PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis

BassAssasin
03-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm out here in Austin, Tx working on a dewatering project and I brought my boat "just in case". I'm staying pretty close to lake Travis. Has Anyone ever fished this lake or know anything about it? Any info would help. I'm stuck out here until April and really missing Toledo bend and Rayburn.

gonzalesdave
03-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Drive over to Fork!

Jordan
03-04-2011, 04:42 PM
never hurts to launch the boat...

Gerald
03-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm out here in Austin, Tx working on a dewatering project and I brought my boat "just in case". I'm staying pretty close to lake Travis. Has Anyone ever fished this lake or know anything about it? Any info would help. I'm stuck out here until April and really missing Toledo bend and Rayburn.

Have you been to "The Osias" over looking Lake Travis to drink a cold one and watch the sun set?

I think it Burnt down a few years ago, and rebuilt??????

BassAssasin
03-04-2011, 05:33 PM
i think its still there, my wife is begging me to take her.
im planning on launchin the boat sunday afternoon, if we get off early enough. ill post a report

outcast
03-04-2011, 06:37 PM
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/travis/

rosska
03-04-2011, 10:42 PM
What type of dewatering project are you working on?

BassAssasin
03-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Travis county is having Hamilton Pool cleaned of all sediment. They have divers go down and suck up the silts and sand via pump, and send it to us ( Del Tank ) where we screen it and run through filter presses. And return clean water back into the pool

shellman
03-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Hippie hollow has some perty sites...bbeautiful scenery

Gerald
03-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Does the bridge in downtown Austin still have the bats living there?

That is a cool thing to see them come out in the evening.

BassAssasin
03-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Yea I wanna take my daughterto see the bats, it sounds cool. We drove by Hippie Hallow and a sign read " Clothing optional" . ........

BassAssasin
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Well we brought the boat to the jobsite yesterday so we could just hit the lake right outta work. We ducked out around 1:00pm and headed to the launch. When we arrived at the launch we found that the lake is like 15 ft low! We had to drive around for 30 min trying to find a launch. The one we ended up using was a private launch, we didn't know until we pulled the boat out. Lake Travis is super clear and super deep, so not quite what I'm used to. But I found a back of a creek with a little shallow water and water temp around 61. We started getting bites immediately. Mostly short fish but still fun. We ended up catching 6 bass 3 keepers on senior and shaky heads and 1 fat white bass on a swimbait. It felt good to get on a lake I've never seen before and be able to catch fish in only 3 hrs.

BigChaf
03-08-2011, 01:33 PM
You might catch a SKINNY DIPPER!!!!!