PDA

View Full Version : free billystix custom rod "purple & gold"

billystix custom rods
06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
guys
it is now time for billystix custom rods to step up to the plate, i have talked and bragged about my custom spiral rods so now it's put up or shup up, starting today 6-18-09 and ending 7-02-09 we are going to have a free drawing for a 6ft6 billystix custom spiral rod "spiralstix" i am having some louisiana decals made as well as lsu tiger decals ,so this rod will be built purple and gold, and it will have the decals on it as well as the winners name.
so what do i have to do to win this purple and gold masterpiece, simple just visit my website at www.billystix.com (http://www.billystix.com) and then post up as to why you would like to own your very own custom purple billystix spiral rod.
ok lets get this contest started i would like to see a lot of activity on this and if you want to be a runner up you might be picked for a nice runner up price on a custom billystix. i will post a photo as soon as it is complete
stix
free custom billystix 6ft 6 purple and gold spiral "spiralstix"
have fun and enjoy the contest.:)

huntin fool
06-18-2009, 04:44 PM
i couldn't figure out how to post..so i post here...

I would LOVE to be the lucky receiver of the billy stix rod. It would deffinatly be put to use. I fish every day since i live on a river and 5 mins from saltwater. As many fish as i catch, your rods would get a great rep in louisiana (i had to put that in there :*****:)

even though im a kid i fish tournaments...so they would get a good name thru that aswell!!

:) sorry i dont know how to post on your site.

billystix custom rods
06-18-2009, 04:53 PM
you did it correctly, this is where the contest is to be posted.
thanks for your entry.
stix:)
lets hear it guys.

killa k
06-18-2009, 05:38 PM
I'll jump on this one!

I don't have a lot of cred or publicity as some of these guys do, but what I do have are 4 young boys that are in training to be respectable young men that I would love to have fight over this rod after I have passed on in 60 or 70 years.

slick143
06-18-2009, 07:01 PM
i never owned a custom rod before and would love have one, why not have one from the best.Hell yeah a billystix rod i'm in

J.D.L
06-18-2009, 07:07 PM
I would like a free Billystix rod because it would save me a good deal of cash. The rod would get quite the workout as I fish 2-3 times a week. All of my buddies fish so I'm pretty sure that I could spread the word on how amazing these rods are and send you some business. Custom rods are hard to afford on a 17 year olds salary.

:DPICK ME!:D

Tee-bag
06-18-2009, 07:54 PM
I w a n t o n e

killa k
06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
That's about the best reason I can think of.

Thanks Salty...they're my boys, my legacy, and I love them.

killa k
06-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Don't forget "your life". :)

so true:rolleyes:

huntin fool
06-18-2009, 08:26 PM
oh i got a 4.0 average :) that has nothing to do with fishing but it shows my intelligents.

cordgrass
06-18-2009, 08:30 PM
I could use a new rod.

CatDaddy
06-18-2009, 08:39 PM
I have never owned a pole in my life like dat, I have 5 hand lines that i fish with. Sometimes i catch some big fish me, and dat string cut my hands. I have alot of stitch in my hand from trying to feed my family some fish. Dey hungry and my hands are full of stitch.. Please can i have dat pole me.

huntin fool
06-18-2009, 08:53 PM
I have never owned a pole in my life like dat, I have 5 hand lines that i fish with. Sometimes i catch some big fish me, and dat string cut my hands. I have alot of stitch in my hand from trying to feed my family some fish. Dey hungry and my hands are full of stitch.. Please can i have dat pole me.

:funny::funny::funny::funny::*****::rotfl::*****:: *****:

and i thought i was pulling the "im just a kid thing...lol im sorry catdaddy but i gotta laugh

huntin fool
06-18-2009, 09:01 PM
ya see...im on a budget since i have to pay my entry fees for tournaments and jobs are hard to come by for a 13 yr old. And i cant buy a nice rod like the "billy stix"

salty i really do have a 4.0!!!

LaAngler
06-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Come on I know you all can come up with better sob stories! :D

I wanna wait a little longer before i submit my entry!

huntin fool
06-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Come on I know you all can come up with better sob stories! :D

I wanna wait a little longer before i submit my entry!
ur gunna take some of our stories and combine em huh? i already thought of that. hehe

stix, how did your work get so popular in texas?

CatDaddy
06-18-2009, 09:10 PM
I like to fish more than fool.... and i need it more than fool..... whatever fool says, i like to do it more..... but im doing it with no pole now...

FREON
06-18-2009, 09:12 PM
ur gunna take some of our stories and combine em huh? i already thought of that. hehe

stix, how did your work get so popular in texas? The same way he is going to do it in your state.:D

huntin fool
06-18-2009, 09:14 PM
The same way he is going to do it in your state.:D

so he gave the rod to a inocent 13 yr old kid and he got it popular in texas? :*****:

Spot-Remover
06-18-2009, 09:16 PM
I would love to have that rod with my name on it because when Obama finishes with me I will have to make me one of them cane poles

bigdog
06-19-2009, 12:15 AM
I would love to Win A Custom purple and gold Billy stix rod, but I would like it with SaltyCajun on it instead of my name. And when you finish with it send it to Shad to be Raffled off for Children's Brain Tumor Research Foundation.

:bluefish:

Feesherman
06-19-2009, 06:37 AM
I'd love to have one because they are just so dang good lookin. Not to mention all the fishing I do and I have never even held a custom rod before.

pipeliner76
06-21-2009, 11:16 AM
I'd say it's between killa k and big dog right now.

"W"
06-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Well I think Should get the ROD.....I was 5.5 when we started this web site and now im 5.3" ......Had to put up with Texans for months on out!!! Salty has called me a lot of names and sent me some rude pms that just broke my heart!!! Then he told me LSU was Starting J Lee as QB this year!!!..... Salty with the help of some Texans have put me in a MID-LIFE situation....A new ROD would help me get over all this STRESS!!! And Tony T told me I WAS a LOW LIFE and took my B-Day away!!!

JigSlinger
06-21-2009, 01:40 PM
W, I think you get "the rod" alot on here already....LOL..

cajunman7925
06-21-2009, 01:53 PM
looks like W taught fool how to spell

eman
06-21-2009, 08:32 PM
No one here including me deserves this rod.
Make the rod, and auction it off for the cause.
let the bidding start.:work:

Bluechip
06-21-2009, 08:42 PM
No one here including me deserves this rod.
Make the rod, and auction it off for the cause.
let the bidding start.:work:
If we are bidding I will start it off with $250.00

Big Lake Blondie
06-21-2009, 11:19 PM
I would love to have a custom made BillyStix for myself, but would like to have one even more to give to my husband...He loves these sticks and is dying to have one...I'd like to have it for him because he's a hard working man that is constantly doing for others, without pause to think of himself...He's hunted and fished since he was a little boy and plans on raising our kids the same...To me, he deserves a reward that is all his own that he would be able to pass down to his son or daughter one day...I know he would be absolutely proud to own one of these sticks...:)

billystix custom rods
06-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Is this all that i am going to get on this free billystix free rod contest??
It sure seems like it might deserve a bit more entry's so commmmmmmmm folks lets see some more names.
Stix

Hopedale Hustler
06-23-2009, 05:21 PM
I can show the rod to customers and have it on display at the marina wen not in use and send them your way if i win it...

eman
06-23-2009, 06:00 PM
A buddy of mine was at his camp w/ a marine back on leave from iraq and the marines dad last weekend. He had donated his boat and camp and time to take the marine fishing while he was home to say thanks .
Sat night between 10 p. and 4 a. sun morning some bastage went in his boat and stole all his fishing rods and reels. since he was bringing them as guest ,he had every decent rod an reel he owned in the boat.
last weekend another boat had the lower unit stolen in the same area.
They didn't get to fish sunday .
he doesn't know i'm asking for the rod for him .
So if it is decided that he would get it I will post his screen name and make sure that all this can be verified.
Billy if you want his info to verify please pm me . Bob:help::help:

killa k
06-23-2009, 11:48 PM
A buddy of mine was at his camp w/ a marine back on leave from iraq and the marines dad last weekend. He had donated his boat and camp and time to take the marine fishing while he was home to say thanks .
Sat night between 10 p. and 4 a. sun morning some bastage went in his boat and stole all his fishing rods and reels. since he was bringing them as guest ,he had every decent rod an reel he owned in the boat.
last weekend another boat had the lower unit stolen in the same area.
They didn't get to fish sunday .
he doesn't know i'm asking for the rod for him .
So if it is decided that he would get it I will post his screen name and make sure that all this can be verified.
Billy if you want his info to verify please pm me . Bob:help::help:

That's a thread killer;)

I really hope they find whoever did that and serve up a steaming hot bowl of justice to them...Marine style, Semper Fi!

billystix custom rods
06-24-2009, 02:36 PM
hi folks
the giveaway rod is built and currently drying, it is going to be a nice and light rod, i believe that whoever wins this rod will find that they have never fished a rod like this before, i had some folks over and they were quite impressed with the lighnetness of it as well as the balance.
i will try to get photos on thur and post them for you to look at.
stix

Kwackiller
06-24-2009, 03:08 PM
I would like to win the custom purple & gold billystix rod because it will match my boat perfectly!!

eman
06-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Dats a bad azz looking boat dere!

billystix custom rods
06-27-2009, 02:59 PM
the time is drawing close my friends, if you want to be able to get a shot at this free "strix" then please by all means post up.
also i now have my billystix kozzies and i would not mind giving a few away just give me a shout.
stix

cricket
06-27-2009, 03:25 PM
to whom it may concern,
I work with alot of guys who do alot of fishing and now i'm going with them pretty much everytime they go. I dont like using other people's stuff so i went to academy and purchased me a fluger rod and reel kit. Needless to say i put a super spook on and on the third cast the rod broke in half. Know i have alot of guys at work ragging on me about my pole. It would really shut them up if i was to receive that new pole and I promise not to put that cheap reel on it. I will purchase a high dollar reel for such a high dollar pole. Thank you.

billystix custom rods
06-30-2009, 02:56 AM
last call
the contest is going to end shortly, the runner ups are going to have a sweet deal also so it might be to your advantage to post up and lets see how your luck runs, one day you will look back on this very post and wish you had at least tried, i am currently working on t shirts it will be a few days off but just give me a lt=ittle work time.
also have some great news coming up in the near future.
stix

slick143
06-30-2009, 08:06 AM
P pleeeeeeaaaaaaasssseeee please:bounce:

Slickhunter
06-30-2009, 08:17 AM
I would like a bad azz rod

Hackberry Hustler
06-30-2009, 11:27 AM
I would like to have a Billystix rod to fish with!!! :grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

LaAngler
06-30-2009, 02:11 PM
TTT

huntin fool
06-30-2009, 03:29 PM
i tried heck its free so why not.

id figure you would have had a ton of people post....people post quick!

when does it end?

billystix custom rods
06-30-2009, 04:09 PM
thur--7-02-09
i have considered running it a bit longer but i think that would not be good.
stix

Ducktrickster
06-30-2009, 04:13 PM
I'd definately like to add this to my arsenal.

bigdog
06-30-2009, 05:05 PM
How many times can we enter? :grinpimp:

Cajun Elite
06-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Im poor and i need a new rod.. Hook a brotha up man..

huntin fool
06-30-2009, 07:35 PM
i cant fish anymore...i got a rare sickness called mommysaidso so id atleast like the rod to stare at :)

Trent Buxton
06-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Well the basic truth is I'm not gonna try and throw sympathy out there just the truth and see what this gets me. The most expensive rod in my arsenal is a 49.99 allstar I got as a gift from my wife, the rest are 29.99 special from walmart. The most expensive reel I own is 49.99 h2o express reel from academy the rest are hand me downs from my buddies that i repair and use. I have slowly but surely gotten cheaper and cheaper with my own personal toys due to the fact I like to see my wife and kids have the nicer things in life and I can catch just as many with the cheap equipment. I sacrifice every other week of my life to being away from my family in the oilfield to support them and make sure they have the latest and greatest gadgets, clothes, shoes, and whatnots. I have came to a point in my life where my satisfactions take a back seat to my children's happiness. I guess what im trying to say is heck I feel I have sacrificed enough to see them happy and in some way feel I deserve the rod as a sort of gift from above for thinking of others before myself. Im sure im not much different than most on this site. Im sure a lot of others that read this fit in these same shoes as I do. We all sacrifice some everyday to see our children are better off than we were at there age. So Billy any consideration for my chance to get one of your awesome rods will be greatly appreciated...and thanks for just stepping up and helping the site survive with your advertisment. If I could I would.

killa k
06-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Well the basic truth is I'm not gonna try and throw sympathy out there just the truth and see what this gets me. The most expensive rod in my arsenal is a 49.99 allstar I got as a gift from my wife, the rest are 29.99 special from walmart. The most expensive reel I own is 49.99 h2o express reel from academy the rest are hand me downs from my buddies that i repair and use. I have slowly but surely gotten cheaper and cheaper with my own personal toys due to the fact I like to see my wife and kids have the nicer things in life and I can catch just as many with the cheap equipment. I sacrifice every other week of my life to being away from my family in the oilfield to support them and make sure they have the latest and greatest gadgets, clothes, shoes, and whatnots. I have came to a point in my life where my satisfactions take a back seat to my children's happiness. I guess what im trying to say is heck I feel I have sacrificed enough to see them happy and in some way feel I deserve the rod as a sort of gift from above for thinking of others before myself. Im sure im not much different than most on this site. Im sure a lot of others that read this fit in these same shoes as I do. We all sacrifice some everyday to see our children are better off than we were at there age. So Billy any consideration for my chance to get one of your awesome rods will be greatly appreciated...and thanks for just stepping up and helping the site survive with your advertisment. If I could I would.

plus he's from DeQuincy, the wart on top of Calcasieu parish.:rotfl:

Trent Buxton
06-30-2009, 08:05 PM
LOL....yea that too.... your right killa K

"W"
06-30-2009, 08:53 PM
We arrived at the boat ramp that morning.The sun was just starting to peek over the eastern horizon,as I slid the sleek hull of my center console in to the cool waters of the lake. Some freinds of mine had listened to my fishing story s all week at work,some even marveled at my fishing prowness.Not a bad thing,one often likes to lokked up to,and since most had not a clue I found it that much easyer to get them to belive almost anything.

Big Kahunaz
06-30-2009, 09:44 PM
I could use it to whip the ole lady into shape when she gets outta line. HAHA!

bigdog
07-01-2009, 07:53 AM
In the summer of 2004 my Best friend was working in the local sporting goods store. He was a well-known fisherman in the area who was often asked his opinion about fishing and the best tackle to use. One day a sales rep with All Star came in who knew of my friend’s local celebrity. The rep gave my brother a 6 foot 6 inch medium action rod in hopes of garnering orders once he had used it and discovered its unequivocal serviceability. Having many rods already and knowing that I was also an avid fisherman and acquiring my own reputation as such, my friend gave the rod to me. From that day until today, 5 years later, I caught thousands of fish using this rod. It outlasted at least three fishing reels. Today I had the misfortune of losing my treasured rod when a fish jerked it out of my fumbling hands. I was fishing alone, actively fishing a jig and using the rod to drag a live croaker in about 15 feet of water. When I saw the rod jerk, I first thought that I had snagged something and didn’t immediately pick it up from the rod holder. The rod made a sharp bend again and I knew I had a fish. As I was juggling my other rod and attempting to switch fishing hands to land the hooked fish, the rod slipped through my fingers and was sucked under water within seconds. I and a fellow angler, in the boat next to me, who had witnessed the incident tried for over an hour to retrieve the rod without success. I am heartsick. Only another fisherman can understand my despair. While I know it was an inanimate object, I feel as though I’ve lost a true and loyal friend. This rod supplied me with untold hours of angling pleasure. I will try again another day to find my unwavering companion but if we are not to be reunited, I can reconcile myself that it has met a fitting demise resting in the murky depths of a lake where it reigned supreme.

That why I think being the new owner of a Billy Stix would be like have my old friend back.

billystix custom rods
07-01-2009, 01:29 PM
well it's getting close to time to let mother luck select her winner, to morrow when i get home from work i will gather up all the entry's and put them in the pot and give it a couple of ggood shakes and start drawing.
now remember the runner ups will be offered a good prize as well so be on the look out for your name even if yoy do not win the free rod the runner ups will be rewarded as well good luck and thanks for a great contest and stay tuned for more from billystix custom rods, you never know what i might decided to do next :help:
stix

huntin fool
07-01-2009, 01:41 PM
BOOYAH!

thanks for the raffle stix.

SULPHITE
07-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I like popsicles...

eman
07-01-2009, 03:33 PM
In the summer of 2004 my Best friend was working in the local sporting goods store. He was a well-known fisherman in the area who was often asked his opinion about fishing and the best tackle to use. One day a sales rep with All Star came in who knew of my friend’s local celebrity. The rep gave my brother a 6 foot 6 inch medium action rod in hopes of garnering orders once he had used it and discovered its unequivocal serviceability. Having many rods already and knowing that I was also an avid fisherman and acquiring my own reputation as such, my friend gave the rod to me. From that day until today, 5 years later, I caught thousands of fish using this rod. It outlasted at least three fishing reels. Today I had the misfortune of losing my treasured rod when a fish jerked it out of my fumbling hands. I was fishing alone, actively fishing a jig and using the rod to drag a live croaker in about 15 feet of water. When I saw the rod jerk, I first thought that I had snagged something and didn’t immediately pick it up from the rod holder. The rod made a sharp bend again and I knew I had a fish. As I was juggling my other rod and attempting to switch fishing hands to land the hooked fish, the rod slipped through my fingers and was sucked under water within seconds. I and a fellow angler, in the boat next to me, who had witnessed the incident tried for over an hour to retrieve the rod without success. I am heartsick. Only another fisherman can understand my despair. While I know it was an inanimate object, I feel as though I’ve lost a true and loyal friend. This rod supplied me with untold hours of angling pleasure. I will try again another day to find my unwavering companion but if we are not to be reunited, I can reconcile myself that it has met a fitting demise resting in the murky depths of a lake where it reigned supreme.

That why I think being the new owner of a Billy Stix would be like have my old friend back.

Boy , I aint sayin you don't deserve the rod just as much as the next guy . But that is a good fish tale.
Cause i know mama don't let you get out in that lil flat boat w/o her!:*****::*****::*****:

slip knot
07-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Free certainly seems in my price range. I'd be happy wit a coozy or shirt even. SK

Hebert
07-01-2009, 04:09 PM
I really need this cuz I just don't know how long my snoopy rod and reel combo will hold up :help:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7773/snoopyd.jpg

BIGJ
07-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Thats some bad azz rods and I want one.:)

huntin fool
07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
who won!?!

swamp snorkler
07-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I would like to win this rod so i can piss my wife off by going buy a nice low profile shimano reel to put on it.

billystix custom rods
07-02-2009, 06:04 PM
thanks everyone
the contest is now over"i will post the winner shortly.
thanks to all that took part in the contest.
stix