PDA

View Full Version : Smoked duck sausage recipe ???

SquirrelChaser
05-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Looking to make a batch of duck sausage this weekend and looking for any recipes or ideas you fellas have.
Thanks

FF_T_Warren
05-05-2010, 05:13 PM
must be nice to have enough duck to make sausage

specktator
05-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I don't have any recipes. But I bring all the ducks we shoot in Mexico to "The Best Stop" They make chicken and duck fresh or smoked sausage. Make u wanna slap ya momma!

SquirrelChaser
05-06-2010, 03:42 AM
I don't have any recipes. But I bring all the ducks we shoot in Mexico to "The Best Stop" They make chicken and duck fresh or smoked sausage. Make u wanna slap ya momma!

I assume they mix it with pork???

specktator
05-06-2010, 04:20 AM
I assume they mix it with pork???

no just chicken and duck. I think they use thigh meat.

FF_T_Warren
05-06-2010, 07:19 AM
After the hunt(john folse) cookbook has a good sausage recipe that I use. Its not for duck but it makes great regular sausage so I'm sure you could just look in other books to find your meat ratios and then just apply the seasoning accordingly. I need to go kill a hog because we just about out of smoked sausage.

And if you go with the cookbook, don't follow the garlic and onion powder, add that to your liking because it is WAY too much. To the point of I used one recipe worth of garlic and onion powder when I did like 4 recipes worth of all other ingredients

Dink
05-06-2010, 07:35 AM
You want eman.......pm him.....he does smoking Competitions