PDA

View Full Version : whites on the bend

billythekid
06-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Hello.. I just signed up to this forum.. been reading it for a while.. but thought I would go ahead and join..

i Live in dallas but, own a house/property on the bend.. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for whites/hybrids/stripers on the lake...

I fish for them here in texas no problem, but that lake is soo big its hard for me to locate them.. seems all I do is burn a bunch of gas. :hairout:

next trip down is the 4th.. just want some of the family kids to get on some whites..

i am about center of the lake just south of the bride.

ever in the area stop by!! always music plain LOUD and LIVE:rotfl:

any help would be great Thanks!

adamsfence
06-21-2010, 12:53 PM
we use to fish for them when i was a kid at the damn and at some or the points off the river channel......wish i could help you more but that was alot of beer and crown ago

billythekid
06-21-2010, 02:03 PM
its not a bad thing when crown is the problem...:smokin:

Wag
06-21-2010, 02:47 PM
i use to troll for them down by the dam area and along the river channel...the old cofer dam just before the dam was a good spot and trolling along the rip rap at the dam area was good....Middle of the lake part around the bridge I heard was a good spot also...you may want to try the Blue Lake area too.....I sure some of the locals can get you going in the right direction.

Ray
06-21-2010, 02:50 PM
I used to fish out of Ebarb with my ex-wife's grandfather. He lived on the river before it was a lake. We fished the old sand bars under the lake for white bass. Jigged big tube jigs on the bottom.
He knew the area pretty well. I never found crap without him.

billythekid
06-21-2010, 03:59 PM
well I hear ya.. i have been out there looking for schoolers and fished the humps and points.. nothing... sounds like its back to the drawing board.. :spineyes:

LaAngler
06-21-2010, 04:02 PM
i've heard you can put a canoe in below the damn and catch them on a flyrod

billythekid
06-21-2010, 07:21 PM
if I had a canoe I might...lol. are many stripers in the lake?

LPfishnTIM
06-21-2010, 10:04 PM
when I went I fished out of lanan and was catching a bunch casting out from the shore in the evenings using a rattle trap.

billythekid
06-22-2010, 08:42 PM
I herd boones crossing was a good spot for them. But I never found any there.. I will try the lanana area... any other info would be great.. keep it comin..

wrsimonjr
07-04-2010, 10:57 AM
i fish the lake for strippers it is aliitle slow and will be for the next couple of years. They just this year released a bunch in the lake. So what you do catch will be small. They are suppose to release so many a year.

billythekid
08-25-2010, 05:55 PM
any updates on the whites down on the bend.. Im heading there next week for labor day.

jldsc
08-25-2010, 08:14 PM
at the dam is the only place i know

billythekid
08-25-2010, 08:21 PM
have you been catching them down there...schooling???

CajunSaint
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM
I know 2 weeks ago Largemouth were schooling...

(north end around wrights landing)