PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and prayers needed

Salty
05-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Shadman has been so helpful in getting this site up and running and there are still some things that need to be done. However, he and his family are dealing with a more serious issue. His 2 year-old son, Jonathan, has an inoperable brain tumor. I first heard about it on SaltyTexan. Shad told me today that his condition has worsened and that the next day or so might be his last. Everybody keep Shad and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Salty

CatDaddy
05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Me and my families prayers are with you Shadman.

bigdog
05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=33

Prayers Sent!

drpuldo
05-05-2009, 06:39 PM
prayers sent. god bless

huntin fool
05-05-2009, 06:50 PM
prayers sent shad!

Jonathon will stay in my prayers and thoughts!

The Old Caster
05-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Our family will say prayers for you and yours, or home and hearts are always open to you if we can provide any help to you.

Deadly D
05-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Our prayers are sent for Jonathn, Shad and family.

LittleRob
05-05-2009, 08:33 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and the little one

MOJO
05-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Shad,I know you'd take that tumor in a heartbeat if it meant your childs survival.
I can't imagine if something like this happened to one of my children.
I'll give them extra love tonight thinking about your child.
God Bless Your Child.
MOJO

Country
05-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Shadman
May God Bless you with he strength and courage You will need in the upcoming days. May he also bless your son with His peace and Love. Know that he will not have that tumor in heaven.

Country

"W"
05-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Shad...God Bless and We will keep you and your family in our prayers.....

Big_Country
05-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Shad i am very sorry to hear about your son.. you and your family are in my prayers.....TheToledoBendBomber (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/member.php?u=160)

ShadMan
05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Jonathan is still hanging in there. His oxygen saturation is down in the upper 30s now, and his heartrate is around 160. He just refuses to give up the fight. He has enough morphine in him to take down a horse, so he's not in any pain, but he's having difficulty breathing. We don't expect him to be with us much longer. In fact, I am utterly amazed that he still is. We have told him that it is OK for him to let go and be in peace, and everybody has said their goodbyes. I just pray that it happens quickly and with no pain. Please continue to pray for our little boy.

drjay
05-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Prayers sent. God bless.

Salty
05-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Shad, how long ago was the tumor found?

huntin fool
05-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Shadman, once again I am very sorry to hear that we will keep Jonathon in our prayers!

ScubaRu
05-05-2009, 09:16 PM
With tears in my eyes, God bless you and that strong beautiful little boy Jeff! We could only wish to have a portion of the strength and courage that Jonathan has.

Hebert
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
:( man..there is nothing harder than that...prayers sent!

MOJO
05-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Jonathan is still hanging in there. His oxygen saturation is down in the upper 30s now, and his heartrate is around 160. He just refuses to give up the fight. He has enough morphine in him to take down a horse, so he's not in any pain, but he's having difficulty breathing. We don't expect him to be with us much longer. In fact, I am utterly amazed that he still is. We have told him that it is OK for him to let go and be in peace, and everybody has said their goodbyes. I just pray that it happens quickly and with no pain. Please continue to pray for our little boy.
I'm crying right now reading this to my family.
My little 5 year old angel haley said that the little boy is going to have wings and be able to fly with the birds With Jesus.

You never know what comes out of the mouth of babes.

Anyway.
God blessed your family with a child that fell ill.
He has taught you the difference between real love and just love.
He has taught you the difference between real pain and jusp pain.

It never seems right for God to take a young one.
Lord knows I'd be struggling every day with my faith if something like this happened to either of my kids.
What you and your family are going trough has solidified my family.
I give extra long kisses goodnight and extra long hugs in the morning before school.
Just wanted to let you know Shad that your son has made a difference in this horrible little world.
God bless him and your family.
MOJO

"W"
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
My little 5 year old angel haley said that the little boy is going to have wings and be able to fly with the birds With Jesus.

Anyway.

Lord knows I'd be struggling every day with my faith if something like this happened to either of my kids.
I give extra long kisses goodnight and extra long hugs in the morning before school.
Just wanted to let you know Shad that your son has made a difference in this horrible little world.
MOJO

Im lost for words and could only
Imagine the lose of a child.

ROOSTER
05-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Jeff,......i don't know what to say.......God bless you my brother.

LaAngler
05-05-2009, 10:57 PM
God, please bless Jeff, Jonathan, and the rest of their family. Let us all remember our frailty and mortality. Let Jonathan rejoice in everlasting happiness.

at my time here at the site today i have laughed until i cried, and truly cried now.

MOJO
05-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Sitting here at work thinking about shads son.
Gave my kids extra attention this morning before they went to school.

Anyone have an update?
Thanks

pascagoula
05-06-2009, 09:07 AM
I've got a little boy with Crebral Palsy, he's 4. I know it's hard when our children are afflicted. I know that you would trade yourself for him if you could just as I would give my son my legs and arms and hands so that he can be physically normal. Just know and believe that there is no pain so great that our Lord Jesus Christ can't help you through. God has given me peace over my son's affliction and he can give you peace as well. My prayers are with your and your family as I did so before writing this post. My prayers are for peace and comfort for you and your son.

The Lord is my sheperd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His names sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me and your rod and staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over, Surley goodness and mercy shall follow me, All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

The bible says that we'll not endure more than we can handle with the Gods help.

MallardFish
05-06-2009, 09:54 AM

Anyway.

MOJO

Mojo, you hit the nail on the head...

Shad, being the father of 2 young sons I have no words to express my pain for your family...All I have are prayers...They have been sent...God bless!

Big Flounder
05-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Prayers sent for the little guy and family.

ShadMan
05-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Jonathan is still hanging on, though his breathing is much shallower now. It is absolutely amazing that he is still with us. He is calm and peaceful, and we expect him to slip away at any time.

meaux fishing
05-06-2009, 12:09 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with your family

ScubaRu
05-06-2009, 12:10 PM
So sorry ShadMan.....

MOJO
05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Jonathan is still hanging on, though his breathing is much shallower now. It is absolutely amazing that he is still with us. He is calm and peaceful, and we expect him to slip away at any time.
Just don't know what to say anymore.

Salty
05-06-2009, 12:52 PM
This is so sad. I just cannot fathom what they've been dealing with.

cedar
05-06-2009, 12:57 PM
May God bless you and your family.

ROOSTER
05-06-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm still praying for a miracle. God speed my freind.

hangemhigh
05-06-2009, 02:57 PM
May your FAITH be your guide SHAD. May GOD give you and your family the strength and faith to manage this "parents worst nightmare". May he lay his most powerful hands upon you guys in this time of need.

huntin fool
05-06-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm still praying for a miracle. God speed my freind.

rooster, same her bud im praying for a miracle.

once again shad, im sorry to hear about all this, prayers sent!

blackjackman
05-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Shad, our prayer are with you and and your family.

Tiny
05-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Jonathan went into the light with his little wings last night at about 2:am.

God Speed Jonathan and God Bless the Shaddix Family.

Salty
05-07-2009, 07:10 AM
GOD BLESS 'em all.

CatDaddy
05-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Im so sorry Shad... Im speachless. I wish there was something I could to to make it better. I could not even begin to imagine going thu this, be strong good buddy. God Bless you and your family.

MOJO
05-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Jonathan suffers no more.
I'm very sorry for the pain your family will endure but rest assured,God placed your son on this earth to show what real love is.
I hope your family can find peace.

LaAngler
05-07-2009, 09:06 AM
God will take him from grace to glory, he has freed him from his chains into unfading bliss. Rest in peace. Amen.

The Sportsman
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
**prayers sent**

cedar
05-07-2009, 09:41 AM
So sorry........... God Bless

InfamousJ
05-07-2009, 10:12 AM

Anyway.

MOJOMojo, great post. It is true that little Jonathan's light has now shined in many of our hearts through understanding better love for a child, or anyone around us. Our time on this earth is not eternal but it is with God's everlasting Kingdom. Peace be with you Jonathan Shaddix and know we carry your showing of strength in our hearts.

johnkerwin
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
So sorry to hear the news. But he is with the Almighty and pain free forever.
Gob Bless Jonathan and keep him near to you.

pascagoula
05-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Don't have the words, my mom and I sit here crying. My prayers are with you and your family. It'll take alot of prayers to get through this. I'm praying for peace and wisdom for you and your family.

Jordan
05-07-2009, 10:47 AM
shad, if you need anything, im speaking on behalf of everyone on this site.... just let us know.... my heart and prayers are with you and your family, be strong buddy GOD BLESS

pascagoula
05-07-2009, 10:51 AM
No doubt where Jonathan is right now. Dad, you'll see him again and he'll be perfect and whole without any illness or pain. You'll know him and he'll know you. It'll be great.

ShadMan
05-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Thank you, everyone. Katie and I are a bit numb right now, but doing OK. We know that he is without pain now for the first time in his life.

ScubaRu
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Prayers sent, he's without pain now, and is in heaven in the arms of the Lord!

MOJO
05-07-2009, 12:29 PM
No doubt where Jonathan is right now. Dad, you'll see him again and he'll be perfect and whole without any illness or pain. You'll know him and he'll know you. It'll be great.
Absolutley the truth.
Very well said

Country
05-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Shadman,

As everyone here, I am so sorry for your lose. Our prayers are still with you. There are alot of wet eyes on here today. God Bless you and Mrs Katie.

Country

Salty
05-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I am totally impressed how the members of the entire "Salty Nation", Cajuns and Texans, alike, have come to the aid of one of our own at a time of such great loss. Let's continue to remember the Shaddix family in our prayers.

huntin fool
05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
shad,im very sorry to hear about your lose, today we had prayer time for national day of prayer, and the time i did get to pray,you can bet i prayed for your son. Unfortunatly our momnet of silence was ruined, by some kids.. but i sent my prayers right before it all happened. So, once again i am very sorry for your lose,he will never again have pain tho.

duckman444
05-07-2009, 11:52 PM
shad iam extremely sorry for what is happening. my prayers from myself and my family go out to you. just remember god has a special place for little angels. try to keep your chin up buddy. your son would want that. deepest condolences.
sean moran(duckman444)

Hackberry Hustler
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
May god bless you and help you seek a place where you can find comfort. My family is all praying for you and yours.

LittleRob
05-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Prayers are with you from my family