PDA

View Full Version : Doa ?

matt wahl
06-09-2010, 02:27 AM
I've been using the doa natural color shrimp 1/4oz. I catch 3 fish and have to change over to a new doa because they rip the hooks through the body. I've tried marine glue but they still tear up the bait.

They are like 5$ something for 3. Any suggestions on how I could make them last longer?

bluewing
06-09-2010, 02:57 AM
I carry some 495 loctite which is basicly super-glue, and glue the s*&% out of the top. seems to go through a few more fish that way.

"W"
06-09-2010, 06:37 AM
I've been using the doa natural color shrimp 1/4oz. I catch 3 fish and have to change over to a new doa because they rip the hooks through the body. I've tried marine glue but they still tear up the bait.

They are like 5$ something for 3. Any suggestions on how I could make them last longer?

I watched Darren O smoke me one day on these....and the bodies last a long damn time ...He caught over 20trout on one.....You just change out the body not the hook...
http://shop.superiortackle.com/JENNYS-JIGS-LOUISIANA-GULF-SHRIMP-jjgulfshrimp.htm

Mediumheavyaction6'6
06-09-2010, 06:54 AM
those are for sale at Bowie Outfitters if anyone is interested.

huntin fool
06-09-2010, 09:06 AM
if your hook is sliding off the doa...rehook thru a new spot.....i can catch about 50-60 fish on one.......

QUACKHEAD
06-09-2010, 09:27 AM
You can take a small wire and a lighter. Heat the wire and insert it thru the ripped area and slide it out quickly while pinching the plastic. With a little practice you can repair many of the plastice lures in a few minutes. I use to throw away plastic worms a lot, a lot. Some baits and colors were hard to get so I started saving them. When I got home I would take them inside and use my soldering pen to repair them. As long as you get back all the parts you could repair them over and over. Try it, youll be amazed how much money you can save on a rainy day repairing plastic's.