PDA

View Full Version : Vermillion Bay Anglers!!!

jpeff31787
07-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Just wanted to see how many people fish V. Bay?? Was thinking about pretty much just watching this site, the other one is getting ridiculous. Seems like everyday someone is criticizing the other. Please throw a comment at me if you fish V. Bay that way i know if its worth posting on here lol

PS I'll still like this site even if theres NOBODy fishing V. Bay

:trolls:

"W"
07-15-2009, 03:38 PM
There are a few guys here that fish V-Bay....Tell your buddies to on over a post reports!!!!

LaAngler
07-15-2009, 03:44 PM
I live north of it and have fished it a few times, would be interested in going back from time to time.

The Salty Hog
07-15-2009, 03:53 PM
I fish it when I don't have time to hit cocodrie.

Finfeatherfur
07-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Here's my schedule!-
Jan., Feb., March - Usually fish Bayou Dularge, not big fish, but very strong catches in the interior marshes.

April-May - Big Lake, throwing big baits to catch big fish

June - July - boat is kept in Bayou Dularge and do alot of fishing with the kids.

Ausgust - November - boat is back at my house to fish Vermillion Bay. The best fishing of the year is getting ready to start, and it is right in our back yard! The bite was later than normal to start this year do to late snow melt, very heavy rains in the northern states that kept rivers way high for so long. Now, this has also helped in bringing in water that silts up and provides nourishment for the little things, which feed the bigger things. The amount of baitfish out there right now is incredible, and the trout will be in a feeding frenzy in the coming months before the cold fronts get here.

I really love September! I take clients teal hunting in the morning, then jump in the boat about 5:00 for a late afternoon speck run in Vermillion Bay! Can't wait!

ripinlips
07-15-2009, 04:10 PM
I fish the bay often...That is a great schedule Finfeatherfur:)...I wish I had that schedule.

Ducktrickster
07-15-2009, 04:17 PM
I fish the bay often...That is a great schedule Finfeatherfur:)...I wish I had that schedule.

I wish I could get on the water as many times as he moves his boat. Tough to find fishing partners for weekdays and hate weekends.

meaux fishing
07-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I live near abbeville so I fish the bay a pretty good bit. I have been trying new places this summer but its about time to fish the bay the rest of the year

ripinlips
07-15-2009, 05:49 PM
After my last summer class finishes next week, I will be hitting the water every good weather day I hope...until fall classes begin. I hear you Ducktrickster about avoiding those weekend crowds.

flounder_smacker
07-15-2009, 06:18 PM
the bay is my home. been catching really good lately just havent had time to post. work has picked up and dont have much time between fishing and working.

Montauk17
07-15-2009, 06:24 PM
I fished the cypremort point area sunday ended up with 20 nice trout,3 reds,and a flounder.Caught most of them on live shrimp under a cork,and a few on a super spook.The water is absolutly awesome over the reefs where we caught most of them.I fish the area alot,i work at the prop shop in lafayette so I hear where there biting at pretty often.

Hopedale Hustler
07-15-2009, 06:28 PM
i fish cypermort point just about every other week...my best friend got a camp down there

LittleRob
07-15-2009, 06:29 PM
the bay is my home. been catching really good lately just havent had time to post. work has picked up and dont have much time between fishing and working.

Well quite working,:work::work: that is another area I am going to learn.

whunter29
07-15-2009, 06:45 PM
I live in Abbeville so I fish it from now till bow season opens on oct1.

bay_slayer
07-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I fish V. Bay every now and then. My father in law has a camp in four bayous so we just get in the boat go fishing.

daberry
07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
I fish Cypremort Point area every fall. My family has had a camp since 1968 at the Point and I usually take a month off of work every year and stay at the camp. Usually first week of Sept, one week in Oct, and the first 2 weeks in Nov.
Looks like this year I should have taken more time off earlier as salinity is very high for July in addition to the fact it has been low up until now which probably has tons of bait in the area. Looks like a stellar year. I live on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain so usually do not make the trip in to the Point unless I have at least 3 or more days off.
Just found this site. Hope to get some info. and always willing to give away most of my secrets to a few.
Fisherofthebass, I see your posts on other websites, often see your posts when we have fished the same day in the same area. What are you fishing in? I have a 22' white Blackjack with Yamaha 250 and Powerpole if you see me this fall.

boggycreek
07-16-2009, 02:45 AM
I work 14 & 14 and fish the bay at least 5 times when i am off,i don't post much on the other site because all of the BS.Maybe this site will be diferent.The fishing is about to get great,but as we all know all the crazy,disrespectful people come along with it.

Tete Dur
07-16-2009, 03:33 AM
I usually fish Big Lake but with the new boat now (22 Pathfinder) I have something that should be able to handle what V Bay can throw at me when it gets angry. I'm looking forward to learning the Bay now. Made my first trip to the pass Tuesday afternoon and caught 37 trout before we had to run from a bad storm.

Dink
07-16-2009, 08:26 AM
I usually fish Big Lake but with the new boat now (22 Pathfinder) I have something that should be able to handle what V Bay can throw at me when it gets angry. I'm looking forward to learning the Bay now. Made my first trip to the pass Tuesday afternoon and caught 37 trout before we had to run from a bad storm.

Same here........looking forward to getting out in it soon............Never had the boat to go thru the pass safely, now, it's on!!

SULPHITE
07-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Please throw a comment at me if you fish V. Bay that way i know if its worth posting on here lol

Looks like you got some fellow Vbay fisherman!!!:smokin:

speck-chaser
07-16-2009, 09:30 AM
try to fish it as often as I can when the water is not messed up. Looks like its getting right now though.

speck-chaser
07-16-2009, 09:38 AM
hey tete-dur, how you liking that pathfinder so far? Ive been having mine sine 02,just love it.

flounder_smacker
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
yeah ill start posting up some pics i actually have some from a offshore trip we took the 4th and some from last weekend. vbay needs some pics up here cause im tired of looking at w's little bitty trout.

Oilfisher
07-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Are the specks starting to move inside the bay and around the camps at the point. If not, what time of year do they start to move in. Work keeps me from fishing much these days so every trip has to be worth it plus boat is just not big enough to go out the pass unless its perfect. Thanks for the help.

Saint
07-16-2009, 02:38 PM
What's up fellas? I am new here and fish both the bay and around Houma. Thinking about heading to the bay this weekend. The winds look favorable. Saint.

Seeing Spots
07-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Another bay fisherman here. I learned to fish on Big Lake and have fished it many many times but love to fish the reefs on the south side of marsh island. Caught limits on about 8 trips this summer. It has been awesome.

handyman
07-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Pretty new to area, but been fishing the bay last couple of weeks with little luck, My Delacroix Island techniques aren't working here. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

flounder_smacker
07-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Are the specks starting to move inside the bay and around the camps at the point. If not, what time of year do they start to move in. Work keeps me from fishing much these days so every trip has to be worth it plus boat is just not big enough to go out the pass unless its perfect. Thanks for the help.

oil a couple of weeks ago i had reports of specks being caught at the trashpile blue point and in the cove. i fished the weekend after and caught some at the cove but no further in. usually around september the trout start moving in depending on the water but deff early october the bite is on.

Tete Dur
07-17-2009, 04:11 AM
The new Pathfinder is the best thing since sliced bread..... I like everything about it. It is a huge pretty big step up from my last boat. I's much more comfortable fishing now....especially since I fish at least once a week and very often more than once. I'm going to take some pics and put in my profile soon.

Oilfisher
07-17-2009, 11:46 AM
oil a couple of weeks ago i had reports of specks being caught at the trashpile blue point and in the cove. i fished the weekend after and caught some at the cove but no further in. usually around september the trout start moving in depending on the water but deff early october the bite is on.

Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I have been hearing, just thought I would ask.

Pintail58
07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Fish V-bay all the time when there is time available ...

speck-chaser
07-17-2009, 07:14 PM
The new Pathfinder is the best thing since sliced bread..... I like everything about it. It is a huge pretty big step up from my last boat. I's much more comfortable fishing now....especially since I fish at least once a week and very often more than once. I'm going to take some pics and put in my profile soon.

is it the seafoam green color? what size motor do you have? cant quite tell in the pic. If your out on the water that much,maybe we will cross each other and I can see the new updates from mine.

jpeff31787
07-21-2009, 11:09 AM
I fish Cypremort Point area every fall. My family has had a camp since 1968 at the Point and I usually take a month off of work every year and stay at the camp. Usually first week of Sept, one week in Oct, and the first 2 weeks in Nov.
Looks like this year I should have taken more time off earlier as salinity is very high for July in addition to the fact it has been low up until now which probably has tons of bait in the area. Looks like a stellar year. I live on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain so usually do not make the trip in to the Point unless I have at least 3 or more days off.
Just found this site. Hope to get some info. and always willing to give away most of my secrets to a few.
Fisherofthebass, I see your posts on other websites, often see your posts when we have fished the same day in the same area. What are you fishing in? I have a 22' white Blackjack with Yamaha 250 and Powerpole if you see me this fall.

sorry i couldnt get back to all the questions.. I've been on vacation, but we have a 19ft nautic star with a black strike and we have a 115 opti on it.. I'll keep an eye out for you though

jpeff31787
07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Same here........looking forward to getting out in it soon............Never had the boat to go thru the pass safely, now, it's on!!

Its a pretty boat too!! I'll be looking for you this fall, I was actually thinking about you this past weekend cuz i was in florida lol

for you and anybody else feel free to ask questions.. I'm no pro but I've learned a lot in the area the past 2 years

longsidelandry
07-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm from Delcambre and hit the bay as often as I can. It's hard to go far out with my boat (16' Alumacraft) so I mostly fish the mouths of the Delcambre Canal, Bayou Chene and Boston Canal.

Tete Dur
07-21-2009, 12:00 PM
is it the seafoam green color? what size motor do you have? cant quite tell in the pic. If your out on the water that much,maybe we will cross each other and I can see the new updates from mine.
Yes, it's the sea foam color. I've been meaning of putting up more pics of it. It has a 200 HPDI.

jpeff31787
07-21-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm from Delcambre and hit the bay as often as I can. It's hard to go far out with my boat (16' Alumacraft) so I mostly fish the mouths of the Delcambre Canal, Bayou Chene and Boston Canal.

thats exactly what we used to have and we used to fish weeks bay, trash pile, sharks bayou, hammock, and the cove and we always did pretty well during the fall. If you ever need anything just send me a PM and I'll see what i can do

longsidelandry
07-21-2009, 02:14 PM
thats exactly what we used to have and we used to fish weeks bay, trash pile, sharks bayou, hammock, and the cove and we always did pretty well during the fall. If you ever need anything just send me a PM and I'll see what i can do

Yea, I go to all those places when it's not too rough but you know how the bay can be sometimes. I brought my two cousins (8 and 14) and my brother out 2 weekends ago when it was like glass and we went fish everywhere from Delcambre to Marsh Island.

jpeff31787
07-21-2009, 02:16 PM
did ya'll have any luck?? I'm sure ya'll at least got on some reds. Heard they've been every where in the bay

longsidelandry
07-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Yea man we ended up with 4 keepers. I let the young ones fish and mostly just retied their lines as they would get caught up and break them lol. I think I had more fun netting their fish then I would have had catching them myself.

jpeff31787
07-21-2009, 02:23 PM
O yeah! Sounds like the trips I make with my sister and g/f lol But they don't fish unless I've found them already lol they make me do all the work

longsidelandry
07-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Haha, I would throw their lines out to show them where to cast then sit back and watch. I would die laughing when the younger one would hook up with a nice red and he would start getting all excited and screaming. That little turd caught the 2 biggest ones out of the 4, lol.

jpeff31787
07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
usually how it goes! lol The girls always start getting more bites than me at the beginning of the day. Last time they each caught fish before me! lol I was casting far away from the boat and they were casting about 10 foot off the side getting bites. I thought it was just some croakers or some trash, but nope it was specs. Some nice ones too! Love it though, I try to get them out there as often as I can

longsidelandry
07-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't know if anybody knows about this or not but they will be building a new boat launch in Delcambre. It will be further down the canal than the current one so you won't have to idle past all the shrimp boats. The state/parish just purchased the land from a family friend of ours and should be starting the new construction within the next few months from what I'm told. It will have a double backdown launch with enough space to be able to tie your boat up and it's out of the way. It will also have some slips that the shrimp boats will be able to back up into right next to the parking lot and sell shrimp straight off the back of their boats. They will also put a pavillion up to assist in fishing tournaments and stuff like that. There will be one of those ticket machines where you put your money in and you get a ticket to put on your dashboard for parking.