PDA

View Full Version : oil less fryer

eman
11-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Anybody here use the big easy oil less fryer???
I have a couple of questions

FF_T_Warren
11-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I've heard that they work good but the skin isn't quite as good as fried but that was the only complaint that I had heard. Overall they said it was good

SULPHITE
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
cooked a pork on one of these friday night...awesome...

Bluechip
11-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Anybody here use the big easy oil less fryer???
I have a couple of questions

I don't have one either but post your questions so we can all learn, maybe someone will come a long that can answer them.

I'm very curious about the big easy oil less fryer myself. I have heard nothing but positive comments about it.

SULPHITE
11-16-2010, 04:29 PM
I don't have one either but post your questions so we can all learn, maybe someone will come a long that can answer them.

I'm very curious about the big easy oil less fryer myself. I have heard nothing but positive comments about it.

My bud cooked a pork roast or loin (hell I don't remember)and injected it with tony's...it was damn good...

Ray
11-16-2010, 07:45 PM
http://housewares.about.com/od/cookwarereviews/fr/charbroilthebigeasy.htm

eman
11-16-2010, 08:54 PM
i bought one and seasoned it yesterday.
dang thing got up to 450° real quick.
Do ya'll cook w/ the burner turned all the way up???

Ray
11-17-2010, 01:44 PM
I have a small Coonazz microwave for Turkeys and Chickens. That thing cooks the bestest bird, with no oil.
Crispy skin, moist meat. Just gotta season and inject it right.

It does good with pork also, but to me, not so good with beef.

eman
11-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Cooking my first chicken on it now. injected w/ some jalapeno butter and tossed on some eman's pig rub and it's in the cooker.
the directions say 12 min / lb . we shall see

Bluechip
11-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Cooking my first chicken on it now. injected w/ some jalapeno butter and tossed on some eman's pig rub and it's in the cooker.
the directions say 12 min / lb . we shall see

Let us know how it turns out bro. I'm thinking about hobbling out on the back patio tomorrow and smoke up something. I had knee surgery Thursday, (torn ACL) so I'm laid up and about to go crazy in this house.

Take some pics for me Bob....:)

eman
11-20-2010, 09:08 PM
No pics but that has to be two of the juciest chickens i have ever cooked.
smoked two butts and they came out great too. chalk up a good cooking day for me.

TreyE663
11-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Im glad they came out good. You said you had to season it first? Are you talking about the cooker? If so, how? I was told the first thing you cook in one might not come out that good because it has to be seasoned, that's why I asked.

eman
11-23-2010, 05:42 PM
wipe down the inner liner w/ cooking oil . Turn the gas bottle on and then turn on the fryer in that order. hit the igniter. let it burn for 20 min and the inside of the liner will turn brown to black just like seasoning a cast iron pot . i did mine twice before cooking in it.

Garfish
11-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Eman,
How did your turkey come out in the oil less fryer?

eman
11-30-2010, 02:40 PM
The one i did thanksgiving day at soupbones didn't come out to good . I put the thermo leads in the wrong spot and they said done and the bird was still raw every where but the breast,
I was so dam mad, I came home and thawed out another turkey and seasoned it up and cooked it fri. The second bird came out great.
The cooker is great and does a great job when the cook does what he / she is supposed to do.

Deerfarmer
11-30-2010, 09:43 PM
I seasoned mine Wednesday and cooked a turkey breast on it Thursday (Thanksgiving morning). It was the best turkey I or anybody else that ate had ever eaten. It was juicy and had a golden crust. Not as thick as a fried but much juicier. I love mine. Going to try other meats ASAP. I seasoned mine by coating the inner liner with cooking oil and heating in cooker until it quit smoking.

2ndamendment
11-30-2010, 10:22 PM
I cooked the family turkey in my infrared cooker(oil less fryer) for the first time Thanksgiving day. Cooked it 10 minutes per pound. It was a 12 pd. bird. That was a great tasting bird. The meat was juicy and tender. No one at the table complained and when the eatin' was finished all that was left was the bones.