PDA

View Full Version : Gun Bluing

SULPHITE
07-19-2010, 03:50 PM
I have an older remington 1187 that I would like to get re-blued...called Hunter Supply and checked on getting it blued. He said that the people that did it for him have gone under as well others that did gun blueing...that being said does anyone know of someone esle in the Lake Chuck area or Sulphur area that is definately blueing guns?????

longsidelandry
07-19-2010, 04:07 PM
I have an exact gun I would like to get redone

wtretrievers
07-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Instead of rebluing I'd have it parkerized. Much better than blue.

Raymond
07-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Blueing is yesterdays technology, many of the new methods will eliminate the rust altogether. I had my SBE Molycoated in 2005 and don't have to wipe it down anymore and those things are rust buckets out of the box.
Google molycoat and you should be able to find someone in Louisiana that does it, or I can drop it off at Custom Gun in Lafayette next trip over.

Since it is a Remington, I would bead blast it and paint it myself. Not very
hard and just as good as spending $200.00 on a professional job. Bet B-Stealth would do it for a 12 pack.:*****:

SULPHITE
07-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I have an exact gun I would like to get redone

It was my first shotgun and I've put it through 18 kinds of hell and its held up like a tank...I would like to give it to my son and also act as a backup gun...

Instead of rebluing I'd have it parkerized. Much better than blue.

gonna have to check this out...

Raymond
07-19-2010, 04:38 PM
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=24784/Product/LIQUID_TEFLON_MOLY_GUN_FINISH

B-Stealth
07-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I'll wrap that boat paddle with camo duct tape from Wal-Mart:smokin:

I just let my browning rust a little, its camo.

all star rod
07-22-2010, 09:15 AM
I would love to get my Benelli SBE2 cammo painted. Does anyone know someone in the BR or LAF area that does this.

wtretrievers
07-22-2010, 09:32 AM
ASR......Check out the Styx River stencils http://www.styx-river.com/

I've done guns, Japanese mini trucks, box stands & boats with the same stencil.

Heres a couple of our turkey guns that I did.

longsidelandry
07-22-2010, 09:37 AM
It was my first shotgun and I've put it through 18 kinds of hell and its held up like a tank...I would like to give it to my son and also act as a backup gun...
Same here, it's actually my dad's though. It was the first gun I ever shot and I would like to be able to pass it down. My dad dropped it in a pond when they flipped the boat while putting out decoys in their duck pond many many years ago. It ended up staying under the water for a few weeks before he was able to find it so needless to say it rusts pretty easy. Every year I clean it real good and put it back on the rack, I just use it if I really have to.

all star rod
07-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Those 2 guns look great. I will check into it when I get back to BR..........thanks for the info.

wtretrievers
07-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Those 2 guns look great. I will check into it when I get back to BR..........thanks for the info.
theres a couple techniques I learned using these stencils, If you get them give me a shout & I'll share a secret or 2

FF_T_Warren
07-22-2010, 10:28 AM
http://www.black-t.com/

check it out and read up on it. prices aren't bad either. very durable and reliable.

specktator
07-22-2010, 12:22 PM
I would love to get my Benelli SBE2 cammo painted. Does anyone know someone in the BR or LAF area that does this.

http://www.camodesigns.com/home.htm

Gerald
07-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Jeff.....you better tie some orange flagging on that gun, because if you set it down it will be hard to find.

Good job.

wtretrievers
07-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Jeff.....you better tie some orange flagging on that gun, because if you set it down it will be hard to find.

Good job.
HAHA!!!! You make fun! I've already done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redface:

LaAngler
07-22-2010, 06:45 PM
the duracoat really feels like krylon in your hands. They make some ceramic coatings but they have to be heat treated.

You can use duracoat as a base and then get an airbrush and some kustom color/autoair paint.

Blueing is yesterdays technology

blasphemy!