PDA

View Full Version : Destin Bass Fishing

By-Catch
06-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Just got back from a trip to Destin Fl. Saltwater fishing charters were canceled and not running due to oil sightings. So we fished the ponds in Sandestin Resort where we were staying. 72 ponds to choose from and most well stocked with bass. Very easy fishing, just walk the banks from pond to pond. Wife caught her 2 biggest bass ever in one pond. Beaches were full and water was nice, only saw a few tar balls one morning but there are clean up crews walking the beaches all day with plastic bags and gloves picking them up. Saw about a dozen charter fishing boats that were hired to cruise just out from the beach and look for oil.

Micah
06-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Nice!!!!

72 ponds to choose from!!!!!! that sounds like heaven to me!!!!!

Somebody needs to feed those fish....they look like they are starving!!!!!!

yak'em-n-stack'em
06-28-2010, 07:47 AM
NICE FISH,

good bass fishing is hard to beat

longsidelandry
06-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Nice! I didn't know they had that over there. I may have to start going over there every year instead of Gulf Shores!!

goldenrod
06-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Hey looks like fun, what was your beer to bass ratio??

huntin fool
06-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Fish looking starving...Well they hungry...so means easier to catch right?!

Nice looks like fun

swamp snorkler
06-28-2010, 11:31 AM
We stayed there 2 years back, wish I would have know that was available, They need a few coonasses to weed the heard so the other bass can eat.

By-Catch
06-28-2010, 02:43 PM
We have been going there every year for about the past 20 years. This is the first time I have seen Bass this under weight in some of the ponds. The resort has always been catch and release only and don't know what type of management they do to control population. As long as your staying in the resort fishing is free and don't need a license since it is private ponds and under 20 acres each in size. This year I noticed a lot more big carp that they put in to control the grass. Some guy who goes there often said his kids have caught some up to 8 lbs on live perch that catch in the ponds then carolina rig. We caught most on junebug brushogs.