PDA

View Full Version : venice 7 18 09

fishinpox
07-18-2009, 06:08 PM
headed out to venice today from baton rouge at 2 am checked the weather 10 - 15 oh well we only have to CROSS 10 miles of bretonsound!! put the boat in for 5 am lighting to the south and coludnt find a star in the sky oh well again. make about a 30 min run it was pretty rough but the sun started to come up and reaveled only partly cloudy skys in the direction we were headed . anyways caught a few on top but it was alittle to rough to keep throwin the spook we caught trout on every color soft plastic they make! prolly caught 100 -125 trout most were small or sand trout but we managed to box 50 decent ones some in the 3lb range . got sick of catching small fish strated throwing all the big stuff thanks SALTY for telling me that the ladyfish love the bomber:eek: if not more than the specks nothing like having to take a bomber out of a acrocatic slimey nasty ladytrashfish!!! i do think i will buy some more bombers. so we ran back in and caught 5 reds in baptiste collet in sludge water .

Salty
07-18-2009, 06:19 PM
headed out to venice today from baton rouge at 2 am checked the weather 10 - 15 oh well we only have to CROSS 10 miles of bretonsound!! put the boat in for 5 am lighting to the south and coludnt find a star in the sky oh well again. make about a 30 min run it was pretty rough but the sun started to come up and reaveled only partly cloudy skys in the direction we were headed . anyways caught a few on top but it was alittle to rough to keep throwin the spook we caught trout on every color soft plastic they make! prolly caught 100 -125 trout most were small or sand trout but we managed to box 50 decent ones some in the 3lb range . got sick of catching small fish strated throwing all the big stuff thanks SALTY for telling me that the ladyfish love the bomber:eek: if not more than the specks nothing like having to take a bomber out of a acrocatic slimey nasty ladytrashfish!!! i do think i will buy some more bombers. so we ran back in and caught 5 reds in baptiste collet in sludge water .

Pox, if you're referring to this comment.......

"I promise ya...we ain't fishin' no birds unless they're divin' on ladyfish. Now, I'm all up in that."

.....I meant that the big trout hold under the ladies in August on Big Lake. :spineyes: I hate ketchin' them suckers but they do love that Bomber.

fishinpox
07-19-2009, 06:26 AM
Pox, if you're referring to this comment.......

"I promise ya...we ain't fishin' no birds unless they're divin' on ladyfish. Now, I'm all up in that."

.....I meant that the big trout hold under the ladies in August on Big Lake. :spineyes: I hate ketchin' them suckers but they do love that Bomber.

nah just bustin balls that bonber is like crack for ladyfish