PDA

View Full Version : Bacon is all finished

FF_T_Warren
07-01-2010, 08:16 AM
heres the finished product. got 2 slabs of regular, 1 slab of black pepper, and one slab of honey and brown sugar.
comes out to right at 20 pounds plus a few pounds of scrap to grind up for bacon burgers

longsidelandry
07-01-2010, 08:16 AM
That looks awesome!

all star rod
07-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Looks even better wrapped around some duck breast on the pit.....

FF_T_Warren
07-01-2010, 08:23 AM
u bring the breast, i got the bacon

Jordan
07-01-2010, 08:48 AM

thats what SHE said :*****:

FF_T_Warren
07-01-2010, 08:57 AM
thats what SHE said :*****:

close but your thinking of, you bring the breast I'll bring the sausage. I could see how you would mistake it though :D

Jordan
07-01-2010, 08:58 AM
close but your thinking of, you bring the breast I'll bring the sausage. I could see how you would mistake it though :D

hahahahaha, nice job on the bacon man !!!

Raymond
07-01-2010, 09:20 AM

I'll bring you all the duck breast you can handle Warren for some of that Bacon.

CatDaddy
07-01-2010, 09:39 AM

OHHHHHHH SNAPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!:work:

Ray
07-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Warren, if you had breastses, I'd like you more...
You don't know how much I love bacon.
It's one of the worlds bests foods.

FF_T_Warren
07-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Warren, if you had breastses, I'd like you more...
You don't know how much I love bacon.
It's one of the worlds bests foods.

you said it. Theres no food that bacon can't make better.:D

goldenrod
07-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Back strap, jalapeno pepper, cream cheese,and bacon..... Awesome!!!

FF_T_Warren
07-01-2010, 09:47 AM

Bingo. I like mine without the cream cheese. I also heard another version that I am going to try that puts a little sliver of onion in the middle too

CajunSteelsetter
07-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Dang, that just made me realize how hungry I am at the moment.:eek:

longsidelandry
07-01-2010, 09:51 AM
YES!!! lol that is by far my most favorite thing to eat
Bingo. I like mine without the cream cheese. I also heard another version that I am going to try that puts a little sliver of onion in the middle too
Every now and then I'll make some with onion and bellpepper but no jalapeno, it gives a totally different taste. Very good stuff.

huntin fool
07-01-2010, 09:56 AM

Do marinated chicken aswell..
Or we do shrimp.

My neighbor used to use small peices of specks, and do the sliver of onion, talk about good.

FF_T_Warren
07-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Do marinated chicken aswell..
Or we do shrimp.

My neighbor used to use small peices of specks, and do the sliver of onion, talk about good.

yea, I did the chicken before as well. It was very good.

When we do shrimp we put 1/4 of an anchovy filet where the vein was, then wrap in bacon and grill. Talk about GOOOOD.
I know it sounds gross but you just gotta take my word on it. This is the only thing I eat anchovies on, so I'm not a regular anchovy eater that has a taste for them or nothing

swamp snorkler
07-01-2010, 05:09 PM
wrap that around some chicken livers.

tumbleweed
07-01-2010, 11:42 PM
How about some fresh tomatoes, crisp lettuce, white bread, mayo, and some of that fresh cooked bacon. I love some BLT's.

The bacon looks great. Where did you get the slabs to make the bacon? How long did you smoke it? I am assuming you smoked it. Just curious.

FF_T_Warren
07-02-2010, 09:15 AM
How about some fresh tomatoes, crisp lettuce, white bread, mayo, and some of that fresh cooked bacon. I love some BLT's.

The bacon looks great. Where did you get the slabs to make the bacon? How long did you smoke it? I am assuming you smoked it. Just curious.

I got it from Hi nabor on Jones creek. Yes, I did it all myself. It cured for 10 days. Then I smoked it around 80-90 for 6 hours and then about 120-125 for 2 hours.

If you interested in doing some let me know. I can do it. I'm actually thinking of possibly starting a small side business smoking meats to help me through school. I was thinking of doing hams, tasso, bacon, sausage, and maybe selling fresh cuts since I could have better profit margin by butchering my own pigs versus buying the meat and smoking it. Once I assess the need, I may try to set something up with a supplier or something like that.