PDA

View Full Version : F'N rocks !!!

Jordan
07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
:pissed: :help:Stay away from rocks in Big lake !!! This is what happens !!!

Big Lake Blondie
07-14-2009, 12:18 PM
feel you on that one...had that happen a couple of summers back...boat drifted back and went to crank the motor and...well, you know the rest...wasn't as bad as you got, but still let a few choice words slip...:spineyes: them rocks get you any way they can...

Jordan
07-14-2009, 12:20 PM
for sure.... thats a stainless prop too !!!! $500 for a new one, thats out... aluminum it is !!!!.. didn't break anything in the motor, THANK GOD !!!!

Big Lake Blondie
07-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Thankfully...we're still fighting a carb problem on ours...bout ready to sink the jerk in the ship channel and say it was an accident...:grinpimp::smokin:

Jordan
07-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I hear ya.... mine's in the shop also. trim motor burnt up... AGAIN for the 2nd time..... Im about ready to "Accident" the boat, but i got too much blood, sweat and tears in the boat to just "let it go"...Give me a call sometime when your on the lake, i think im going out with my neighbors saturday, but its still up in the air like the clouds..PM sent BTW

LaAngler
07-14-2009, 12:36 PM
for sure.... thats a stainless prop too !!!! $500 for a new one, thats out... aluminum it is !!!!.. didn't break anything in the motor, THANK GOD !!!!

i would try to find a used stainless one...

Jordan
07-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Im bringing it to precision prop's in LC next week to see if they can do anything with it...

"W"
07-14-2009, 01:05 PM
DUDE...WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING ON THE ROCKS?.....Use that trolling motor!!!!! Cheaper

Jordan
07-14-2009, 01:07 PM
we were down by the old jettie's.... with a north wind, cranked up to get out away from them, had trolling motor down, was just going to EAAAAAASE out.... that didn't freaking happen, trolling motor could't pull us away fast enough with wind and current movement, had to crank big motor up, well you know what happened !!!

Reel Bender
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM

Bauman Marine in Houston can fix that up in no time for probably 1/4 cost of new.
I've got to drop mine off this week, had to rescue 2 bosts yeterday and i kinda found an oyster reef and was high and almost dri in 3 " of water . Needless to say the prop took some abuse getting the boat off the reef

Big Lake Blondie
07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
I hear ya.... mine's in the shop also. trim motor burnt up... AGAIN for the 2nd time..... Im about ready to "Accident" the boat, but i got too much blood, sweat and tears in the boat to just "let it go"...Give me a call sometime when your on the lake, i think im going out with my neighbors saturday, but its still up in the air like the clouds..PM sent BTW

I'm staying home with kids(dogs:D) this weekend cuz were gonna have a long weekend next weekend and I won't see them...I love my kids:*****:...Husband and his bud are having guys weekend, so I'll let him know...Let me know if ya'll head out; ya'll might can meet up...we'll definately be out the weekend of the 25, 26 and 27...got people coming in from Hawaii, so we gonna take them out and put them on some fish...Sean's gonna trick um up and bring the offshore rod and get um hung up on some big reds down at the jetties...scare the crap out of um...I still say tie them up on some sharks; more fun watching their eyes pop out their heads...:*****:

Ray
07-14-2009, 02:17 PM
I was getting parts for my Chris Craft at Olmsted Shipyard a couple weeks ago and they had a bunch of props in the back that were bought years ago, still in the box.
You might get a good deal cause they were bought by the ship yard a long time ago.

RAKEDLAKE
07-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I have got a used but in good shape raker prop that can be hubbed for most anything. call me at 337 380 3497 . I will take $100 OBO.

Feesherman
07-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I have got a used but in good shape raker prop that can be hubbed for most anything. call me at 337 380 3497 . I will take $100 OBO.

He got a white motor. Must be an old Force. You sure dat prop can be hubbed for a chrysler/force?

Jordan
07-14-2009, 02:29 PM
mine fits a 200hp johnson v6 1995 model ocean runner Pitch is 14 1/2X20 i got a 19 now, and i can get on step in like 40', my 20 pitch took my 40 yards to get on step, this is all acceleration and not enough top end, im looking for a 20 or 21 pitch 14 and 1/2 of course.

Jordan
07-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Ladie's and gents, i thinks i got me a prop. Thanks RAKEDLAKE!!!!!