PDA

View Full Version : kayaking

yak'em-n-stack'em
06-21-2009, 04:46 PM
i know ive asked before, but im asking again, anyone on here do any kayaking on the Southeastern side of the state? i was thinking about going near port sulphur because its only around 2 hours from baton rouge. Anyone know of a closer place to get on some reds?

flounder_smacker
06-21-2009, 05:58 PM
never kayaked but did use one of my buddies flat stalkers once and almost walked home through the marsh instead of paddling back. i want to try kayaking though.

The Salty Hog
06-21-2009, 06:48 PM
i know ive asked before, but im asking again, anyone on here do any kayaking on the Southeastern side of the state? i was thinking about going near port sulphur because its only around 2 hours from baton rouge. Anyone know of a closer place to get on some reds?

I know allot of people go out of Point-Aux-Chene.(south of Houma) That's still probably around a two hour drive from BR though.

yak'em-n-stack'em
06-21-2009, 06:59 PM
yea, my best friend/roomate live in montegut, we went there last weekend in a carolina skiff, but near chauvin. Ill post pics later, we got cheated out of the winning 3 rodeo fish because the guys ruler was not accurate

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 07:00 PM
hell ya dude..Bayou Bienvenu in chalmette..wayyy closer to batonrouge and also great kyak fishing..nice reds..

The Salty Hog
06-21-2009, 07:23 PM
yea, my best friend/roomate live in montegut, we went there last weekend in a carolina skiff, but near chauvin. Ill post pics later, we got cheated out of the winning 3 rodeo fish because the guys ruler was not accurate

Dang, that sucks about the ruler, I fish that area pretty often, we've got a camp on Bayou Terrebone, I love it down there.

yak'em-n-stack'em
06-21-2009, 08:44 PM
yea we had 3 reds that were 26 and 15/16 on 3 rulers and 2 tape measures and he said they were 27 and a 1/16. My red was 8.3, the other two were 8.1. The 3 fish that won were 7.14, 7.14, and 7.05. But we werent the "locals" like the guy that won it. so

I lost a red that was easily a 10 pounder, he took the line off of my reel like a tuna haha, wish i could have got into him on my kayak and really gone for a ride.

Hey hopedale, can i get any other info from ya or am i on my own.

Also, whats the most spots yall ever seen on a red? we had one with 4 on each side

Hopedale Hustler
06-21-2009, 08:49 PM
pm mee and ask away..