PDA

View Full Version : New pistol time help me decide

Shawn Braquet
01-17-2011, 02:08 PM
So I'm gettin a pistol to keep in the truck, definitely getting another 9mm so I don't have to keep 2 different caliber's ammo around. I really like the Px4 storm in the olive green, but haven't talked to anyone that's had one as far holding up. Also have my eye on the XDM and glock, but really just looking at the glock due to the fact that this gun will spend a lot of time in my boat when I'm in the marsh as well. So basicly I want a sweet looking 9mm that can handle saltwater and can fit in my console.:help:

LaAngler
01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
glock 19, and never look back.

longsidelandry
01-17-2011, 02:10 PM
I was looking at the glock and XDM a few months ago when i was wanting a pistol. I really like the feel of the XDM over the glock. That's all the input I have though, I ended up putting off the purchase for a little while.

Shawn Braquet
01-17-2011, 02:24 PM
I like the feel of the Px4 but know nothing about the gun otherwise, I do however like the dependability of the glock!

fishinpox
01-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Glock 19

LaAngler
01-17-2011, 04:12 PM
I have the model 32, accurate, light, and goes bang everytime.

LPfishnTIM
01-17-2011, 05:22 PM
glock 19, and never look back.
got one and its the best gun I have, I also have a glock 22 that I reload for. love it. I had a springfield xd 9mm it was a good gun I liked the trigger and accuracy. I'm not a beretta or s&w fan in semi-auto. GLock 17 can supposedly shoot after being submerged under water, never tried it, but maybe one day I will.

LPfishnTIM
01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
also GLock armorers are at every pawn shop, and gun store, Beretta, ruger, s&w, springfield has to be sent to factory for warrantied repairs, Glocks you can find parts anywhere and can be fixed easily thats one reason I bought 2. I'm planning on getting some night sights pretty soon and a 3.5ld connector.

meathauler
01-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Most all Law Enforcement have swithched over to glocks. I carry one and have shot hundreds of rounds through mine without cleaning and never had a malfunction. There is less metal on these guns which means less rust also.

Kenner18
01-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Glock 19 in my opinion . I had two of them and loved them. Parts are easy to get from the glockstore.com

Shawn Braquet
01-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Well i went and looked at both the XDm and glock 19, i really like the longer grip on the XDm, but like the reputation of the glock

meathauler
01-18-2011, 11:01 AM
You can get a extension for the glock handle. They also make a rubber grip handle so that the grip wont slide in your hand if needed. I know alot of people that put them on.

LaAngler
01-18-2011, 12:16 PM
the longer the grip the more it can print with a IWB holster also, you may end up carrying it sometime never know.

mcjaredsandwich
01-18-2011, 12:40 PM
can never go wrong with a glock

Raymond
01-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Shawn, might want to be very careful carrying in your truck since you work in a plant. I would hate to see you lose your job if they do a search on company property and find it. Better check the rules on weapons in vehicles on company grounds first.

cmdrost
01-18-2011, 02:41 PM
based on what you said in your first post, get the glock. Look on youtube, videos of glocks being buried in sand or water and still firing. Very dependable gun.

Shawn Braquet
01-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Shawn, might want to be very careful carrying in your truck since you work in a plant. I would hate to see you lose your job if they do a search on company property and find it. Better check the rules on weapons in vehicles on company grounds first.
what i meant to say raymond is when im not going to work:smokin::smokin:

southern151
01-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Shawn, I have the PX4 .40 and love it. That sucka will let em off as fast as you can squeeze the trigger. I've shot several boxes of ammo through it and not one hang up. I bought it for the feel of the pistol as well. It fits my hand and that was enough for me. Also, Beretta been making firearms for a good while too and have a solid reputation. Also, very accurate for me and I'm not a great shot when it comes to pistols. ...Or rifles. ...Or shotguns but, you get the point!:*****::*****:

Ray
01-19-2011, 12:41 PM
what i meant to say raymond is when im not going to work:smokin::smokin:

Our company policy says no fire arms on company property also.
But the State of La. passed a law permitting people to carry a gun to work for protection, but have to leave it in the vehicle.
So now we don't have to figure out how to hide it so good.
I only carry for personal protection after Katrina. Driving thru NOLA when I do during prime shooting time made me start toting one. Before Katrina, I had no issues.

joshdomingue
01-19-2011, 12:51 PM
But the State of La. passed a law permitting people to carry a gun to work for protection, but have to leave it in the vehicle.

Yea we can have them in the parking lot, just have to park in certain parking spots....

Gerald
01-19-2011, 12:51 PM
I only carry for personal protection after Katrina. Driving thru NOLA when I do during prime shooting time made me start toting one. Before Katrina, I had no issues.

I think [????].....I remember some talk that some companies still do not allow a gun to be brought in side the fence of there plant. They allow [by law] that guns in the parking lot outside the fence....is ok.

Not inside the fence. So you need to know your company restrictions.

Will"E"Fish
01-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Glock 17 been my barking dog in my boat for about 5 years.

Hopedale Hustler
01-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Let's not sell a xdm short here...amazing gun got one in 9mm also but my glock never leaves my side...

Shawn Braquet
01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
from what i hear the XDM just doesnt have the rep power of the glock due to less time on the market, still thinking I like the XDM more but going to look into the aftermarket parts for the glock that y'all speak of before buying.

LaAngler
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
either one will be fine, you really shouldn't need anything except spare mags and ammo.

all star rod
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
When I get my bonus in March.....I am going to Hebert Guns in Prairieville.....
GLOCK 19:D

JDd
01-21-2011, 06:56 PM
I think [????].....I remember some talk that some companies still do not allow a gun to be brought in side the fence of there plant. They allow [by law] that guns in the parking lot outside the fence....is ok.

Not inside the fence. So you need to know your company restrictions.

Private property rights.

unclejhim
01-25-2011, 02:11 PM
I have a PK storm 40 cal., bought it several years ago......no problems.

simplepeddler
01-25-2011, 02:17 PM
old school for me 1911

wtretrievers
01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
old school for me 1911

Yes sir! Proven!

I do have the XD in .45 ACP, by far the most accurate auto I've ever shot.