PDA

View Full Version : Coyote problems....

Nasty
07-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Anyone else has coyote problems around their house? They come right into the yard at night. I've never seen a pack in the yard but one or two is not uncommon. I have small kids and worry about that sometimes. They get bad during the fall and winter.

huntin fool
07-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Anyone else has coyote problems around their house? They come right into the yard at night. I've never seen a pack in the yard but one or two is not uncommon. I have small kids and worry about that sometimes. They get bad during the fall and winter.

wouldn't they be considered a nuisance? and cant you Put a cap' in nuisances?(depending on where you live)...

just a thought :smokin:

Hopedale Hustler
07-20-2009, 09:00 PM
yep you can shoot coyotes year round..i bust em up late in the evening during fall...

huntin fool
07-20-2009, 09:03 PM
yep you can shoot coyotes year round..i bust em up late in the evening during fall...

i thought so...if it was my yard..they would get lead slung at em from da 30-30 :smokin:

Deadly D
07-20-2009, 09:04 PM
i thought so...if it was my yard..they would get lead slung at em from da 30-30 :smokin:
17 with night vission

Hopedale Hustler
07-20-2009, 09:05 PM
i dont kill all of them..about 4 or 5 evenings straight i go sit under an oak tree with a predator cd and my SKS just try to get a couple maybe 3..just helps mah rabbits out..i like to eat them more than the coyotes do..i promise..

huntin fool
07-20-2009, 09:07 PM
i dont kill all of them..about 4 or 5 evenings straight i go sit under an oak tree with a predator cd and my SKS just try to get a couple maybe 3..just helps mah rabbits out..i like to eat them more than the coyotes do..i promise..

we kill em out at our deer lease..normally can smell em before you can see em

Hopedale Hustler
07-20-2009, 09:09 PM
yep..i dont even mess with em when i shoot em..mah dad tells me to so they dont eat the rabbits..if i walked up to a dead coyote id prolly break down like a lil girl...

huntin fool
07-20-2009, 09:12 PM
yep..i dont even mess with em when i shoot em..mah dad tells me to so they dont eat the rabbits..if i walked up to a dead coyote id prolly break down like a lil girl...

well, just to get em out of that area, we will drag em out with the four-wheela and dump them deep back in the woods.

i had a litter of pups start hollerin last year while in the stand, never seen em but they wasn't far.

Nasty
07-20-2009, 09:15 PM
There is a crap load of rabbits around the house. I know that is what attracts them. Also, throwing food scraps out attracts them too. I just recently bought a .30-.30 to bust them. I got the rifle after winter so I've never really got to bust them like I want. I didn't want a .17 or .223. I wanted a lever action. I'm itching to bust them next fall. I'm thinking about getting one of those decoy rabbits and a call and hunt them in the evening.

Fontenot
07-21-2009, 08:50 AM
wouldn't they be considered a nuisance? and cant you Put a cap' in nuisances?(depending on where you live)...

just a thought :smokin:

You sure can....17 HMR would get rid of them.............

Gerald
07-21-2009, 10:25 AM
BN said: I'm itching to bust them next fall.

If this is true.....why not start TODAY!

huntin fool
07-21-2009, 10:52 AM
You sure can....17 HMR would get rid of them.............
i'll just take em out with my 30-30....i LOVE that gun..

Ray
07-21-2009, 02:07 PM
When I lived in Cameron and had cows, they would come out just before dark and lay down on the edge of a pasture that had young calves. Then after dark, they would walk around and lick up all the yellow milk ***** from the calves.
If you want to shoot some, go where there are young calves. If they are in pairs, sometimes if you hit one, the other will run up to it and look down at it, giving you a chance to pop the second one too.
A cheap speckabelly call makes a good rabbit squealer that will attract them. As soon as you see them coming, stop calling. They will show up.