PDA

View Full Version : Toledo Bend

Josh C
08-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Going to the bend this weekend. Anybody have any reports they can pass on??? Bass, sacs, day or night!!

Thanks.

jchief
08-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Bass night on dark worms. Daytime is slow.

Dink
08-18-2010, 08:54 PM
You sure That truck can pull a boat all the way up there???

Big Kahunaz
08-19-2010, 03:48 AM
We're heading that way tomorrow evening.....i'll post reports for Friday as soon as i get on a pattern. Will be fishing Housen down to 6 mile

SULPHITE
08-19-2010, 09:19 AM
We're heading that way tomorrow evening.....i'll post reports for Friday as soon as i get on a pattern. Will be fishing Housen down to 6 mile

Back in town!

Josh C
08-19-2010, 09:54 AM
You sure That truck can pull a boat all the way up there???

I'm sure going to give it a try!! I expect the cummings to perform a little better than the stroker!!

Big Kahunaz
08-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Back in town!

Yup! Gonna find out this weekend if my rods dry rotted over the last 7 months! :D

SULPHITE
08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
sweet! Welcome back!

Big Kahunaz
08-22-2010, 05:43 PM
THX Sulphite...Glad to be back! Sorry, no info on the bend! Decided to put the family 1st since we haven't seen most of them in over 6 months. Did get to wet a line though on the family pond. Didn't miss too much b/c the wind was kicking arse. Will be up here for 4 days labor day weekend though and will definitely give a report.

yak'em-n-stack'em
08-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Schoolies down by the generators

EvinFord
08-23-2010, 08:55 AM
I went for a 3 day weekend this past weekend and had a great time. My brother and I took our younger brother with us this time as he has been begging us to take him before the year is up. He is funny because he likes to count each and every fish we catch. Started making fun of him about it but ended up being cool to see how many fish we actually caught.

Had great weather on Friday and Saturday, but Sunday was just HOT!. Great clouds on Friday and Sat morning so the fish were ready to eat.

My twin brother caught a really nice fish that was right under 5 lbs and one that was 4. He had a great weekend.

We caught 141 fish all together for the three day weekend. Not bad for only one boat! But the only problem is that a lot of them were small. Other than the 4 or 5 nice fish that we caught, most were not keepers. But still had an amazing time.

We stayed at the South Toledo Bend State Park in the cabins there, which were really nice. We fished the south end of the lake near the damn, Indian Creek and Buck Creek. Fished a lot of top water and flukes in baby bass color.

Jordan

Pictures attached.

Josh C
08-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Fishing was tough all weekend. We had 4 boats on the water and only managed to catch about 25 fish Friday and Saturday. Fished mid lake around Spring Hill.

yak'em-n-stack'em
08-23-2010, 10:10 AM
nice fish man

and those cabins are sweet

our camp is up by big bass

yak'em-n-stack'em
08-23-2010, 10:11 AM
big kahunnaz

what are you doing in hawaii

Big Kahunaz
08-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Learning Pidgen & working for Dakine.....

Nice slaughter Ford.......boy did i call it completely wrong. I had one of my best trips in dead summer on Toledo 2 years ago when we had a depression moving in. Most were caught ripping a Texas rig through the grass on the edge of creeks. I hope they're still hungry labor day weekend.

Jedi Lure Tricks
08-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Going to the bend this weekend. Anybody have any reports they can pass on??? Bass, sacs, day or night!!

Thanks.

red bug worms and lizards are on fire up there. day and night.. fishing can be a little slow but some really nice fish are being caught..
black w/ blue flake, red bug & candy bug are all good color choices for big creature baits right now at night.
with shad being the main focus of most bass during the day, it's not suprising that i'm getting more and more reports of bass being caught on senkos and fluke-type baits. baby bass as mentioned earlier, wat. red, mardi gras and smokin shad are some top producers right now.
good luck and let us all know how yall did!