PDA

View Full Version : Kurtasea on The Water

Raymond
06-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Gotta vent! Launched at the Pt this morning and intentionally waited until most everyone had left since I was by myself. Park the truck and walk back to find my 18 tunnel coming out of the air due to some DUMBAZZ that threw a Sunami sized wake. The only thing I could do is watch as my trolling motor got fried under the deck. End result; broken skeg and prop but still managed to boat 4 trout drifting long point. Don't tell me I should have chased them down, pusher is a 40 merc.

Iam Done:pissed:

adamsfence
06-28-2009, 12:41 PM
sorry you had bad time. somepeople just ruin it for everyone

"W"
06-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Gotta vent! Launched at the Pt this morning and intentionally waited until most everyone had left since I was by myself. Park the truck and walk back to find my 18 tunnel coming out of the air due to some DUMBAZZ that threw a Sunami sized wake. The only thing I could do is watch as my trolling motor got fried under the deck. End result; broken skeg and prop but still managed to boat 4 trout drifting long point. Don't tell me I should have chased them down, pusher is a 40 merc.

That boat is responsible for his wake…..I would report it and file a report!!! If caught he will have to repair your boat

huntin fool
06-28-2009, 01:24 PM
That boat is responsible for his wake…..I would report it and file a report!!! If caught he will have to repair your boat

exactly right.

Deadly D
06-28-2009, 02:54 PM

Did you get his numbers. For one that is a no wake zone area but most people dont understand navagation signs and second he or she is responsible for wakes. Sorry to hear this but we have got plenty of them butts out there.

speckdaddy
06-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Yah find out who or what the boatr numbers were and he is responsible... What an ***

"W"
06-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Coast Guard busted a cigar boat on the day of shootout right there for that same thing!!!! UNCALLED FAR

Deadly D
06-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Coast Guard busted a cigar boat on the day of shootout right there for that same thing!!!! UNCALLED FAR
Kinda stupid anyway coast gaurd station 200 yrds away

Raymond
06-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Boat was gone by the time I got to the dock with my $2.00 bag of ice only thing he left was 3' rollers!!! What kills me is the fact that there were plenty of people on the dock and no one said shi% to the guy.

"W"
06-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Boat was gone by the time I got to the dock with my $2.00 bag of ice only thing he left was 3' rollers!!! What kills me is the fact that there were plenty of people on the dock and no one said shi% to the guy.

Did you give him this :thefinger:!!! I would of.....

LittleRob
06-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Atleast the kids weren't in the boat, were are the water cops when you need em.

Finfeatherfur
06-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Kinda stupid anyway coast gaurd station 200 yrds away

Where is the Coast Guard Station @ Cal. Point 200 yds away? There is a MSRC vessel and dock there, but I am not aware of USCG. I thought their office was in Port of LC off of Lakeshore, but it has been long time since I had to go there.:(

Raymond
06-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Anyone know a way to fix this skeg??

all star rod
06-29-2009, 09:49 AM
That sucks. I think you will have to replace it I do not think it can be repaired. Also looks like your prop is damaged. No sure how much $ it will cost but I am sure at least a few hundred.

callmaker
06-29-2009, 09:51 AM
I have to say i agree with w

Deadly D
06-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Anyone know a way to fix this skeg??

talk to Damon at DHP marine on common st or gulf hwy. I dont know which it is but he is across from southside welding. He might mbe able to fix you up.Oh Lake Charles Tackle works on them also