PDA

View Full Version : 11/6 - 11/7 Texas Hunts

longsidelandry
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I went with my father-in-law to their lease in Sour Lake, Texas over the weekend to do some hog hunting. They were there for opening weekend of deer season but I refused to pay $315 for a license that I was only going to use for 3 hunts so I went to try and reduce the hog & predator populations for them. Made the Sat. morning hunt and got to see 2 small bucks fighting about 250 yards away. Saturday afternoon we got to the stand around 2:15 and around 5:00 this coyote came out and starting eating my damn corn :pissed:. I've never seen or heard of a coyote eating corn, definately a first for me. Well I got down and went throw him down the trail a little ways to get it away from the corn just incase something else would wanna come get a bite to eat. As soon as I got back to the stand, something made me look down the lane to my left and I saw two big hogs eating the corn about 125 yards down the trail. I wasn't able to get a shot from under the stand so I climbed into the stand to get a better shot. Well little did I know that there was a gap between a couple trees and of course the sun was setting right in the gap and was blinding the crap out of me in my scope. I leaned back a little bit in the chair to try and get the scope in as much shade as possible but wasn't able to get far enough back but I could make out the outline of the hog so I waited til it picked up it's head to see which end was which then I put the crosshairs somewhere between the head and the shoulder and squeezed off a round. The hog hauled azz into the woods so I gave it til right at sundown then went look for blood. I found 2 drops of blood about 15 yards apart and had to get down on my hands and knees to see them. I went back in the stand and waited til my father-in-law got there to pick me up and we went look in the woods for the hog but couldn't find it. We didn't find another drop of blood and we looked hard for some. After about an hour of searching all over we gave up hope and headed back to the camp. Sunday morning I saw a couple does with a fawn and another deer walked through the trail before I could get my scope on it to see what it was. All in all it was a great weekend and I can't wait to get back in the stand in 2 weeks. The guys at the camp killed a doe, a spike and 4 hogs over the weekend.

Jordan
11-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Nice job bruh. Nice yote shoulda mounted him.

Montauk17
11-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Damn coyotes,I saw 4 this weekend and heard them howling all night long. Bout to set out some hotdogs injected with some "goodies".

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Dang Ross.

Almost didn't recognize ya

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-08-2010, 10:18 PM
When we going to shoot a deer?

longsidelandry
11-09-2010, 07:51 AM
When we going to shoot a deer?

It opens Nov 20 at my camp but they don't really like to have guests there til after Thanksgiving since its pretty much full up with family members. Any time after that, just let me know when you wanna come and I can pick you up on my way out there.

wtretrievers
11-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Thin them yotes out boy!

Yes they'll eat corn, ricebran, persimmons, crabapples, blackberry etc..... I have a couple pictures somewhere of them eating my rice bran, also have a picture of 2 fox a doe & 2 spotted fawns all eating corn at the same time.