PDA

View Full Version : 1st split

cajunsorc
12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
We started out very slow because we didnt get water until the weekend prior to the start of the season. It was the worst opening weekend we have ever had in 18 yrs of hunting this lease. But since then, things have really picked up. We have been averaging 15 birds a morning with the majority of them being mallards. We have had some pintail, greys and a couple of mottle ducks and widgeon. The biggest dissapointment has been the lack of teal. We normally have an abundance of teal and usually restrain from killing full limits of teal in order to shoot some big ducks. This year, we have really been struggling to kill the teal, they just aren't around us at all. The geese are just starting to move into our area and I'm hoping to start working on the specks any day now. Good luck to all of you.

all star rod
12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
The new lease I am in which is about 3/4 miles from where I was has been pretty good. As of today, we have 143 birds killed not counting teal season (67). 80% of our birds have been teal; however, since Friday 80% of the birds we have killed are big ducks. BTW, majority of our teal killed have been GW Teal. Hope the trend will contiue for the 2nd split.

DUCKGOGETTER
12-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I hunt in grand chenier across from the catholic church, and this has been our best year since the storms. We hunted the first 10 days of the season out of 2 blinds and killed over 400 birds. Our food and water levels are perfect. The birds come out of rockefeller refuge and just start pounding our marsh. The majority of our limits is greenwinged teal. We've seen a couple of flocks of 300 or better buzzing the marsh.