PDA

View Full Version : Lng stock

"W"
01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Cheniere Energy made a 15% jump today!!!! I bought shares in OCT.... Still low enough to jump on some good money ! LNG Stock was a $44 stock few years back....could be on that same track!!! ....but Im selling out at $15 if it makes it there:D

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=LNG

Gerald
02-01-2011, 02:07 AM
LNG information:

Return on Equity [ROE]........not rated.

Profit Margin......................-4.4%

Operating Cash flow............-15.26M

Price/Earnings [P/E ratio].....-5.6

Analyst Opinion................... No Strong buys. Only 2 Analyst listed.

Short % of Float.................. 28.9% [this is a really high number]

This stock [on paper] does not look good.......but it has made a good run [doubled in price] in the past 3 months. Would require more research to see if there is a "GOOD" reason or just speculation for why the stock has gone up.

Congradulations on your great buy.......but watch it closely, it could have a correction......the shorts are betting on it. Maybe the short's were bailing out today to cover their losses.

"W"
02-01-2011, 07:29 AM
I just bought it because it was so cheap and so at $7 I have double my investment.

I usually like to buy long term stocks with good div/ but Im going to hold for a while on this one....... I will probably have to sell if it hits $15....just to much gain to lose

Ray
02-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Natural gas has a big future in the US.
Oil stocks are supposed to go up too. Because I just got out after hitting a big profit.
My companies stock is going thru the roof...

"W"
02-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Ray what is your company symbol?

Ray
02-01-2011, 08:11 AM
rds-a

Went from $54 to $71 in the past 6 months with just one dip(that's when I got out).
When the markets went down last week, it went up.

"W"
02-01-2011, 01:09 PM
GE ,PFE and LNG are moving good.....

"W"
02-02-2011, 10:40 AM
up to $8 dollars today...still climbing

cmdrost
02-03-2011, 09:08 AM
bought it at $1 per share inside my IRA...:cool:

"W"
02-14-2011, 02:18 PM
bought it at $1 per share inside my IRA...:cool:

LNG is going up 7% today..... I hope you got a lot of shares at $1 because you could bank some BIG BUCKS.....

Think I should sell at $14 if it gets there?

mikedatiger
02-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Jeremy, just trade with Stop Limits and don't worry about it. Back when I traded I would set stops based on the percentage I was willing to lose and as a stock ticked higher I would adjust it for average daily volatility. Stop Limits set a floor for total loss and also allow you to lock in a set gain.

I would only be in this stock as a trade play and that's it. US has something like 750 TCF of proven natural gas reserves. Current stock pop is based on a Dominican Republic deal that wouldn't actually flow until 2015 and that's assuming they can actually export domestic gas.

Enjoy the ride but set stop limits and enjoy your gain.

jlincecum
02-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Someone stayed at a holiday inn express last night!

Jeremy, just trade with Stop Limits and don't worry about it. Back when I traded I would set stops based on the percentage I was willing to lose and as a stock ticked higher I would adjust it for average daily volatility. Stop Limits set a floor for total loss and also allow you to lock in a set gain.

I would only be in this stock as a trade play and that's it. US has something like 750 TCF of proven natural gas reserves. Current stock pop is based on a Dominican Republic deal that wouldn't actually flow until 2015 and that's assuming they can actually export domestic gas.

"W"
02-14-2011, 04:08 PM

This is no long term ride........ But im going to bleed it out .... got it around $3 mark...... Trying to pay off my boat:D:D

mikedatiger
02-14-2011, 04:51 PM
This is no long term ride........ But im going to bleed it out .... got it around $3 mark...... Trying to pay off my boat:D:D

Put in a stop limit at say $8.00 or $8.25. If it hits $9 then move it up and keep following the trend. But if you have a stop limit then you know what your gain will be and you don't have to constantly watch it...

I make oil
02-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Stops cost every time you put one on. "W" keep an eye on how long you own a stock. You have to watch out for Short Term Capital Gains. Taxes will eat up your profit quick quick. A stop is a good safety device but to many people over use them they eat up your profit too.

LNG is the future. I am currently working a large Gas field in West Africa and there are TONS of gas reserves around the world. The number one thing killing the indusrty right now is a lack of LNG plants. The company I used to work for is in the process of making a floating LNG plant and it will work. Once that is off the ground it will open up lots of areas to future development.

cmdrost
02-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Put in a stop limit at say $8.00 or $8.25. If it hits $9 then move it up and keep following the trend. But if you have a stop limit then you know what your gain will be and you don't have to constantly watch it...

While I agree with you on the stop limit, the price mentioned is much too close to the current trading price.....which could easily trigger a sale that you might not be ready to make.

"W"
02-15-2011, 01:35 PM
While I agree with you on the stop limit, the price mentioned is much too close to the current trading price.....which could easily trigger a sale that you might not be ready to make.

Roger that.....like today...It has dropped 3%

SULPHITE
02-15-2011, 02:56 PM
stay in netflix...

"W"
02-15-2011, 03:48 PM
all my gains yesterday off LNG is gone...took a beat down today.... I was hoping to jump into $9 and sell half..

mikedatiger
02-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Stops cost every time you put one on. "W" keep an eye on how long you own a stock. You have to watch out for Short Term Capital Gains. Taxes will eat up your profit quick quick. A stop is a good safety device but to many people over use them they eat up your profit too.

LNG is the future. I am currently working a large Gas field in West Africa and there are TONS of gas reserves around the world. The number one thing killing the indusrty right now is a lack of LNG plants. The company I used to work for is in the process of making a floating LNG plant and it will work. Once that is off the ground it will open up lots of areas to future development.

Stops shouldn't cost you anything unless they are triggered. And at that point it is the same cost as what normally applies to a buy/sale transaction unless you are going through a broker. Taxes will definitely hit you, but W clearly stated he wasn't in this stock for long term so it was implied that cap gains would hit him anyway. I am no expert, but my background is risk and I am just making the suggestion that if you open a position you should immediately know what your max loss will be and you should have an implied target for a gain. I have watched too many people buy something, then have a huge (paper) gain, only to watch it go to nothing. If you're in a position short term, then take your gain and walk away - then use that gain to play the game again. The market is dominated by the big players, and high frequency traders, so take what it gives you.

As far as LNG is concerned, is may be a play, but I don't see it in the US, unless legislature is passed to allow for exportation of US gas beyond North America. People are finding nat gas everywhere they drill - and that's globally! I used to work for the Russians and their hope was that Russian gas would be exported to the US market by 2012. That was based on the assumption that US gas reserves were drying up and that Canadian gas was going to be diverted from US markets to growing demand areas in Canada. The amount of US cargoes actually received is laughable. The current market is Europe/Japan.

Just look at our recent weather if you want an indication. We've had a record cold spell and gas still can't break $4...

catch.and.fillet
02-15-2011, 05:43 PM
We have a glut of gas. First time ever, as long as they've been tracking it, a big Northeast snow and winter storm came through this year and gas futures actually went down..crazy...Shell stock went up because of finds and activity in the shales that have liquid (oil) via East Resources acquisition (Marcellus) and other activity. Oil is where it's at right now. Buy the oil players in the shales and watch them grow. The guys with pure gas plays are only active on their sites to keep their rights, they ain't making money........LNG is dead for awhile.

Oh, and I slept at a Holiday Inn last night..in Missoula, MT

Gerald
02-15-2011, 11:42 PM
I watched a segment on TV today where they were talking about the current prices of West Texas Light crude vs Crude from the North Sea area which is a much heavier crude.

They were saying that the WTL crude was selling for $ 17 [I think that what they said] less than Bret crude which is less desirable .

The crude oil maket is badly shifted from the norm. WTL crude normally sells for several dollars higher that the Bret crude.

"W"
02-25-2011, 02:30 PM
New 52week High
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=LNG

cmdrost
02-25-2011, 02:31 PM
you sell at $10?

"W"
02-25-2011, 02:32 PM
you sell at $10?

No....Set my stop at 9.15

"W"
05-20-2011, 02:41 PM
LNG Just smashed over $10.... was down all day until release of export news...Jumps up over 10.......... Sold 2000 shares....

Hopedale Hustler
05-20-2011, 02:43 PM
How do I even go about starting to buy stock??

Gerald
05-21-2011, 02:03 AM
Open an account [deposit money] at a bank or other financial instituion. Most offer online trading but some you have to talk with a broker and they make the buy or sale for you.

But first......study the market, learn about trading and the cost involved with making a buy or sale. For starters..... https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.done=http://finance.yahoo.com&.src=quote&.intl=us

http://investing.money.msn.com/investments/market-summary/

Investing in buying stock should be done in fairly large amount of money....otherwise the borkerage fees will take a big percentage of your money.

Learn as much about a company as you can.....before you buy it.

IMO....you should not be buying stocks if you only have say $ 1000 or $ 2000 to invest. But most investors normally start small and keep adding money to there account to invest more. An established investor should own 10 to 15 stocks [maybe even 20 stocks] and invest about the same amount in each of them.

"W"
05-21-2011, 06:17 AM
How do I even go about starting to buy stock??

The way I started my 1st stock investment on my own is probably not the best way but it feel right for me..

My boss talked me into buying some ATPG stock because there drilling ratio was perfect and he said it would make a ton of money....

Well only being about 22 years old I borrowed 10K from my retirement fund and bought a lot of ATPG Stock

Stock was about 1.89 when I bought it and a few years i sold at 41.oo
Paid myself back and started my own investments since then.....I have been adv 18 to 20% gains even since then....worst year was 2%gain but most lost that year

Read Read and Read up on stocks.....Remember it takes money to make money.....

Dink
05-21-2011, 06:51 AM
Huey's college is just about paid for and he's 2..........bought a crap load of Ford when it was 1 dollar.......

Hopedale Hustler
05-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Thinkin bout investing some in exxon mobil....it seems like it'd be a good start maybe???

"W"
05-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Thinkin bout investing some in exxon mobil....it seems like it'd be a good start maybe???

Long Buy is good....but that is expensive stock

Look into a stock that pays you good dividends back which means they pay you to buy there stock.....Which if your in for a long term buy this is what you look for to invest

AT&T 5.5%
GE 3%
Pfizer 3.80%
Senior housing properties trust 6.3%
BCE 5%

Once you establish a good foundation and learn more you can day trade or short buy

I buy a lot of shorts looking to bank a few hundred bucks quickly in a week or a few days...

I watch for break out news or any change in product which will move a stock

I also subscribe to a few stock update sites which tell you whats hot and not

Example....BP was a good short buy for me and a no brainier...BP was not going to fold or even get hurt by the Oil Spill...I waited until the Stock hit $29 a Share and sold a month or so later above $40..... Which I damn near doubled my money in a month

Right now I bought into Toyota after the Earthquake as there stocked dropped ..Again Toyota is not going anywhere so this was a no brainier also