PDA

View Full Version : DIY spray in bed liner

sears
02-18-2011, 08:43 AM
If any of you want to spray in your own liner I found a kit on ebay that worked well. Claims to be same stuff as Line-X. just make sure your air compressor is big enough to keep up. Sanding, taping, and spraying took about 2.5hours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRAY-BEDLINER-KIT-BED-LINER-Black-Includes-GUN-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5acc4547QQitemZ19050 1897543QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

meaux fishing
02-18-2011, 08:59 AM
looks good... hope it holds up for you. My personal experience with DIY bedliners was not good

2ndamendment
02-18-2011, 10:24 AM
If an additive, for these spray in bed liners, could be developed to prevent the bad fading that all the spray in's do would be a product positive.

yak'em-n-stack'em
02-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Ive sprayed multiple liners in using duplicolor brand. It worlks great. But sanding is the key

southern151
02-18-2011, 01:05 PM
If you have a shiny spot in your prepped bed, you have not prepped enough. Adhesion issues are very likely to follow anywhere you do not sand good enough.

jldsc
02-18-2011, 08:17 PM
ive sprayed UPOL raptor spray in bed liners out of my shop a few times works great and stays looking good that ive seen...ive also sprayed it in a duck hunting boat then painted over it with OD green and the paint sticks real well to it...

wtretrievers
02-18-2011, 09:27 PM
ive sprayed UPOL raptor spray in bed liners out of my shop a few times works great and stays looking good that ive seen...ive also sprayed it in a duck hunting boat then painted over it with OD green and the paint sticks real well to it...

I've used the Raptor also....mixed it & tinted it in a light gray.....sprayed the inside of an Xpress boat it's been there for over 4 years. Fixing to do a couple of trucks.

sears
02-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Southern if it does chip off can I just sand that spot and re-spray? BTW I still wanna get my front repainted and 3m clear bra. Prolly this summer

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

sears
02-19-2011, 04:40 AM
2nd I've found some uv vinyl/rubber protectant that is water based that I'm going to use it to prevent fading. From what I've read it should work good. If an additive, for these spray in bed liners, could be developed to prevent the bad fading that all the spray in's do would be a product positive.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Shawn Braquet
02-19-2011, 05:34 AM
where are you getting this from? I've been looking at doing something like this to my boat, saw the stuff that Cabelas sells or bass pro, one of them, but wasn't sure of the quality of it or the ability to be painted.:confused:

Salty
02-19-2011, 03:29 PM
If you have a shiny spot in your prepped bed, you have not prepped enough. Adhesion issues are very likely to follow anywhere you do not sand good enough.

That is true with painting/finishing any surface. It'll only be as good as the time and effort you put into prepping it.

2ndamendment
02-19-2011, 03:33 PM
That is true with painting/finishing any surface. It'll only be as good as the time and effort you put into prepping it.

X2....Salty you hit the nail.

jldsc
02-20-2011, 03:31 AM
where are you getting this from? I've been looking at doing something like this to my boat, saw the stuff that Cabelas sells or bass pro, one of them, but wasn't sure of the quality of it or the ability to be painted.:confused:
A guy named budda.. hes a paint rep and works the lake charles area...go to any automotive paint supplier and ask for the UPOL raptor and have it tinted to the color you want, I do believe that the Cabelas one will be a little softer though, im sure its as good as anything its how good you prep before applying it that makes the difference

hadabite
07-17-2011, 07:17 PM
If an additive, for these spray in bed liners, could be developed to prevent the bad fading that all the spray in's do would be a product positive.
been having my Line-X since 2005 and its not faded at all

1fastmerc
07-17-2011, 07:27 PM

I sprayed my boat with this raptor but I'm not satisfied with how it feels more like paint than a rubber texture.

weedeater
07-17-2011, 07:35 PM
I sprayed my boat with this raptor but I'm not satisfied with how it feels more like paint than a rubber texture.

That's what I have noticed with most DIY liners they end up thin looking and harder unlike the thicker line-x liner

LPfishnTIM
07-17-2011, 07:38 PM
the cabelas or bass pro one, is called tuff liner, its good, my dad bought a truck and the dealer sent it to someone who used it in his truck for his bed liner.

1fastmerc
07-17-2011, 07:48 PM
That's what I have noticed with most DIY liners they end up thin looking and harder unlike the thicker line-x liner

Moron it's not a DIY it's a professional product. Some spray in liners are suppose to be thin. Which is better for marine applications for weight purposes. :-)

weedeater
07-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Moron it's not a DIY it's a professional product. Some spray in liners are suppose to be thin. Which is better for marine applications for weight purposes. :-)

you call me a Moron and say that yours is a pro job but as I recall it was a DIY since you DID IT YO SELF and it was not done by a shop

1fastmerc
07-17-2011, 09:18 PM
you call me a Moron and say that yours is a pro job but as I recall it was a DIY since you DID IT YO SELF and it was not done by a shop

I was referring to the product not the person doing the work. :-p

weedeater
07-17-2011, 09:21 PM
I was referring to the product not the person doing the work. :-p

yea that's what I thought, come to think of it that's the same person that painted his boat pink:p

1fastmerc
07-17-2011, 09:25 PM
yea that's what I thought, come to think of it that's the same person that painted his boat pink:p

The same person who's cousin is color blind. :-)