PDA

View Full Version : billystix offshore rods

billystix custom rods
07-02-2009, 01:31 PM
just wanted to let you offshore guys know that billystix custom rods also builds the spiral rod for you off shor guys as well, if you have never fished a off shore spiral then you are in for a treat, if you ever just want to chat about what the spiral will give you interms of what you are not currently getting from your rod, just give me a call and i will be happy to answer any and all questions that you might have, looking forward to talking with you.
stix

cmdrost
07-02-2009, 02:25 PM
i wanna know whats going on in that 1st pic! Looks like the scene from Jaws where they're all looking to get the reward.

Also looks like a cool boat in the 1st pic.

FWIW....I'd love to try a rod to battle some tuna with. I'd imagine its great for when the fish dive.

billystix custom rods
08-17-2009, 05:03 PM
the first photo is taken at the boca grande tarpon rodeo, the team came in 2nd place on that trip they are using custom billystix spiral rods built on calstar blanks with fuzi single foot guides, they normally hook up with tarpon that will run upwards of #180 lbs or better, they love the way the rod performs under a load as you can see if you look closely you will see that the reel is sitting upright as it is suppose to be and is not rolling over causin g the angler to have to not only fight the fish but the rod as well as the reel also.
would be more than happy to discuss this spiral rod with any one that has any questions just give me a call you are under no pressure at billystix custom rods just fishing related chat.
stix :)