PDA

View Full Version : Need your help catdaddy

longcast
07-06-2010, 09:28 PM
I know very little about fresh water fishing and even less about fishing for catfish.a friend that lives in lake Charles asked me about where to go catch catfish.I have no clue so I told him I would ask Saltycajun.thanks

longcast
07-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Bump

SULPHITE
07-07-2010, 09:18 AM
I know you can catch some cats on the calc. river...I've never fished strictly for cats tho...

Raymond
07-07-2010, 09:30 AM
I know very little about fresh water fishing and even less about fishing for catfish.a friend that lives in lake Charles asked me about where to go catch catfish.I have no clue so I told him I would ask Saltycajun.thanks

Sunrise Catfish north of Longville, always catch my limit when I go there;)

Jordan
07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Sunrise Catfish north of Longville, always catch my limit when I go there;)

not too bad.... clean your own catfish... they charge extra to clean and package them for you...

CatDaddy
07-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Im sorry.... I been away from a computer for a while!!!

Try in the intracoastal south of lake arther...

Are you farmiliar with that aera?

I can send you a mao with some of my spots!

longcast
07-28-2010, 11:54 AM
If it's ok with u email it to me

brassieur123@aol.com
thanks

Gerald
07-28-2010, 11:57 AM
I have heard that down Hwy 27 by the Gibbstown bridge [on ICWW] is good area.

Did you see the story in the Lake Charles paper a week ago about the big catfish? It was caught in the ICWW over near the Mermentau river.

CatDaddy
07-28-2010, 02:23 PM
I have heard that down Hwy 27 by the Gibbstown bridge [on ICWW] is good area.

Did you see the story in the Lake Charles paper a week ago about the big catfish? It was caught in the ICWW over near the Mermentau river.

Wich one?

I know some dude caught a record breaker in the Misouri river...

B-Stealth
07-28-2010, 07:58 PM
He's taking about the 2 guys who caught a 72# on a 16 oz gatorade jug. It took em 2 1/2 hours to land the beast. :eek:

Gerald
07-28-2010, 08:58 PM
He's taking about the 2 guys who caught a 72# on a 16 oz gatorade jug. It took em 2 1/2 hours to land the beast. :eek:

That is the story. What took so long, was the cat kept the jug under water most of the time and they had to wait until they could catch the jug. Then they were afraid it could be a gator or big turtle.....and the line under the jug was only 30 inches long.

CatDaddy
07-29-2010, 07:59 AM
That is the story. What took so long, was the cat kept the jug under water most of the time and they had to wait until they could catch the jug. Then they were afraid it could be a gator or big turtle.....and the line under the jug was only 30 inches long.

Thats why I use clorox jugs. I have seen catfish pull gallon sized clorox jugs under the water for about 10 seconds a few times. Ive also seen some bull reds do the same, except a bull red will go NUTS when hooked by a jug.