PDA

View Full Version : ducks

yak'em-n-stack'em
06-28-2009, 01:50 PM
roomate and i are hungry for some ducks so i have some marinating in the icebox. 2 teal and a scaup. Wondering some recomendations on cooking them, i was thinking a sauce piquant, i have some taso out and some smoked sausage ready to go also have some backstrap i could pull out the freezer.

Anyone got some good ideas?

Jordan
06-28-2009, 02:02 PM
I smell the grill lighting up already with come bacon !!!! I'm bring the budlight !!!

Hopedale Hustler
06-28-2009, 02:07 PM
ya dude were yall att...il bring some snapper fillets and tuna steaks...haha yall eatin good tonight in baton rouge

yak'em-n-stack'em
06-28-2009, 02:16 PM
if anyone wants to come i got 20-30 more ducks in the freezer hit me up if your in baton rouge

Id love some snapper and some budlight haha

biglaketiger
06-28-2009, 02:37 PM
roomate and i are hungry for some ducks so i have some marinating in the icebox. 2 teal and a scaup. Wondering some recomendations on cooking them, i was thinking a sauce piquant, i have some taso out and some smoked sausage ready to go also have some backstrap i could pull out the freezer.

Anyone got some good ideas?

Pot Roast them....cutt slits in the breast along the breast bone and stuff with garlic, season well with you likings, brown in hot grease till nice and golden brown, add some onions, bell peppers, brown them , add a little water put lid on and stick in oven at around 350 degrees for about a hour and half, serve over rice. Good stuff..good luck

yak'em-n-stack'em
06-28-2009, 02:38 PM
hmmm may try that. sounds really good

Deadly D
06-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Pot Roast them....cutt slits in the breast along the breast bone and stuff with garlic, season well with you likings, brown in hot grease till nice and golden brown, add some onions, bell peppers, brown them , add a little water put lid on and stick in oven at around 350 degrees for about a hour and half, serve over rice. Good stuff..good luck
dont forget some potatoes and carrots yum yum

biglaketiger
06-28-2009, 02:47 PM
dont forget some potatoes and carrots yum yum

Yep, forgot them potatoes and carrots...put some potatoes in the cavities too and you can put apples, it will take some of the game taste out if you don't want it to strong, but teal usually isn't very gamey. you can also wrap them breast in some fat bacon strips....

yak'em-n-stack'em
06-28-2009, 02:57 PM
man, im getting hungry just thinking about starting to cook.

Wed. night i may cook some rabbit that i killed woodduck hunting the calc river last year

Hebert
06-28-2009, 07:24 PM
pot roast is the way to go...can't beat some duck rice and gravy!

adamsfence
06-28-2009, 07:26 PM
man, im getting hungry just thinking about starting to cook.

Wed. night i may cook some rabbit that i killed woodduck hunting the calc river last year

what part of the calcasieu was you hunting

yak'em-n-stack'em
06-28-2009, 09:46 PM
man, that was some of the best duck ive ever cooked, the apples were a good call.

When i go home from college i alway hunt the kinder area from the pump at kinder down to the 190 bridge its about a 3 hour float with a few stops

killed a lot this year for some reason, i think there was less pressure, saw more duck there than i did at my lease down in little chenere i would say

adamsfence
06-29-2009, 05:02 PM
man, that was some of the best duck ive ever cooked, the apples were a good call.

When i go home from college i alway hunt the kinder area from the pump at kinder down to the 190 bridge its about a 3 hour float with a few stops

killed a lot this year for some reason, i think there was less pressure, saw more duck there than i did at my lease down in little chenere i would say

I have a camp just north of kinder on whiskey ****to about a mile before it dumps in to the calcasieu. also bun****s dumps in right above me I see ducks all the time but i live in oakdale and we just hunt up here for woodies. My step dad seen alot of pintails there this year.

eman
06-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Have not hunted in years .But i can still cook!
Cut duck breast into strips ,( 1/2 to 3/4 wide)
season well and place in fridge for at least 2 hrs (overnight better)
cut stalks of green onion to same length as duck strips.
take a duck strip place 2 strips green onion next to it .
Wrap this in a slice of bacon. secure w/ toothpick.
sprinkle a litlle olive oil on each piece and bake in a 325 oven till done or dredge in seasoned flour then egg wash and back in flour and fry.
serve w/ sweet an sour sauce,

adamsfence
06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Have not hunted in years .But i can still cook!
Cut duck breast into strips ,( 1/2 to 3/4 wide)
season well and place in fridge for at least 2 hrs (overnight better)
cut stalks of green onion to same length as duck strips.
take a duck strip place 2 strips green onion next to it .
Wrap this in a slice of bacon. secure w/ toothpick.
sprinkle a litlle olive oil on each piece and bake in a 325 oven till done or dredge in seasoned flour then egg wash and back in flour and fry.
serve w/ sweet an sour sauce,

we do this exact thing except we put cream cheese in them excellent