PDA

View Full Version : YOUr a SUcka if you A CRokEr soker..

Cajun Elite
06-20-2009, 09:01 PM
BAN LIVE BAIT FROM TROUT TOURNYS... THIS IS BS sorry it just burns me..:(

huntin fool
06-20-2009, 09:24 PM

BAN LIVE?

Ban live and Dead. you know they go post up on the edge of the ship channel with em and pull some 8 lber out.

rosska
06-20-2009, 09:48 PM
The trout killing would not be near what it is if live bait is banned. The true trophy trout fisherman that fishes lures will have the respect for the big fish to try and keep it alive. The majority of the big trout caught this time of year are caught and killed by the people fishing live bait. The tournaments should either have two different divisions or ban live bait. The spectacular tournament banned wade fishing but allowed live bait. This is crazy, a tournament should be about skill and ability not who can throw an anchor and let a croaker swim around their boat. It takes a skilled angler to catch fish on lures, weather wading or in a boat. Anyone can throw an anchor hook and a croaker and sit back with their fingers crossed. You want to see fewer anglers on the lake, ban live bait and see how many people will get out there this time of year and grind it out. I would like to see the results for the tournament today listing what each fish was caught on. I bet it would be pretty interesting.

Bruce, hell of a fish and thanks for representing true anglers well!!!

SAVE THE CROAKERS; THROW A LURE

"W"
06-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I agree 100%.....Live bait should not be allowed in any tournament ...Even STAR.....Winners should have some kind of skills not soaking a Croaker on bottom!!!!

The Salty Hog
06-20-2009, 10:55 PM
I second that...

Cajun Elite
06-20-2009, 11:12 PM
The trout killing would not be near what it is if live bait is banned. The true trophy trout fisherman that fishes lures will have the respect for the big fish to try and keep it alive. The majority of the big trout caught this time of year are caught and killed by the people fishing live bait. The tournaments should either have two different divisions or ban live bait. The spectacular tournament banned wade fishing but allowed live bait. This is crazy, a tournament should be about skill and ability not who can throw an anchor and let a croaker swim around their boat. It takes a skilled angler to catch fish on lures, weather wading or in a boat. Anyone can throw an anchor hook and a croaker and sit back with their fingers crossed. You want to see fewer anglers on the lake, ban live bait and see how many people will get out there this time of year and grind it out. I would like to see the results for the tournament today listing what each fish was caught on. I bet it would be pretty interesting.

Bruce, hell of a fish and thanks for representing true anglers well!!!

SAVE THE CROAKERS; THROW A LURE
You cant wade. but live bait is ok.. dosent make any sence.. Maybe when gas prices go up we'll get more oil tankers in the ship channel and run these JIMS off.. there better b a rule against live bait on the 4th or this trophy trout angler will not b attending.. Lucky for yall!!! lol:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

"W"
06-20-2009, 11:16 PM
WE DONT ROLL LIVE BAIT.....NOT FOR MONEY....Their is NO SKILL in Soaking a Croaker on bottom.....Im No trophy trout king but I can say that I have never soaked a croaker or shrimp ........All my fish come off artifical

Cajun Elite
06-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Thats what i like about u W.. keep it artifical... You feel alot better about yourself.. And for all you live shrimp fisherman, may the hardheads be plentiful... hahahah...

"W"
06-20-2009, 11:34 PM
All your fish come off the tit. :rolleyes:

YEP and Strait in to the Grease.....

matt wahl
06-20-2009, 11:38 PM
I fish artificials...however when my son is with me (8) he throws live shrimp. I agree as far as banning organic bait for tournament.

"W"
06-20-2009, 11:47 PM
I fish artificials...however when my son is with me (8) he throws live shrimp. I agree as far as banning organic bait for tournament.

I have nothing against someone fishing live bait.....I was taught by my dad to use plastic only.....We never use live so there is no need for me to now.....I just dont think it should be used in tournaments......

The best fisherman never bet Croaker soakers......Thats just fact.....

Last two Tournaments Croaker Soaking won...

rosska
06-20-2009, 11:49 PM
One thing that pissed me off a little more about the whole topic is the book Trout Masters. The book only has 3 good chapters and they happen to be on big lake anglers. I did enjoy reading these chapters but the rest of the book is dedicated to *%^#ing croaker soakers. To label these people as Trout Masters is a insult to the true angles of the book. I am gald this thread got started because I have been needing to vent on this topic for a while.

Cajun Elite
06-21-2009, 02:13 AM
The book is sittin' on my desk right now. Took all of 30 minutes for me to read it. Except for chapters 3 and 6......the book is a joke.
Its got some nice pics..lmao:*****:

JigSlinger
06-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Let me see if I got this right....You enter a tournament, knowing the rules....you decide to fish with artificals....you constantly get beat by folks who decide to fish differently than you....so, as a result, you belittle the winners and want all future tournament rules to be changed to conform to your method of fishing so that you'll have a better chance to win....!! Almost sounds like Obama's policies to redistribute the wealth.......Ain't this a Great Country!!!

"JW"
06-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Bunch of crybabies. If you are really in it "for the trout" then ban tournaments. You guys are in stage 3 which is still a rookie. When you get to stage 4 there won't be stupid threads like this.

Too Tall
06-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Sounds like a bunch of elitists to me. If you don't like the tourney rules don't fish it. If it is legal why complain? Work to change the rules.
Whats even more hypocritical is ya'll get off on posting pictures of all the juvenile trout you catch, bragging on your bag limits and then you get your panties in a wad when someone uses live bait to catch a couple of big trout.

"W"
06-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a bunch of elitists to me. If you don't like the tourney rules don't fish it. If it is legal why complain? Work to change the rules.
Whats even more hypocritical is ya'll get off on posting pictures of all the juvenile trout you catch, bragging on your bag limits and then you get your panties in a wad when someone uses live bait to catch a couple of big trout.

Thats not the FACT....We all love to fish Tournaments and love the challenge!! Who cares about bagging limits....I do that with plastic all the time...I dont compare my limit to a guy using shrimp!! When having a tournament its about the best winning....NOT HERE!!! Best have won but not when they should....YOu take the Shootout.....433 guys ...Our boat had 8th and 26th place trout...now if it was artifical only....Im sure we would of been 2nd and 8th....

JigSlinger
06-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Fortunately, the best will not always win,,sometimes luck will prevail over skill...and personally, I'd much rather listen to someone boast over how "lucky" he was, as opposed to how "good he is"...!!! I tend to agree with Salty,,,I haven't fished any tournaments,except STAR, for years because I don't agree with some of the rules....this is my personal decision, and I certainly wouldn't condemn the eventual winners because I chose not to participate..!! No more than you should downgrade their "win" because of their method of fishing ...

huntin fool
06-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Thats not the FACT....We all love to fish Tournaments and love the challenge!! Who cares about bagging limits....I do that with plastic all the time...I dont compare my limit to a guy using shrimp!! When having a tournament its about the best winning....NOT HERE!!! Best have won but not when they should....YOu take the Shootout.....433 guys ...Our boat had 8th and 26th place trout...now if it was artifical only....Im sure we would of been 2nd and 8th....

and fool would have prolly got 10th...

you all know that kids in the shootout 90% soaked live or dead bait. What did fool do????? he soaked plastics

Cajun Elite
06-21-2009, 12:28 PM
HEY W,,,, you got any of those white and red's....

JigSlinger
06-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Salty, no I don't think that it's right----in fact, I said I hadn't fished a tournament in many years because I don't agree with some of the rules...Weigh-ins can be a real "downer"...but, I can only control "me" and what I choose to do...not what "others" do...

"W"
06-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Bottom line is bassmasters don't soak shiners!! Why should trout anglers soak croaker?

JigSlinger
06-21-2009, 12:57 PM
W, I agree,,,but, Basmaster's are really trying to determine who is the "best" fisherman....unfortunately, most local tournaments are mainly interested in entry fees/fundraising/and payouts...!!! That's the nature of the beast...by eliminating "livies" you're reducing those entry fees..

"W"
06-21-2009, 01:02 PM
W, I agree,,,but, Basmaster's are really trying to determine who is the "best" fisherman....unfortunately, most local tournaments are mainly interested in entry fees/fundraising/and payouts...!!! That's the nature of the beast...by eliminating "livies" you're reducing those entry fees..

You may be right...but livies dont prove anything or show any type of skill.....I spend countless days on the water before a tournament looking for big trout....and mostly beat out by a croakers soaker who never pre fished!!!....Nothing you can do and don't want to knock someone for fishing with live bait.....Just should,nt show up in tournaments.....Just my BEEF...

huntin fool
06-21-2009, 01:03 PM
i have fished both trout tours and bass tours.

Bass tours if you dont keep ur bass alive .25 deduction for 1, .50 for 2, .75 3, 1 lb for 4 fish after that i dunno.

speck tours- no death penalty just a bonus for alive

bass tours- no live bait

speck tours-live bait.

for local tours im worried about spanking the other peopl and putting some money in my pocket

LaAngler
06-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm sure this is a touchy subject. Too many of these little events and big lake will end up like Rockport. A lot of big fish died for a few dollars so far this year on the lake, and I'm not sure that STAR isn't the number one culprit.

One thing about that live bait rule is that it's hard to enforce. The choice to boycott these kill/live bait tournaments is always there on the other hand.

It's not the fishermen's fault who are just playing by the rules set by the event coordinator. It was interesting to see the number of anchored boats with anglers sitting down with a line over the transom....ha ha

"W"
06-21-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm sure this is a touchy subject. Too many of these little events and big lake will end up like Rockport. A lot of big fish died for a few dollars so far this year on the lake.

One thing I thought about is that live bait rule would be hard to enforce. The choice to boycott these kill/live bait tournaments is always there on the other hand.

Wait until Tomorrow....This post will hit 300 comments....:smokin:

Too Tall
06-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Thats not the FACT....Wrong again reddy. You post up pictures of limits of juvy trout and brag about it with not one iota of concern for conservation. Yet some guy during a tournament catches a big trout on live bait and ya'll act like he just raped the resource and is killing off the species. I've said it before and I'm sure you will hear it again. You are a poser reddy.

Bottom line is bassmasters don't soak shiners!! Why should trout anglers soak croaker?bassmasters are professional fisherman but don't think for a second that if they allowed live bait that none of them would use it. Don't like the tournet rules, don't fish it. Its just that simple.

huntin fool
06-21-2009, 01:30 PM
i can out fish people that are using live bait easily in bass fishing.
i for one dont use live bait to bass fish. EVEN if i had the choice i still wouldn't use it.

dont call me a poser either, i have caught more bass then any 13 yr old should catch. i have a 5 mounted that i caught when i was 7.

ask wtretrievers the river i fish is TOUGH

that was to " too tall"

exspeck big specks
06-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Live bait is not used in BASS tourneys or the Redfish cup series. This is the only time of the years it is more efficient than artificail , mainly due to accessibilty to the live croakers/mullets.

One thing that pissed me off a little more about the whole topic is the book Trout Masters. The book only has 3 good chapters and they happen to be on big lake anglers. I did enjoy reading these chapters but the rest of the book is dedicated to *%^#ing croaker soakers. To label these people as Trout Masters is a insult to the true angles of the book. I am gald this thread got started because I have been needing to vent on this topic for a while.

LaAngler
06-21-2009, 01:35 PM
maybe one of the texas guys will comment on how most of the trout events down there are setting rules.

"W"
06-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Here is the real deal....Their are only a hand full of Trout Masters in LA and none of them got popular by soaking croaker!!! They have what it takes to Trick the TROUT.....(most only catch take pic and release)..... You will never see a good trout fisherman winning tournament after tournament like bass anglers!! Reason they use artifical and can't compete with the Croaker soaker!!! Thats Facts......
You take out the live bait factor and I promise you would see more of the same guys in the top 10 than ever.......

I see a lot of Texas guys going against this..but ALL YOU TEXANS are Croaker and Shrimp soakers also.... Saw 4 flats with Texas # chunking Live Shrimp yesterday!!!

LaAngler
06-21-2009, 03:43 PM
a lot of inshore tournaments in texas have gone to artificial only and that's a fact

JigSlinger
06-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Most fishermen don't have the "time" to fish 3x's a week nor extensively pre-fish for a tournament,,,they rely on live bait as their "equalizer" against the guys who are fortunate enough to have the time to garner the experience necessary to win consistantly...Without that "edge", they may chose not to compete...That's a tough decision (live vs. artifical) but it's ultimately controlled by the Tournament Organizers ......!!

rosska
06-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Let me see if I got this right....You enter a tournament, knowing the rules....you decide to fish with artificals....you constantly get beat by folks who decide to fish differently than you....so, as a result, you belittle the winners and want all future tournament rules to be changed to conform to your method of fishing so that you'll have a better chance to win....!! Almost sounds like Obama's policies to redistribute the wealth.......Ain't this a Great Country!!!

Let me help you get it right.... I enter a tournament to test my skills, knowledge to find fish, and ability to adapt to the fishing conditions against others that would like to do the same. I fish with artifical lures because it is the weapon of true anglers which takes practice and ability to master. Do you see the anglers of the redfish cup, texas trout series, spectacular series, bass masters and flw tour throwing an anchor and soaking bait? NOPE! Why, because it would not be a true test of the angler. If these tournaments allowed people to soak bait you me or my three year old daughter would have the ability to compete with them. A tournament should be setup so that the anglers that come out on top are truly skilled anglers. It should be a tournament which requires skill to come out on top, not like a Lottery which is dependent on luck. Anyone can depend on a live bait and luck to make up for their lack of skill. I go out to compete against anglers not people who decide to fish in the Lottery. I have no problem not winning a tournament but I want to look at the leader board and say those were the true anglers of the tournament, not someone who depended on a live bait for the day. If I do not win, it shows I need to put in more time and work to better my abilities and chance to win. I do not have anything against anyone who chooses to fish with bait. I have used bait too, and depending on who I am fishing with (wife or kids) I am sure I will one day use it again. But, you will never see me use it in a tournament or competition. I will then depend on my true fishing abilities in which I think all others should have to depend on.

exspeck big specks
06-21-2009, 05:30 PM
amen!!!

JigSlinger
06-21-2009, 05:31 PM
You just re-enforced my position....if you don't like the rules, for whatever reason--don't fish,,,,it's your choice..!!! You and you alone decide what you want to fish with---don't blame it on others....maybe if enough people stop fishing these tournaments then maybe the Tournament Organizers will get the message and change the rules, but I doubt it..

all star rod
06-21-2009, 06:00 PM
This is one of those things that unless the tournaments bans the live stuff those guys that use artificial will have to do one of two things: either use the live stuff or have a lot less % of winning. I find people that use artificial will do everything in their powers not to use the live stuff. Also, most that use the live stuff will you it 24/7/365. I myself, rather use plastics and catch 20 then use live and catch 30. Also, what about a tournament being at a particular venue where a certin person in the tournament field has fished the lake 100 times and another person in the tournament field has maybe only fished it 10 times. Them guess who has the bigger advantage? I guess it is not a perfect world.

Cajun Elite
06-21-2009, 06:16 PM
You just re-enforced my position....if you don't like the rules, for whatever reason--don't fish,,,,it's your choice..!!! You and you alone decide what you want to fish with---don't blame it on others....maybe if enough people stop fishing these tournaments then maybe the Tournament Organizers will get the message and change the rules, but I doubt it..
You maybe right..

huntin fool
06-21-2009, 06:22 PM
i see it as i have blown my money on a few tours, lost to croaker soakers so....i doubt i fish many more unless it is artificial only. Thats why i rather bass tours NO LIVE BAIT.

Too Tall
06-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Do you see the anglers of the redfish cup, texas trout series, spectacular series, bass masters and flw tour throwing an anchor and soaking bait? NOPE! Why, Its about the $$$$. Its not in the best interest of the Tourney to allow live/dead bait. They limit it to arti's to sell sponsorship products, test the anglers skill and create interest. The tourneys don't want to be handing out $$$$ to some no name who happened to get lucky soaking some dead shrimp. They lose sponsorships and fans that way.

Also I don't disagree with most of what you are saying but don't think for a second that the folks, maybe not all, fishing the above tournaments would not fish live bait if allowed to by the rules. They will go with what is catching the fish and gives them the best shot at the $$$$.

Evans
06-21-2009, 06:47 PM
I don't understand why all tournaments are not all catch and release. I wish they all were however if someone tells me I can use live bait and I know at least 50% of my competition are using live bait then so will I if necessary! I still think it takes alot of skill to catch an 8 pounder even with live bait but you still should use conservation and have catch and release tournaments.

rosska
06-21-2009, 07:40 PM
I guess my thoughts are that just because there are more less skilled anglers that choose to use live bait I do not want to throw something I have worked to learn and become aside to down grade and join the majority of less skilled. I understand that live bait will probably never be banned due to the fact that the entries will drop dramatically and the cash flow will suffer. My suggestion would be to have two different divisions in the tournament, Lures & Bait. Split the prizes down the middle and post the results separate. I think this may encourage some average fisherman to become better and strive to setup to the big league. They will be able to choose fishing against the majority and have the same chance or setup to test their skills and against fewer people. This way everyone is happy and the tournament is still profitable. I also agree with the weight penalty rather than the bonus. I think people will strive to keep a big trout alive knowing their 5lb trout will be posted as a 4.5lb versus the opportunity to get a bonus if the trout happens to stay alive.

Bluechip
06-21-2009, 08:05 PM
I guess my thoughts are that just because there are more less skilled anglers that choose to use live bait I do not want to throw something I have worked to learn and become aside to down grade and join the majority of less skilled. I understand that live bait will probably never be banned due to the fact that the entries will drop dramatically and the cash flow will suffer. My suggestion would be to have two different divisions in the tournament, Lures & Bait. Split the prizes down the middle and post the results separate. I think this may encourage some average fisherman to become better and strive to setup to the big league. They will be able to choose fishing against the majority and have the same chance or setup to test their skills and against fewer people. This way everyone is happy and the tournament is still profitable. I also agree with the weight penalty rather than the bonus. I think people will strive to keep a big trout alive knowing their 5lb trout will be posted as a 4.5lb versus the opportunity to get a bonus if the trout happens to stay alive.

I'm not against live bait. I think to each his own but I really like your idea. Good post...

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Ok so Guys...Deff Should Be Banned From Tourneys...no doubt..i do try to throw artificial as often as i can when not deck handing or fishing with customers..mah captain charter captain that is has to make a livin too..and sometimes artificial just dont get the job done guys..i mean its easy for yall to scream no live bait when yall fish in a place like big like (arguably the greatest trophy lake in the country..) but just from a breton sound platform fishing fisherman...artificial dont always get it done..im no uscg charter captain (yet)..so i only deck hand charters on weekends to make a lil extra cash to pay for gas in the boat during the week...but i do know and see what its like tryin to make a livin in this bizz when there is know live bait..especially when fishing in such a place like The B sound where many situations artificial is not an option..some times its not just croaker soaking..more than often its a croaker free lined getting workked much like a hybrind or H&H...not tryin to cause arguments here but just tryin to make the point that just because you fish live dont mean ur less of a fisherman...

BTW The Biggest Trout Ive Ever Caught Was Caught On A Hybrid Flurry Tipped With Shrimp..haha wats that make me?

speckdaddy
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
that makes you a cheater *****!!!!! all good , i think you made a great point. some guys make a living at this and live is the way ta go. i think tournaments are what the real beef is all about. yall do good in venice hustler? pm me with sum pics and a report. also which charter down there ya work for. goin in 2 weeks ta b sound. thanks

"W"
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM
It is beyond me how these doods can be labeled "Trout Masters" when they enter competition with live bait. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! What an accomplishment!!!! I would have much rather read W's life story than read about them. IMO, there are only two true "Trout Masters" in that book....Jeff Poe and, "The Master", himself, Will Drost. I know, for a fact, that there are others more deserving when it comes to ability. That's the worst $30 I've ever spent in my life.

Salty the best story was CHINK.....LMAO x 10.....He double up on croaker....

flounder_smacker
06-21-2009, 08:45 PM
It is beyond me how these doods can be labeled "Trout Masters" when they enter competition with live bait. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! What an accomplishment!!!! I would have much rather read W's life story than read about them. IMO, there are only two true "Trout Masters" in that book....Jeff Poe and, "The Master", himself, Will Drost. I know, for a fact, that there are others more deserving when it comes to ability. That's the worst $30 I've ever spent in my life.

you forgot trout master capt eric dumas. w's mentor :*****::*****::*****::*****::*****::work::work::wo rk::work:

"W"
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
I want to be like "CHINK"....Soak two Croaker at a time and get a story about it.......

huntin fool
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
i say just ban it from the tours or have a seperate division.

rosska
06-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Ok so Guys...Deff Should Be Banned From Tourneys...no doubt..i do try to throw artificial as often as i can when not deck handing or fishing with customers..mah captain charter captain that is has to make a livin too..and sometimes artificial just dont get the job done guys..i mean its easy for yall to scream no live bait when yall fish in a place like big like (arguably the greatest trophy lake in the country..) but just from a breton sound platform fishing fisherman...artificial dont always get it done..im no uscg charter captain (yet)..so i only deck hand charters on weekends to make a lil extra cash to pay for gas in the boat during the week...but i do know and see what its like tryin to make a livin in this bizz when there is know live bait..especially when fishing in such a place like The B sound where many situations artificial is not an option..some times its not just croaker soaking..more than often its a croaker free lined getting workked much like a hybrind or H&H...not tryin to cause arguments here but just tryin to make the point that just because you fish live dont mean ur less of a fisherman...

BTW The Biggest Trout Ive Ever Caught Was Caught On A Hybrid Flurry Tipped With Shrimp..haha wats that make me?

Hopedale, I am not knocking anyone trying to put food on the table. Only those trying to compete. It is tough times right now for guides to try and make it. You have to adapt to what the customer wants in order to make it. Hell, even some of the best down in Baffin who have only booked artificial only trophy trout trips for years are now allowing bait chasing smaller fish, offering sightseeing tours and even allowing customers to bring gps's aboard to mark hotspots. You have to adapt to the times. I am talking about tournaments and competitions.

"Don't bring a gun to a knife fight"

Angler Translation
"Don't soak a croaker in a trout tournament"

Had to change that one up a little bit

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 09:30 PM
At least you don't claim to be something you're not.....unlike others. :smokin: Bruce and I thought you were a guide.

not quite yet..i still got a lil bit to learn..goin to USCG School in winter to get the liscense hopefully..dont plan on opening an official bussiness till im 21 in a couple years..

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Hopedale, I am not knocking anyone trying to put food on the table. Only those trying to compete. It is tough times right now for guides to try and make it. You have to adapt to what the customer wants in order to make it. Hell, even some of the best down in Baffin who have only booked artificial only trophy trout trips for years are now allowing bait chasing smaller fish, offering sightseeing tours and even allowing customers to bring gps's aboard to mark hotspots. You have to adapt to the times. I am talking about tournaments and competitions.

"Don't bring a gun to a knife fight"

Angler Translation
"Don't soak a croaker in a trout tournament"

Had to change that one up a little bit

your right..no live bait when moneys involved...but it will never happen...u know why...cause no body is willing to piss off the damn joe shmos in the world who have millions and own thier own business and the only way there gonna be happy is by winnin the 5000 dollar tournament people like us fish to put food on the table and help out...i work with these types all the time..they chire us to do wat they cant figure out...and you know what aint nothin wrong with it..just dont fish tourneys if you dont know wat your doing..

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 10:13 PM
19? Damn...you a big ol' yungun! :grinpimp:

yaa..25% Samoan...75% Challmatian + alot of fried fish growing up = a good offensive lineman.

"W"
06-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Boy I see it now......150 comments by noon on this post....Everyone that used croaker this weekend will be hammering away.....(I hope CHINK dont read here)

huntin fool
06-21-2009, 10:15 PM
yaa..25% Samoan...75% Challmatian + alot of fried fish growing up = a good offensive lineman.

:eek: hate to mess with you....

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Boy I see it now......150 comments by noon on this post....Everyone that used croaker this weekend will be hammering away.....(I hope CHINK dont read here)

Nope W no hammering from me..just its just the truth..

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 10:19 PM
nope i mean Chalmette in St. bernard....lizard woulda been nice though...

"W"
06-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Nope W no hammering from me..just its just the truth..

I hear ya.....Not bashing i just think it should be BANNED in toun.

Also...I only fished LAKE P once and guys said there is NO way I could catch on plastic in JULY and AUG at Seabrook....

I disagree that plastic dont get job DONE!!! I know if trout are there I will catch them with Plastic!!! Live bait catches trout but not big ones and to many other things as well......

LaAngler
06-21-2009, 10:28 PM
I want to be like "CHINK"....Soak two Croaker at a time and get a story about it.......

what you wanna bet that guy is selling those fish commercially?

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 10:30 PM
wow i hate lake P with a passion..and they were wrong its the only way to catch them at seabrook that time of the year...i agree 100% should be banned in tourneys...all im saying is wen something aint working im not scared to do what i gotta do to catch my fish...every trip in the sound for me consits of A Top Dog..a catch 5...then live croakers for wen its slack then hybrids in the evining....man u should really come try this sound thing out..i fished big lake a few times..its way different than wat youd prolly think..

eman
06-21-2009, 10:31 PM
All the tourneys i fish are for charities. They have one aim.
To make $$$ for the cause. they could care less about wether you use live , dead , plastic or any other legal fishing method. Bottom line is cash.
Let's see CCA / STAR take the lead and ban live bait.
Not going to happen. again cash is the bottom line .

"W"
06-21-2009, 10:35 PM
I dont see the STAR or any CCA events banning live bait because of the members!! CCA is for all fisherman....good and bad...
But I would love to see other events like we had this pass weekend ban live bait.....They said no wading but croaker soaking was good......JUST NOT RIGHT...

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 10:35 PM
BEE ESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im with you on this one...deff BS...ive seen more 7-9 lb. trout caught in The sound on Live Croakers than people would think...also y people use live bait..not just cause they dont have a clue how to fish plastics..but cause of size...man its just really different over here..not so much i guess but in alot of ways it is..we are forced to fish plastics from oct.-april....then in may they get hottttt..and you need the live bait and the catch 5s and such...

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I dont see the STAR or any CCA events banning live bait because of the members!! CCA is for all fisherman....good and bad...
But I would love to see other events like we had this pass weekend ban live bait.....They said no wading but croaker soaking was good......JUST NOT RIGHT...

lets have a top dogg tourney..thatd be a cool one huh..no one can argue that..

LaAngler
06-21-2009, 10:38 PM
CCA is for all fisherman....good and bad...

sometimes i wonder about that....

"W"
06-21-2009, 10:41 PM
lets have a top dogg tourney..thatd be a cool one huh..no one can argue that..

That would be fun......I hope Next year we can have a Saltycajun meet..

"W"
06-21-2009, 10:41 PM
sometimes i wonder about that....

Dont go there Bruce.....My blood PSI is good right now

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 10:46 PM
You can whack 'em on them Bombers at times out there. Is the river water bad out there right now?

ya salty its a lil bit choclaty to the southwest i guess you can say...twoards black bay and such..yes bombers are great..i had one...lost it...cant find anymore...none around here any wheres..need some bad...i won mine at a cca banquet...now i cant find em..

huntin fool
06-21-2009, 10:51 PM
PM your name and mailin' addy. I think I might have some layin' around. Any fav color?

hopedale, make sure you change the hooks on em!!! sorry salty they already rusted on mine

huntin fool
06-21-2009, 10:57 PM
The fish keep the rust off. Wait a minute......y'all didn't catch no fish. :eek:

the ONLY fish i have caught on bombers are bass. maybe bombers should stay freshwater.

huntin fool
06-21-2009, 11:01 PM
when you come down to big lake, and you catch trout on bombers i will be convinced :)

Too Tall
06-22-2009, 12:15 AM
sometimes i wonder about that....Whats to wonder. They are for sale to the highest bidder.

Long Pole
06-22-2009, 10:16 AM
dont call me a poser either, i have caught more bass then any 13 yr old should catch. i have a 5 mounted that i caught when i was 7.
"

:*****::rotfl::*****::rotfl::*****:

Seriously, you mounted a 5 lb bass. :work:

I got a 3 yr old daughter who would put you to shame. :spineyes:

huntin fool
06-22-2009, 10:36 AM
:*****::rotfl::*****::rotfl::*****:

Seriously, you mounted a 5 lb bass. :work:

I got a 3 yr old daughter who would put you to shame. :spineyes:

does your three yr old daughter fish against grown men every week for cash? or does she sit in the boat with dadddy and weigh his fish?, thats IF daddy catches fish

What a surprise, your from texas.

"W"
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
How many soak Da Croakers this weekend???? Anybody going to admit it!!! I know big lake had 10,000 on the shipchannel

Hopedale Hustler
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
i was soakin 12 inch pogeys at thunderhorse and medusa..

SULPHITE
06-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Not gonna lie I caught bait on friday, got wasted:spineyes: fri night and let the most of the bait perish!! Threw some mullet on sat, but couldn't stand it went to plastics and caught my reds...everyone I saw were chunking shrimp, saw a couple of croaker or mullet throwers...I just needed to compose my self to recover so we jammed the radio and let'm soak...once reality came back we were chunkin plastics only and for the rest of the day.:cool:

Feesherman
06-22-2009, 02:32 PM
We threw topwater all day on Saturday. Kept gettin bit so no reason in stopping. My girlfriend had a huge fish on for a while, pulled more drag off the reel than any fish I ever caught and my biggest trout is 8 pounds. It ended up gettin off. Poor thing, she was dying to weigh a fish in a tourny.

Light Tackle John
06-22-2009, 02:59 PM
I absolutely agree. A 2cooler partener emailed me wanting to fish the tournament together and the first sentenced said "Are you freed up this Saturday to fish the Spectacular on Big Lake; the only problem is we can't wade and the allow live bait". Neither of us ended up fishing the tournament for other reasons but it didn't bother us as much because of the rules.

I don't care if fisherman want to throw live bait to catch thier fish. If the title "tournament" is being used, live bait should not be allowed unless it is for a charity and then there should be seperate divisions with the artifishual payout being higher!! Wading should be allowed even if they say you must be on the water by boat 1st, and may exit and enter the boat to wade as long as the boat is the primary means to travel and transport fish off the lake. Something like that would work for me.

Pescador
06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Sounds like jealousy to me...I'm no tourney fisherman, but if I were live bait would DEFINATLEY be on my agenda. I have nothing against fisherman who use plastics, I throw them on occasion. Why get mad about it? Catching your own bait and keeping it alive takes much more skill and patience than going to Academy and picking up a bag of plastics.

dbarham
06-22-2009, 05:24 PM
croker debate?:spineyes:

dbarham
06-22-2009, 05:27 PM

BTW The Biggest Trout Ive Ever Caught Was Caught On A Hybrid Flurry Tipped With Shrimp..haha wats that make me? a potlicker! J/K DUDE :*****::*****:WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE THROW

LaAngler
06-22-2009, 05:31 PM
do croaker wars ever get anywhere?

rosska
06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Hopefully this one will at least get two different divisions in tournaments!

Hopedale Hustler
06-22-2009, 05:51 PM
the only reason i care is cause some people seem to think people who do use live bait from time to time are less of fisherman..

eman
06-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Well aren't tourneys for all fishermen good and bad?

"W"
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Sounds like jealousy to me...I'm no tourney fisherman, but if I were live bait would DEFINATLEY be on my agenda. I have nothing against fisherman who use plastics, I throw them on occasion. Why get mad about it? Catching your own bait and keeping it alive takes much more skill and patience than going to Academy and picking up a bag of plastics.

I know you didn't go there!!!! :*****::*****::*****:

LaAngler
06-22-2009, 06:32 PM
any idiot can go out and bounce a sand eel.....:D

"W"
06-22-2009, 06:34 PM
:thefinger::rasberry:any idiot can go out and bounce a sand eel.....:D

Feesherman
06-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Catching your own bait and keeping it alive takes much more skill and patience than going to Academy and picking up a bag of plastics.

Wow what a skill. At least, since you don't have any fish catching skills, you can always make mullet/pogie gumbo out of the bait you skillfully caught when you don't catch fish.

Pescador
06-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Wow what a skill. At least, since you don't have any fish catching skills, you can always make mullet/pogie gumbo out of the bait you skillfully caught when you don't catch fish.

Haha...i don't have a care in my mind what anyone uses for bait to catch there fish. The two seperate tourney divisions sounds like a great idea! But believe me...I'm definatley not eating my bait; TROUT seem to LOVE it! Saturday Mornings catch....

SULPHITE
06-23-2009, 09:03 AM
I see a pretty decent sized trout in there...

Long Pole
06-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I see some 8" flounder too...

Feesherman
06-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I see some 8" flounder too...

I can't rag on that. I always keep a few small ones like that because my Mom loves to bake them in her toaster oven. She get's so excited when I bring her some little flounder like that.

cmdrost
06-23-2009, 11:09 AM
this goes down for the dumbest thread of the year! Who cares what people use to fish with.

Feesherman
06-23-2009, 11:59 AM
this goes down for the dumbest thread of the year! Who cares what people use to fish with.

I will say, I don't care what people use to fish with. It's the tournaments we are talking about. It's two totally different fishing methods. The trout masters tourny that came here a few years back did not allow live bait. I would like to see the Trout Shootout go the same way. Maybe start with two different divisions, live bait category and artificial category with more prize money going to artys. I would imagine more and more would start signing up for the artys due to more prize money and it could be phased out all together.

Disclaimer: This my opinion and my opinion only.

P.S. I don't think this thread is dumb.

"W"
06-23-2009, 01:19 PM

I don't care what anybody fishes with on there time!! I think when a tournament is hosted Live bait should not be allowed!!!
I hear this..."Well use live bait then"...NO...I would fell like im cheating my self if I fish live bait in a tournament....Its self respect I have!!! I'm on the water 175 days year and know how,where,what and when to fish!!! Then i pay $100 bucks to get bet by Joe Blow on his 3rd trip to the lake by soaking a croaker at the jetties!!!! There is no pride in that IM SORRY.....I have been fishing to long!!!

This my opinon and just how I see it!!!!

Austin(boatman's son)
06-23-2009, 01:28 PM
WE DONT ROLL LIVE BAIT.....NOT FOR MONEY....Their is NO SKILL in Soaking a Croaker on bottom.....Im No trophy trout king but I can say that I have never soaked a croaker or shrimp ........All my fish come off artifical

you can narrow your artificial down to 3 baits lol

meaux fishing
06-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I have never been in a tourney but was thinkin about tryin some this summer...after reading this they are not for me....the thought of live bait in a tourney never crossed my mind. I mean I have been known to croker soak every once in a while, especially in an area I don't know, but nothing is more satisfying than catching on artificial. I think of a tournament as a test of skill between a group of people and if you introduce live bait the only skill you need is being able to cast. So all these so called tournaments are really just large amounts of people betting against each other to see who can catch the biggest fish. Now if it is a fundraiser for a good cause such as the one Shad is trying to put together I'm in, but I think I will just stick to fishing for myself and leave these "tournaments" to you guys.

Raymond
06-23-2009, 02:10 PM
and fool would have prolly got 10th...

you all know that kids in the shootout 90% soaked live or dead bait. What did fool do????? he soaked plastics
9th place yout division firetiger cocahoe
5th place adult division sand eel

matt wahl
06-23-2009, 02:17 PM
I will say, I don't care what people use to fish with. It's the tournaments we are talking about. It's two totally different fishing methods. The trout masters tourny that came here a few years back did not allow live bait. I would like to see the Trout Shootout go the same way. Maybe start with two different divisions, live bait category and artificial category with more prize money going to artys. I would imagine more and more would start signing up for the artys due to more prize money and it could be phased out all together.

Disclaimer: This my opinion and my opinion only.

P.S. I don't think this thread is dumb.

Good solution , let the live bait people have their own bracket!

Feesherman
06-23-2009, 02:30 PM
9th place yout division firetiger cocahoe
5th place adult division sand eel

7th place adult division = skitter walk;)

"W"
06-23-2009, 06:32 PM
7th place adult division = skitter walk;)

26th place Sand Eel jr ....same boat Chris R 8th place Sand eel jr

Reel Bender
06-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Deja Vu!!
Let's see-----No Bait
Arties Only

What's Next?

Oh Yeah.............................................. ........................................
.................................................. ...............................................
.................................................. ...............................................

The Cajuns will be saying Just Keep 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Deja Vu!!
Let's see-----No Bait
Arties Only

What's Next?

Oh Yeah.............................................. ........................................

The Cajuns will be saying Just Keep 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

better than keeping 2 in texas :*****:

nsoileau
07-01-2009, 03:00 AM
Why cry about using live bait? Do you use artificial corn to attract deer? Probably not.