PDA

View Full Version : fourchon 6-20-09 2nd time this week

fishinpox
06-20-2009, 05:22 PM
fished fourchon again the wife was sick and she gave me another yard pass this week but i still didnt hesitate to see if she wanted to go with me sunday. probally pressin my luck considering im going tuna fishing thurspm friday and saturday. anyways the water looked even better than it did thursday, tons of mullet everywhere had a good topwater bite in the early morning the thru plastic dudleys and mirrodine xl. caught probally 90 trout but ended up with 42 keepers nothing massive in size but still a nice meat haul with a steady bite.

The Salty Hog
06-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Nice fish Pox, I heard they did well overthere today along the beach, is that where y'all hit em' up?

fishinpox
06-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Nice fish Pox, I heard they did well overthere today along the beach, is that where y'all hit em' up?

no we ran out the pass at barley sun up and they had some pretty big rollers comin out it and i didnt feel like fighting the rollers , 100 other boats, work the trollin motor ect.. so we ran the back way out to the islands and fished them but around 9 or 10 the wind died and we could have went out to the beach or the rigs but the sun had whooped us so by 11 we were haeded in id rather fish the islands catch less fish but not have to deal with eveyone i hate to have to throw topwater baits at people who get to close to me!!!!!

The Salty Hog
06-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I hear that man, I try to fish during the week as much as I can just for that reason, I hate the crowds too.

FlatoutFishin
06-24-2009, 03:40 AM
I see a few good ones in there. Nice haul!