PDA

View Full Version : Toledo Bend Night 7/24-25

Jedi Lure Tricks
07-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Just fished a Toledo guest night tourney with the Sportsman's bass club last saturday/sunday. The night started out slowly, with no fish before dark. at about 9pm they turned on. my 1st fish was a 4.10lber. 30 mins later, a 2.6 came to the boat for me. a couple hrs later, i hooked one that pulled my rod down to the water on a surge.. it hung on a stump and we couldnt get to it before it got off.:pissed: well i was awake and pissed off, now at about 2am.. the next fish hit and did the same thing.. this time i gave her slack and we got to the stump before she came unbuttoned.. got her up and she weighed 6lbs. i caught 2 more fish in the next hour and didnt get another bite from 4am till weigh-in at 8am. i finished 2nd or 3rd individual with 17 3/4lbs. and 3rd team with help from one of my partner's fish with 18 1/2lbs.
water temps started at 91* and dropped thru the night to 87*. we fished main lake ridges in 10-25' on the texas side, near the old river channel. the ridges had very sparse grass, but when u hit grass, u got bit.
i used an undisclosed brand of creature bait on a 1/4oz. texas rig. 20lb seaguar invis-x fluorocarbon spooled on a curado 200e7 strapped to a G-loomis imx series 6'6"mh rod.
if ya want the full details, stop by the tackle box in sulphur and just ask me.. i'll spill my guts a bit more :*****:

i got pics on my phone.. gotta get a data cable from best buy in the next coupla days.

longsidelandry
07-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Awesome report, congrats on the top 3 finish!

Montauk17
07-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Nothing wrong with that!

wtretrievers
07-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Fish alot at night or should I say I used too:(.......Catching good fish during the day is cool.......at night......Ooooo Weeeeeee!!!!!!!!:work:

Jedi Lure Tricks
07-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Awesome report, congrats on the top 3 finish! thanks alot!

Nothing wrong with that!
heck yeah! nothin wrong at all.. one of the best night trips i've had in awhile

Fish alot at night or should I say I used too:(.......Catching good fish during the day is cool.......at night......Ooooo Weeeeeee!!!!!!!!:work:
hehe u got that right! that 6 hung on that stump.. i was losin my mind and couldnt see jack.. what a cluster!:shaking:

LaAngler
07-26-2010, 12:21 PM
almost sounds like you know what your doin! ;)

Jedi Lure Tricks
07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
almost sounds like you know what your doin! ;)

lol one of these days i'll get it right :rotfl:

longcast
07-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Trust me. Jedi lure trick knows what he is doing. Fishing is that guys life. Btw congrats Ob on your tourny.

Jedi Lure Tricks
08-12-2010, 10:25 PM
just got my data cable so i can finally upload pics! sry the update took so long
a pic of the money fish and the sunrise that mornin was particularly beautiful. :cool:

Bluechip
08-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Sweet pics....:)

jpeff31787
08-13-2010, 09:06 AM

x2! Those are some pretty fish man! They have what i call perfect color and markings. Hell of a sunrise too. Thats something i look forward to every morning on the water

Montauk17
08-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Nice fish bro,I cant wait to get out there for the fall topwater bite!

Jedi Lure Tricks
08-13-2010, 08:44 PM

x2! Those are some pretty fish man! They have what i call perfect color and markings. Hell of a sunrise too. Thats something i look forward to every morning on the water
thanks guys.. yeah they were pretty, 'cept the smaller one had a gimped mouth.. she was caught before but was healing.. i released her alive

Nice fish bro,I cant wait to get out there for the fall topwater bite!
thanks man.. i hear ya on that topwater bite!! that bite is a blast!