PDA

View Full Version : First Time to the Bend, Advice??

dptrahan
06-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Well we leave for Toledo Bend Thursday morning since our Grand Isle trip got cancelled. First time heading up there to fish and, from what I have been reading and talking to people, it is a lot different than fishing Henderson and the Lafayette-area bodies of water.

Anyone have some advice on how/what to fish on the lake and what to look for/look out for?

We will be staying at Pendleton Marina in one of the camps so looking to fish that area. However, I have the fuel and motor to run where needed!!

Thanks in advance and tight lines to everyone else!!

DT

LaAngler
06-12-2010, 05:55 PM
i think our saltycajun toledo crew is up there right now fishing a tourny, i'm sure they will have some tips when they get back.

Woodduck Commander
06-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I fished the tourny today... Really slow and really hot... Caught two keepers in about 10 ft of water on a slow pulled white rattle trap... I you can I would suggest try to go to the dam and try to hit the schooling bass by the generators with topwater... Long drive though, consider early morning, late evening, or night fishing.

B-Stealth
06-12-2010, 08:44 PM
What Wooduck said

Stump fields near the dam should have schooling bass. Zara puppy for topwater action, then spoons and rattle traps for deeper fish. The mouth of Indian Creek always had schoolies in it.

(Disclaimer)
I'm by no means a Toleda expert, and I know nothing about the Pendleton area.

LPfishnTIM
06-12-2010, 10:06 PM
I fished there a couple months ago, during spawn I used a gold and black red eye shad and a blue and silver red eye shad, both produced nice fish in the evenings. in the early morning I would use the zara spooks, hula poppers top water baits and as it got hotter and harder to catch fish I would switch to plastics during the day. I haven't had any luck using a spinner bait lately! I planning on going back next month.

dptrahan
06-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I actually talked with my wife's grandfather who has a camp south of where we will be and he gave me (under penalty of death if I pass them on to anyone else) a few coordinates of brush piles he and a buddy have made. So if the bass bite is slow, hopefully I can pick up some sac-a-lait. :D

DT

jchief
06-13-2010, 02:07 PM
If the bite yesterday and Friday were any indication, plan on fishing sacalait. It was tough. We caught a 10 or so throw backs on wacky worm in 5 feet or so in/next to grass.

redfishmaster
10-19-2010, 11:03 PM
find the end of 1215 and fish in that area there is a sunken bridge there great fishin, o and watch for stumps when the water is high when its low u can usually see the stumps just watch for them theyll get u if u aint careful i've seen them tear up boats quick

eman
10-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Right now the water is VERY low due to a draw down.Around 10' below normal for this time of year. Even the boat lanes have stumps in them. If you are not familiar w/ running and area i would watch out where you go .

longcast
10-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Jedi lure trick needs to chime in. He fished there sat and hammered them. Pm him. He can help

Jedi Lure Tricks
10-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Jedi lure trick needs to chime in. He fished there sat and hammered them. Pm him. He can help
I WOULD, BUT THIS THREAD IS 4 MONTHS OLD!! :shaking: :*****: