PDA

View Full Version : Reel Cleaning

BIGJ
06-28-2009, 12:16 PM
What do you guys use and how often do you clean your reels after a long day of fishing in the salt water?:confused:

Another thing, I have always used Quantum and Diawa reels, bought me a Shimano last week and all I can say is I have been missing out on a good thing.:D

LaAngler
06-28-2009, 12:25 PM
http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648&highlight=shimano+reel+care

Salty
06-28-2009, 02:20 PM
What do you guys use and how often do you clean your reels after a long day of fishing in the salt water?:confused:

Another thing, I have always used Quantum and Diawa reels, bought me a Shimano last week and all I can say is I have been missing out on a good thing.:D

I don't clean 'em...just send 'em back. :)

speckdaddy
06-28-2009, 03:31 PM
I TELL what, i am very funny about my reels and their upkeep. after evry and i mean every trip, i take reels off of rods, wipe down rods with glass cleaner, then i take reels apart(all curados) i wash them with water and flush em good .then i let em drip dry a lil.ive made a wooden box with a bar that removes the moisture from the air. i put em in there and let the bar do its thing. mornin or next day i remove em and i strictly use the hot sauce brand of oil and grease. evry three months i completely dismantle reels for a more thorough cleanin.i run all ceramic bearings in mine.i have three of the old green curados and they are like brand new by keepin emup. i just got a new model from w in the mail.its soooo sweet!!!!