PDA

View Full Version : Toledo Bend Fishing License

EvinFord
05-27-2010, 09:04 AM
I fish Toledo Bend a lot and a friend of mine had a camp on the TX side that we fished at many times each year. We always just had a LA Fishing License and this was no problem at all, but then again, we always got check on the lake, not at the launch because it was a small neighborhood launch.

He has sold that camp and we now rent each time we go up there and we are looking to rent a camp on the TX side. If we are launching on the TX side, do we need a TX fishing license? I don't want to get a ticket. I have gotten several answers from several different people. I even called TX wildlife and fisheries and the lady on the other end of the line sounded a little confused and hesitant and said (with no confidence in her voice :shaking: :confused:) that you need a TX license if you are launching and bringing fish out of lake on the TX side.

What are the rules?!?!?!

-Jordan

adamsfence
05-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Where ever u launch from is where u haveto have a license for i believe

EvinFord
05-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Wow...if that is the case, I have been fishing in Toledo Bend illegally for many years...woops. Anyone else have a definite answer?

Shawn Braquet
05-27-2010, 01:32 PM
that is definitely the rule, have to have a license for the state you launch and adhere to their limits

speck25
05-29-2010, 06:57 PM
that is definitely the rule, have to have a license for the state you launch and adhere to their limits

i don't think thats correct. either license is accetable unless you are fishing from the bank. In fishing from bank or boat dock on texas side must have texas license.

jchief
05-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Tx and La have a reciprocal agreement on Toledo. Can launch from either side with a Tx or La license.

speck25
05-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Tx and La have a reciprocal agreement on Toledo. Can launch from either side with a Tx or La license.

Thats correct

Bluechip
05-29-2010, 08:11 PM

x2

LPfishnTIM
05-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Tx and La can agree not to give tickets, but LA and Miss is a whole different story!

we fish a club tournament there 2x a year and we launch on both sides and never had a problem with wlf from la or tx as long as your fish are legal and you have a license from either state your good!