PDA

View Full Version : This ones for salty

matt wahl
06-27-2009, 02:41 AM
I decided to try a bomber yesterday evening......They do work. I grabbed a couple out of the cheepy box at walmart. Didnt limit but caught 12 nice ones. No 12 inchers all 16 and over. Line broke off after boating the last one.

Thanks for pushin them salty . gonna use em more!
http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=49&pictureid=362

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=49&pictureid=361

matt wahl
06-27-2009, 02:59 AM
Sorry I lied there were 2 12 inchers.

Salty
06-27-2009, 09:24 AM
CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody always told me that if the bait ain't in the fish's mouth...it don't count.

Matt, if you'll take that cork off.....you might catch bigger fish. :D

NICE JOB!

Reel Bender
06-27-2009, 09:29 AM
CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody always told me that if the bait ain't in the fish's mouth...it don't count.

NICE JOB!

Maybe that's my problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Salty
06-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Maybe that's my problem!!!!!!!!!!!

:*****::*****::*****:

matt wahl
06-27-2009, 12:09 PM

NICE JOB!

:*****::*****: That was another pole..lol. Thanks tho.

Salty
06-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Matt, check out www.lurenet.com (http://www.lurenet.com). Get you a silver prism/black back and a chartreuse flash in the jointed model. Big Lake trout love 'em.

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Matt, check out www.lurenet.com (http://www.lurenet.com). Get you a silver prism/black back and a chartreuse flash in the jointed model. Big Lake trout love 'em.
:shaking::shaking:

dbarham
06-27-2009, 05:35 PM
thats a wal mart lure isnt it? immitation i got some of them bottom shelf!

Salty
06-27-2009, 05:42 PM
thats a wal mart lure isnt it? immitation i got some of them bottom shelf!

:*****::*****: d, that ain't no "immitation". You can't get the good fish-ketchin' colors at WallyWorld. www.lurenet.com (http://www.lurenet.com)

speckdaddy
06-27-2009, 06:10 PM
aint seen that color before salty even on the lurenet.com where ya get em?

dbarham
06-27-2009, 06:15 PM
:*****::*****: d, that ain't no "immitation". You can't get the good fish-ketchin' colors at WallyWorld. www.lurenet.com (http://www.lurenet.com) naw Im not being sarchastic they got those at wal mart here on the bottom along with topwaters .I got one like it if i can find it i will post pics.. I guess its a bomber i didnt know who made em!

Salty
06-27-2009, 08:59 PM
naw Im not being sarchastic they got those at wal mart here on the bottom along with topwaters .I got one like it if i can find it i will post pics.. I guess its a bomber i didnt know who made em!

Yeah, Walmart and Academy carry them but not the good colors. I asked the sporting goods manager at our Walmart if he'd order the silver prism/black back. He ordered 2 dozen and they were gone in a day or two so he ordered again. He sold close to 100 of that color in a month. Course, there was a 9+ lb trout mount hanging above the counter with the same bait danglin' from it's mouth.

Austin(boatman's son)
06-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah, Walmart and Academy carry them but not the good colors. I asked the sporting goods manager at our Walmart if he'd order the silver prism/black back. He ordered 2 dozen and they were gone in a day or two so he ordered again. He sold close to 100 of that color in a month. Course, there was a 9+ lb trout mount hanging above the counter with the same bait danglin' from it's mouth.

When you look closly the bombers and the sand eels are similar. So i say both are good for big lake

Salty
06-27-2009, 09:47 PM
When you look closly the bombers and the sand eels are similar. So i say both are good for big lake

How so?

I never said the eels aren't good on Big Lake. They must be....they seem to be the most popular soft plastic over there.

matt wahl
06-27-2009, 10:01 PM
well im gonna get some more of them bombers. I need practice with them though. 6 or 7 of the fish i caught were hooked on the side of the face! I never really fished with hard baits that much. I missed a whole bunch of em..... am I setting to fast or what?

Salty
06-27-2009, 10:06 PM
If I fished Big Lake on a regular basis.....these are the baits that would be with me. Not necessarily these color patterns, although, the Chartreuse Prism Bomber is one of my favs. For the winter, I'd have to get some Corkys since they seem deadly for big trout.

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 10:11 PM
spooks, catches,corkies, sand eels, bombers basically all you need...

salty more and more im looking at these bombers, im sure they have a potential to be deadly on biglake

Salty
06-27-2009, 10:21 PM
well im gonna get some more of them bombers. I need practice with them though. 6 or 7 of the fish i caught were hooked on the side of the face! I never really fished with hard baits that much. I missed a whole bunch of em..... am I setting to fast or what?

Matt, it is not unusual to "foul-hook" trout on a Bomber. They don't get a solid shot at the bait like they do a soft plastic or suspending type bait because of the forward speed and wiggle. I use Gamakatsu EWG barbless trebles and I probably hook 75% of 'em outside the mouth. You cannot jerk too hard. You have 6 hooks (I remove the center treble) so you want to take advantage of that by stickin' as many in that fish as possible. Also, if you're gonna fish these baits, you gotta quit grabbin' 'em like in your pics. Either use a Boga or a pair of those aluminum grabbers from Academy along with needle nosed pliers. Those hooks can ruin a trip. A rubber net also eliminates alot of problems with the hooks. It'll take a while to get the hang of it but, when you do, there ain't nothin' like it.

LaAngler
06-27-2009, 10:30 PM
If I fished Big Lake on a regular basis.....these are the baits that would be with me. Not necessarily these color patterns, although, the Chartreuse Prism Bomber is one of my favs. For the winter, I'd have to get some Corkys since they seem deadly for big trout.

is this color on the website, i like the chart/silver flash but the prism is nice when it's sunny. i need two of these.....

anyone here fish red fins?

salty more and more im looking at these bombers, im sure they have a potential to be deadly on biglake

+ sparkle beetles/salty grubs, gold spoon, & gulp

Salty
06-27-2009, 10:31 PM

po-ten-tial adj. Possible, but not yet actual; :shaking:

C'mon, lil buddy...you can do better than that. :)

Salty
06-27-2009, 10:33 PM
is this color on the website, i like the chart/silver flash but the prism is nice when it's sunny. i need two of these.....

+ sparkle beetles, gold spoon, & gulp

I'm talkin' big fish baits, now.

Salty
06-27-2009, 10:45 PM

No sir. They'll be out at the end of summer.

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 10:47 PM
No sir. They'll be out at the end of summer.

hook a brutha up please :)

Salty
06-27-2009, 10:51 PM
hook a brutha up please :)

Fool, I only got 2 of 'em. They're prototypes. I haven't even had a chance to use 'em yet.

I'll trade ya one for a dozen Corkys.

Austin(boatman's son)
06-27-2009, 10:52 PM
I know they are both good, yea where do you get the bombers for cheeper than usuall? Any good deals?? If so im interested in some

Austin(boatman's son)
06-27-2009, 10:53 PM
oh and the sand eels and bombers have that pot belly look. The sand eel does have a longer tail but the bomber still has some similarities

LaAngler
06-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Fool, I only got 2 of 'em. They're prototypes. I haven't even had a chance to use 'em yet.

did you have them make that color?

tell them to use the saltwater hardware from the salty A but keep the bait the same weight as the 15A

for the salt a i think they used thicker plastic on the body and put bigger pellets in it, no good..

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 10:54 PM
I know they are both good, yea where do you get the bombers for cheeper than usuall? Any good deals?? If so im interested in some

internet sites...

Austin(boatman's son)
06-27-2009, 10:54 PM
duh fool. MOre info buddy haha jk

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 10:55 PM
oh and the sand eels and bombers have that pot belly look. The sand eel does have a longer tail but the bomber still has some similarities

how can you compare a sand eel to a bomber?

LaAngler
06-27-2009, 10:57 PM
you gotta quit grabbin' 'em like in your pics

try reeling in a green 4 pounder while your wading and it makes a hard "get a way" run right between your legs :eek:

them 9 hooks are scary!!!!!

for bigger ones a boga and pliers works good, when i throw it under birds i just grab the body of the lure and rip it off the trout cuz i'm in a rush! :spineyes:

Austin(boatman's son)
06-27-2009, 10:58 PM
they dont swim the same no. But they just have that look, idk. I guess since it doesnt have a flip tail. IDK its late, i may just be seeing things lol. idk i just think they look similar

Salty
06-27-2009, 11:01 PM
did you have them make that color?

tell them to use the saltwater hardware from the salty A but keep the bait the same weight as the 15A

for the salt a i think they used thicker plastic on the body and put bigger pellets in it, no good..

Ugh, I don't tell them what to make. :shaking:

I told you them Salt A's were no good. Naturally, they're made with stronger materials than the freshwater model. Let's not forget that the "B15A" and "B15J" Series Bombers are bass baits. I told ya what to do to them hooks.

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Ugh, I don't tell them what to make. :shaking:

I told you them Salt A's were no good. Naturally, they're made with stronger materials than the freshwater model. Let's not forget that the "B15A" and "B15J" Series Bombers are bass baits. I told ya what to do to them hooks.

now i dont feel bad for havin the broke back tied on my rod right now... :grinpimp:

Austin(boatman's son)
06-27-2009, 11:04 PM
now i dont feel bad for havin the broke back tied on my rod right now... :grinpimp:

haha

Salty
06-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Austin,

www.lurenet.com (http://www.lurenet.com)

B15A and B15J (jointed) is what ya want.

They also make the Wood****** Spooks

Austin(boatman's son)
06-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Austin,

www.lurenet.com (http://www.lurenet.com)

B15A and B15J (jointed) is what ya want.

They also make the Wood****** Spooks

thanks salty

Salty
06-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Bruce, you interested in makin' a deal? A Prism Chartreuse for some Corkys? :eek:

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Bruce, you interested in makin' a deal? A Prism Chartreuse for some Corkys? :eek:

i give ya some corkies....err...what color you want?

i can get you all the immitation corkies you want

Salty
06-27-2009, 11:17 PM
i give ya some corkies....err...what color you want?

i can get you all the immitation corkies you want

Ugh, are those "imitation" Bombers I gave you...ya lil shyster?

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Ugh, are those "imitation" Bombers I gave you...ya lil shyster?

i dont live in texas i cant get the real ones...those are hard to come by shyster (whatever that means)

i can go get you th immatation ones (proven big trout catchers)

2 corkies per bombers (broke-back)

Salty
06-27-2009, 11:21 PM
i dont live in texas i cant get the real ones...those are hard to come by shyster (whatever that means)

i can go get you th immatation ones (proven big trout catchers)

2 corkies per bombers (broke-back)

A shyster is a person that tries to "hoot" another person.

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 11:23 PM
A shyster is a person that tries to "hoot" another person.

i was giving you a 2 for 1 deal!

Salty
06-27-2009, 11:26 PM
12 real Corkys for the Prism Chartreuse. You'll be the first one to have it. :eek:

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 11:29 PM
12 real Corkys for the Prism Chartreuse. You'll be the first one to have it. :eek:

i only got 3 corkies...

Salty
06-27-2009, 11:36 PM
I'll send ya some more Bombers...quit panickin'. Not the Prism Chartreuse, tho.

huntin fool
06-27-2009, 11:37 PM
I'll send ya some more Bombers...quit panickin'. Not the Prism Chartreuse, tho.

you aint gotta send anymore bombers. i dont speck fish near enough to use them, give em to bruce ;)

eman
06-27-2009, 11:42 PM
mirrolure makes a jerk bait that is mighty close to the bomber. i have them in chartruse back prism sides white bellie and chartruse back prism sides chartruse bellie.

Salty
06-27-2009, 11:52 PM
mirrolure makes a jerk bait that is mighty close to the bomber. i have them in chartruse back prism sides white bellie and chartruse back prism sides chartruse bellie.

Bob, is it a suspender? You tried them Mirrodines?

eman
06-28-2009, 11:18 AM
I fish the mirrodines when the trout are on pogies. They are a slow sinker. THEY WORK!
I recieved a dozen of the mirrolure jerk baits and have not tried them yet.
i'll try to get a couple boxed up and get the out in the mail to ya so that you can do a comparrison test .
Got two colors. Char. back, siver prism, char. bellie and char. back, silver prism, white bellie.

matt wahl
06-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Matt, it is not unusual to "foul-hook" trout on a Bomber. They don't get a solid shot at the bait like they do a soft plastic or suspending type bait because of the forward speed and wiggle. I use Gamakatsu EWG barbless trebles and I probably hook 75% of 'em outside the mouth. You cannot jerk too hard. You have 6 hooks (I remove the center treble) so you want to take advantage of that by stickin' as many in that fish as possible. Also, if you're gonna fish these baits, you gotta quit grabbin' 'em like in your pics. Either use a Boga or a pair of those aluminum grabbers from Academy along with needle nosed pliers. Those hooks can ruin a trip. A rubber net also eliminates alot of problems with the hooks. It'll take a while to get the hang of it but, when you do, there ain't nothin' like it.

Thanks or the info and advice.....When you say "You cannot jerk too hard" do you mean that I shouldnt jerk too hard or that Its ok to jerk hard?

yeah I can see how one could get hooked real easy...thanks again.

Salty
06-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks or the info and advice.....When you say "You cannot jerk too hard" do you mean that I shouldnt jerk too hard or that Its ok to jerk hard?

yeah I can see how one could get hooked real easy...thanks again.

Cross them eyes.

matt wahl
06-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Cross them eyes.

Cool thnx.....

Dang I love this website. Yall ought to make stickers for truck windows. And not calvin peeing on LSM..:D

speckdaddy
06-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Them mirrodines work.i like the pearl with a red head. Looks just like a fat pogie. When them gals are in the ship channel on the drop off ,early mornin before it gets too hot, they will rip ya rod outta ya hands .thats why i wanna know if i can get them bombers ta run a lil shallower. Thanks salty