PDA

View Full Version : Bun****s Lake

RODBENDER
01-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Looking for some advice on fishing for White Perch on Bun****s Lake. I live between Lacassine and Iowa and fish Bun****s Lake for bass quite often. I just don't have a clue on how/where to fsh for those slabs. It is truly a diminishing art we are losing to our older generation. I will provide info on my fishing experience on any place I can in return. I can't catch them all so I trade info. Hit me up with a message and let's see what w can work out. :help:

Jordan
01-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Rod I live about 20 minutes from the lake.... I heard they been catching them below the spillway

RatherBFishin
01-28-2011, 04:54 PM
In the past I always fished the Hopewell bridge area. This time of year I would throw a split tail beetle spin outside of the treelines and do well. Leter towards the spawn I would move into the trees with shiners and jigs. Hope that helps you

Looking for some advice on fishing for White Perch on Bun****s Lake. I live between Lacassine and Iowa and fish Bun****s Lake for bass quite often. I just don't have a clue on how/where to fsh for those slabs. It is truly a diminishing art we are losing to our older generation. I will provide info on my fishing experience on any place I can in return. I can't catch them all so I trade info. Hit me up with a message and let's see what w can work out. :help:

bdchristian
01-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Is there a max HP for Bun****s Lake? I heard this weekend that there is or use to be?

Jordan
01-31-2011, 04:34 PM
No, the fastest u need is 40hp max.... Too many stumps.

adamsfence
01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Is there a max HP for Bun****s Lake? I heard this weekend that there is or use to be?

what jordan said unless you live there and positively know the lake a trolling motor is fast enough you hit a stump like every 10 secs will idleing......unless you trying to catch you a insurance case by totaling your boat like they do here in allen parish:shaking:

tcglsu
01-31-2011, 05:35 PM
what jordan said unless you live there and positively know the lake a trolling motor is fast enough you hit a stump like every 10 secs will idleing......unless you trying to catch you a insurance case by totaling your boat like they do here in allen parish:shaking:

People do that around here?Lol

adamsfence
01-31-2011, 05:37 PM
thats your kin folks.....thats why my homeowners is so damn high

tcglsu
01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Ha that your uncle-n-law

RODBENDER
02-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Hey Jordan when are planning a trip to Bun****s? I am about ready to go catch some bass. Have you got any reports from there. Like how is the water level or color? Hit me up and let's hookem up!

letsfish34
06-16-2011, 03:28 PM

the best way i know how to fish for the slabs are at night if you have a boat tie up to two trees and tie a lantern on the tree in the front and back of the boat that lights up the whole area then live shiners on a gold crappie hook you can use a couple of poles set at different depths if you dnt have a fish finder either a worm weight tied about a foot above the hook or split shot weight will work also or you can buy the floating fishing lights good luck and good fishing or you can throw jigs but with the lights at night seems to be the best way