PDA

View Full Version : East Zone Opener

BellPepperHead
11-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Well my duck season opened up this past weekend and all I can say is a good time was had by all. Saturday we had 17 hunters in 3 blinds and ended up with 102. Sunday we had 15 hunters and ended with 80. All in all an awesome weekend.

Tried to upload pics, but for some reason it won't let me.:confused:

BellPepperHead
11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Here are the pics, got it yo work...

wtretrievers
11-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Cool pictures........what area yall hunt?

LaAngler
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
pretty pile on that tailgate & pot, wow, i'm starving now.

Bluechip
11-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Nice kill.....and I love the "pot shot"...;)

Good eatin'....Sometimes there are as many memories made cooking and eating the bounty as during the hunt...

meaux fishing
11-22-2010, 03:58 PM
nice pics... im hoping to go get on some east side ducks in the second split. My buddys uncle has some blinds north of Des Allemands

BellPepperHead
11-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Cool pictures........what area yall hunt?

Avoyelles Parish

wtretrievers
11-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Avoyelles Parish
Like that picture on the water, just noticing the buttonwoods, figured you were a little futher north.

joshdomingue
11-23-2010, 07:51 AM
the most ducks i've seen all year ...... but i've heard there laying em down to the east...

simplepeddler
11-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Wow what a smackdown!

Call me if you need any help there ole' buddy......LOL.......just kidding

No really I'm serious.

Will"E"Fish
11-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Couple day's like that and the freezer would look pretty good. Like to see birds bagged and moments enjoyed . Good Hunting.

Micah
11-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Awesome pics!!!!

Put a recipe for dem ducks on here......always wanting to learn new ways to cook them.

SaltyShaw
11-24-2010, 07:10 AM
nice pics man! coming in from offshore today hoping to get a few duck hunts in while im home.

BellPepperHead
11-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Awesome pics!!!!

Put a recipe for dem ducks on here......always wanting to learn new ways to cook them.

Put a little oil in the bottom of a black pot and brown your ducks with seasoning to taste.

Take them out and brown some onions, bell pepper, celery and mushrooms, adding a little water as you go to make a gravy.

Put browned ducks back in the pot and spoon the vegatables over the top of the ducks. Add a small can of cream of mushroom and about another 2-3 cups of water.

Put the lid on the pot and put in a 325 degree oven for about 2-3 hours or until the ducks are tender.

Serve over rice.

I know it is kind of vague, but I don't really have a set recipe for it.

Good Luck to all this weekend and Happy Thanksgiving. I am going on a 12 day hunt starting to tomorrow, will post results when I return.

Micah
01-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Put a little oil in the bottom of a black pot and brown your ducks with seasoning to taste.

Take them out and brown some onions, bell pepper, celery and mushrooms, adding a little water as you go to make a gravy.

Put browned ducks back in the pot and spoon the vegatables over the top of the ducks. Add a small can of cream of mushroom and about another 2-3 cups of water.

Put the lid on the pot and put in a 325 degree oven for about 2-3 hours or until the ducks are tender.

Serve over rice.

I know it is kind of vague, but I don't really have a set recipe for it.

Good Luck to all this weekend and Happy Thanksgiving. I am going on a 12 day hunt starting to tomorrow, will post results when I return.

Man, I just saw you put this on here......thanks, I will definitely try this on the next ducks we kill!!!

Shawn Braquet
01-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Man, I just saw you put this on here......thanks, I will definitely try this on the next ducks we kill!!!

Holler at me if you need to borrow some i may be able to help :)

southern151
01-14-2011, 09:24 AM
The guides in Kaplan cooked that recipe for us when we went hunting over there and it was great!!!! They used Muskovee(sp?) ducks though. I never thought such an ugly duck could taste soooo good!