PDA

View Full Version : Curse of Grand Isle

Feesherman
07-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Well we made it to GI about 11:00pm Thursday night. Launch is steep so while launching the boat the motors were half way under water. Then we get ready to start heading out and the front running light is out. We try to fix it and the red and green lenses fall to pieces. Well we take out. We go slow all night and come daybreak we about 40 miles out. So we take off headed south and further and further we got the more rough it got until we were in 6 footers. We trolled Medusa, then Mars and eventually made it to Ursa. All big floating platforms with furthest about 90 miles. Water was still green and ugly. Didn't catch squat and now our captain is sea sick. We decided to come closer in and try for some AJ's and snapper. Nuttin. One Bonita is all we caught. Was a 16 pounder though so we got first place in that. Decide to haul it in and spend the night in a hotel and then come home on Saturday. While loading the boat we broke a board on the trailer. Hit the road Saturday morning, and after about an hour travel we hear a strange noise behind us like we dragging something. Well, we were. Rear axel on boat trailer is broke in half. Trailer has 3 axels so we decide just take it off and run on 2. Let her down off the jacks and now da motors are on the ground. Too much weight in the back. So in order to run, we had to take off the front axel and move it to the back. In 100 degree heat. Finally get her put together, jump in the truck to head out and the AC quit in the truck. What else can go wrong? Stop to fuel up and my uncle leans on the trailer winch and breaks the winch. Gettin funny now. Stop in Lafayette to get cracklins, jump in truck to leave and it won't start. Had to get a jump. Get half way home and all the gauges, radio, lights shut down. Alternator is shot. Barley make it over I-10 bridge when the truck finally gives up the ghost. Had to coast into Westlake and tow the truck and boat the rest of the way with our trucks. After all that, they gave the hard luck prize to someone else. Someone that caught 3 or 4 marlin. They got the prize because they were not allowed to weigh their fish in the tourny because they didn't have the right ticket. I wish our luck was so bad that we caught 4 marlin.

Deadly D
07-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Well we made it to GI about 11:00pm Thursday night. Launch is steep so while launching the boat the motors were half way under water. Then we get ready to start heading out and the front running light is out. We try to fix it and the red and green lenses fall to pieces. Well we take out. We go slow all night and come daybreak we about 40 miles out. So we take off headed south and further and further we got the more rough it got until we were in 6 footers. We trolled Medusa, then Mars and eventually made it to Ursa. All big floating platforms with furthest about 90 miles. Water was still green and ugly. Didn't catch squat and now our captain is sea sick. We decided to come closer in and try for some AJ's and snapper. Nuttin. One Bonita is all we caught. Was a 16 pounder though so we got first place in that. Decide to haul it in and spend the night in a hotel and then come home on Saturday. While loading the boat we broke a board on the trailer. Hit the road Saturday morning, and after about an hour travel we hear a strange noise behind us like we dragging something. Well, we were. Rear axel on boat trailer is broke in half. Trailer has 3 axels so we decide just take it off and run on 2. Let her down off the jacks and now da motors are on the ground. Too much weight in the back. So in order to run, we had to take off the front axel and move it to the back. In 100 degree heat. Finally get her put together, jump in the truck to head out and the AC quit in the truck. What else can go wrong? Stop to fuel up and my uncle leans on the trailer winch and breaks the winch. Gettin funny now. Stop in Lafayette to get cracklins, jump in truck to leave and it won't start. Had to get a jump. Get half way home and all the gauges, radio, lights shut down. Alternator is shot. Barley make it over I-10 bridge when the truck finally gives up the ghost. Had to coast into Westlake and tow the truck and boat the rest of the way with our trucks. After all that, they gave the hard luck prize to someone else. Someone that caught 3 or 4 marlin. They got the prize because they were not allowed to weigh their fish in the tourny because they didn't have the right ticket. I wish our luck was so bad that we caught 4 marlin.
Well ya made the american press today. They call that if it wasnt for bad luck we have no luck at all. Maybe next time everything will go right and ya can catch some big ones. My hats off to ya I would have quit a the boat launch part and went home

LaAngler
07-06-2009, 09:51 AM
wow!!! what a nightmare!

at least you won a new rod!

Feesherman
07-06-2009, 10:06 AM
at least you won a new rod!

What you talking about?? We didn't win nuttin but a first place bonita plaque.

Gerald
07-06-2009, 10:36 AM
OK WE HAVE A WINNER:help:IT WAS BETWEEN 2 ENTRYS , I GOT DOWN TO THE LAST 9 THAT WAS IN THE BOX SO THE FIRST 7 OUT ARE THE RUNNERUPS"WHICH I WILL ANNOUNCE IN JUST A MINUTE, BUT I HAVE 2 LEFT IN THE BOX SO I SHAKE IT UP GOOD ONE IS ON THE RIGHT AND ONE IS ON THE LEFT WHICH ONE DO I PICK :help: I CLOSED MY EYES AND SHUFFELED THE BOX AGAIN REACHED IN AND THE NAME THAT CAME OUT WAS BIG BLONDIE?? BUT THE WINNER IS STILL IN THE BOX, BUT SHE WAS 1 TICKET CLOSE TO BEING THE WINNER BUT THE ****" WINNER IS """ GUESS WHO------"""FEESHERMAN""" YOU ARE THE WINNER OF THE PURPLE AND GOLD CUSTOM BILLYSTIX SPIRAL ROD SO ALL YOU NEED DO IS GIVE ME A PHONE CALL AND LETS GET IT FIXED UP FOR YA. CONGRATS TO YA GUY.
NOW FOR THE RUNNERUPS, JUST AS THEY CAME OUTTA THE HAT
#1--SLICK43
#2--HACKBERRYBUSTER
#3--LAANGLER
#4--DUCKTRICKSTER
#5--SWAMPSNORKLER
#6--BIJ-J
#7==BIGBLONDIE
YOU RUNNERUPS GET IN TOUCH WITH BILLYSTIX AND YOU CAN GET YOUR CHOICE OF A CUSTOM BILLYSTIX INSHORE SPIRAL BUILT FOR--$150 PLUS SHIPPING THATS A $60 SAVINGS.
ONCE AGAIN I WANT TO THANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR TAKING PART IN THIS FREE BILLYSTIX CONTEST AND I PROMISE YOU THERE WILL BE MORE FREE RODS TO COME.
STIX

Your luck has changed.

Feesherman
07-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Your luck has changed.

Well holy crap. I didn't even see dat. Maybe I cashed in all dat bad luck for a while.

RaginCagin
07-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Feesherman dont feel too bad. I left my house at 1 am thursday morning arrived in Grand Isle at 5a.m. I had gotten my boat back from the mechanc Wednesday for the 4th time in the last 6 weeks for the same problem. Spent close to $1200 on repairs. Started burning up the trout at the rocks until we ran out of bait. They would not touch artificial so we decided to run to Bridge Side to pick up more bait. Turn the key same frickin problem as the last 4 times. Boat would run but no power. Idled all the way back an put the boat on the trailer and came all the way back home. Talk about a sick feeling. We went from staying there 3 days to 1/2 day.

southern151
07-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Holy crap feesherman! That is WAY worse than the saddest country song I've ever heard! I think I would have jumped in front of traffic after incident 4 or 5!:help::help:

Feesherman
07-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Holy crap feesherman! That is WAY worse than the saddest country song I've ever heard! I think I would have jumped in front of traffic after incident 4 or 5!:help::help:

No worries, I drank all my problems away Saturday night.;)

SULPHITE
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Geeezzz man!! at least you gotcha a cool rod!

fishinpox
07-06-2009, 04:38 PM
...i was drunk the day my mama got outta prison , went to pick her up in the rain !!!!!!!!!! that sucks about your luck in grand isle but u got a free spiral rod !!!!!!!!!!! my wife just got hers in the mail and it is sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!

Slidellkid
07-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Please don't ever ask me to go fishin with ya! Dude, you have some scary bad luck!

Sorry to hear about your day..man that really sucks. Makes you want to take up golf

Hebert
07-06-2009, 07:29 PM
damn..thats the fishin trip from hell...

Gerald
07-06-2009, 09:16 PM
And the whole SW part of Louisiana know about his bad luck........The story was in the Lake Charles paper today.

exspeck big specks
07-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Going in two days hope my luck is better-My first time fishing Grand Isle my dad & I launched our boat and forgot to put the plug in the hull. Bad Day!!

Maybe that place is cursed!!

Big Kahunaz
07-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Feesherman dont feel too bad. I left my house at 1 am thursday morning arrived in Grand Isle at 5a.m. I had gotten my boat back from the mechanc Wednesday for the 4th time in the last 6 weeks for the same problem. Spent close to $1200 on repairs. Started burning up the trout at the rocks until we ran out of bait. They would not touch artificial so we decided to run to Bridge Side to pick up more bait. Turn the key same frickin problem as the last 4 times. Boat would run but no power. Idled all the way back an put the boat on the trailer and came all the way back home. Talk about a sick feeling. We went from staying there 3 days to 1/2 day.

Are you running an Optimax? They have had problems with the coils going bad in them. Motor runs but will top out at 3k or so rpms with WOT.