PDA

View Full Version : Flounder stuffing ???

ACADEMYPROSTAFFER19
06-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Cooking one tomorrow and I want to try something different. Any opinions on flounder stuffing??? I am thinking something with crab meat. Let me know how you boys stuff dem flatties. Thanks

FF_T_Warren
06-16-2010, 10:04 AM
crabmeat stuffing out of the river road cookbook. Its awesome. just use that

"H"
06-16-2010, 10:06 AM
crabmeat stuffing out of the river road cookbook. Its awesome. just use that

X2

Ray
06-16-2010, 10:10 AM
The Roux: Stuffed Trout Fillet - SaltyCajun.com

swglenn
06-17-2010, 01:48 PM
My wife uses her crab cake recipe for flounder stuffing. The recipe makes 12 crab cakes. She vacuum freezes them and we use them as we need them.

1/2 cup minced green onions
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tbs. mince fresh tarragon
1 tbs. Old Bay Seafood seasoning
1 tbs. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 pound crabmeat
1/2 cup boiled shrimp, cooled and finely chopped
4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
2 large eggs, beaten to blend
Pepper to taste

Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray. Mix green onions and next 7 ingredients in large bowl and stir. Mix in crabmeat and chopped shrimp, then 1-1/2 cups breadcrumbs. Season with pepper. Stir in egg yolks. Place 2-1/2 cups of breadcrumbs in a large shallow bowl. Shape crab mixture into 2 inch diameter patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Coat each patty with breadcrumbs and place on baking sheets. Chill at least one hour. Freeze now and then place in vacuum bags and seal if you are saving to eat later.

To cook crabcakes: Preheat broiler and cook 1 sheet at a time 4-5 inches from broiler until golden and cooked through watching to prevent burning, about 4 minutes per side.

For flounder stuffing: Thaw out the frozen uncooked crab cakes. Fillet and skin flounder. Season fillets with salt and pepper. Place one fillet in a Corning baking dish, place crab stuffing on it, cover with another fillet. Repeat as needed to feed the crew. Bake at 450 degrees until done, about 15 minutes, watching to prevent burning. Serve with a chilled white wine, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris.

Ray
06-17-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't like crunchy onions, bell pepper and celery.
That's why I like onion powder and celery salt or celery seed in my stuffing.
I like a lot of meat in my stuffing. The more the better.