PDA

View Full Version : Bacon Wrapped Duck breast/jalapeno

BA1125
01-11-2011, 02:06 PM
How does everyone prepare there's? I'm looking for a different way to prepare them.

I have heard using milk & coke to draw out the blood and gamey taste and then marinade with italian dressing.

I have also read where you could use water with salt instead of milk.

I normall use to italian dressing or a cajun injector sauce that I have to marinade with.

Thanks,
-Brad

SULPHITE
01-11-2011, 02:30 PM
milk or italian dressing...

milk, tobasco sauce, and tony's

meaux fishing
01-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Soak in salt water for a couple hrs... Then I either dont marinate them at all and wrap in bacon with bell pepper, cream cheese and sometimes jalapeno put on skewers or toothpicks and grill. Or cut em into strips and marinate em in pepper jelly , peach jelly,Diced jalapenos, cream cheese, and a little water to make it liquid. Use a grill basket and put a layer of bacon on the bottom then the duck then bacon on top close the basket pour the marinade over the top and grill it

specksNdaSURF
01-11-2011, 07:42 PM
1.soak duck breast in a little vinegar and water pressing each breast a few times to help tenderize and remove excess blood
2. marinate breasts overnight in soy, olive oil, garlic powder/fresh minced garlic, season to your taste (i perfer alot)
3.take a couple links of your favorite smoked sausage, bell peppers, jal. peppers, onions chop the veggies in large squares to place on skewers alternating with all components including marinated duck breats
4. grill on lower heat using marinate to keep duck breasts from drying out(i don't cook them over high heat because they will become rubber if not watched carefully)

SULPHITE
01-11-2011, 07:54 PM
1.soak duck breast in a little vinegar and water pressing each breast a few times to help tenderize and remove excess blood
2. marinate breasts overnight in soy, olive oil, garlic powder/fresh minced garlic, season to your taste (i perfer alot)
3.take a couple links of your favorite smoked sausage, bell peppers, jal. peppers, onions chop the veggies in large squares to place on skewers alternating with all components including marinated duck breats
4. grill on lower heat using marinate to keep duck breasts from drying out(i don't cook them over high heat because they will become rubber if not watched carefully)

nice! you got me hungry now...may try this this weekend!

shellman
01-11-2011, 08:32 PM
I cut duck breast in chunks and wrap w/bacon , cream cheese and jal.peppers, then stick on sticks like shiskabobsa and season real well w/favorite seasoning then let marinate in icebox over nite then grill on bar b que pit.

BA1125
01-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks Guys!

DUCKGOGETTER
01-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Look on delta waterfowls website and there is a video of grant hillman of gulf fleet retreat in sweetlake that has a awesome recipe. I tried it and i will never do it another way.

all star rod
01-15-2011, 01:31 PM

That sounds good. I will try this next time. I usually just do the typical standard.....bacon, hot peppers and cream cheese when I put them on the pit.

Micah
01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
I did some in the oven.....turned out great!!!!!

LPfishnTIM
01-15-2011, 04:18 PM
mmmm. im hungry now!

BA1125
01-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Those things look tender and full of juice!!!

Micah
01-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Those things look tender and full of juice!!!

I made 20 and ate all of them by myself!!!!

BA1125
01-16-2011, 04:00 PM
I made 20 and ate all of them by myself!!!!

How'd you prepare that feast?

BA1125
01-16-2011, 04:03 PM
I did some the other night.

-Soaked for one day in diet coke (only thing I had, didn't have any regular coke)
-Drained the coke then soaked them in milk over night
-Drained milk and injected them with creole garlic and let them sit overnight
-Next afternoon I wrapped them with the jalapeno, cream cheese, & bacon and threw them on the pit.

Micah
01-16-2011, 05:26 PM
I didnt soak in anything, just put them in italian dressing with some stuff thats called Cajun Power and let them sit overnight in it.

Took them out and wrapped em up.....oven on 350, about 20 minutes.

I turned on the broil for a minute or so to crisp the bacon just before i took them out.