PDA

View Full Version : im on my way to !

BLUE
03-20-2011, 07:01 PM
today makes 9 weeks of being SMOKE FREE !
smoked 2 packs a day for @ 15 years, i took chantix for 4 weeks and haven't looked back ! :eek:
so i guess i'm a QUITTER !!! :smokin: lol

bay_slayer
03-20-2011, 07:52 PM
nothing wrong with being that type of quitter. I made the decision a couple of years ago to quit cold turkey, and I havent touched them since!!

Montauk17
03-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Way to go man! I had quit last year and picked them back up. Going on 5 weeks without one cold turkey.

BLUE
03-20-2011, 09:53 PM
That's awesome bay_slayer I couldnt have went cold turkey !
Keep it up montauk , u got this !

LPfishnTIM
03-20-2011, 10:02 PM
congrats, and when you quit chantix resist the urge!

fishinpox
03-20-2011, 10:05 PM
i quit on the 1st of the year 2 packs a day .... chewed nic. gum for a week or so then i read the book "the easy way to quit smoking" and BOOM i havent smoked since . downside im gettin fat like a fu**

BLUE
03-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah u right about that pox ...... I don't need my belt any more ! Lol

fishinpox
03-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Yeah u right about that pox ...... I don't need my belt any more ! Lol

i cant even see "it" anymore:eek::*****::*****::*****: all i wanna do is eat eat eat

mcjaredsandwich
03-21-2011, 07:56 AM
I have been cutting back for about 3 weeks now. Still dip the same amount. Went from a pack a day to 5 cigarettes a week, roughly.

Its tough, and commend you for chugging along. The first week is toughest for me.

sears
03-25-2011, 07:35 AM
do the urges come right back as soon as you stop taking chantix?

booyagasha
03-25-2011, 08:33 AM
i tried cutting the water off on ash wedneday....for the lent deal...lasted 2 days....and it seems like i smoke alot more now then before....pisses me off...willl be looking up this chantix

SaltyShaw
03-25-2011, 10:22 AM
What is this chantix? I have been wanting to quit but just have zero will power to shake it cold turkey, the second I drink a beer I want a cig and I'm not droppin drinkin beer lol

BLUE
03-25-2011, 12:08 PM
do the urges come right back as soon as you stop taking chantix?

Not at all ! I haven't had the urge !

sears
03-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Cool did insurance cover it and did u need to go to doctor or do they just call it in

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

booyagasha
03-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Cool did insurance cover it and did u need to go to doctor or do they just call it in

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

+1

Montauk17
03-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Week 6 cold turkey! Im done with them for good this time!

fishinpox
03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
What is this chantix? I have been wanting to quit but just have zero will power to shake it cold turkey, the second I drink a beer I want a cig and I'm not droppin drinkin beer lol

Sounds gay but trust me read the book " the easy way to quit smoking" by Allen Carr

BLUE
03-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Ins didn't cover ... Payed out of pocket 160$
The dr gave me a prescription !

booyagasha
03-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Ins didn't cover ... Payed out of pocket 160$
The dr gave me a prescription !

THANKS.....I'LL JUST THROW THIS ONE OUT THERE...NOT THAT IT PERTAINS TO ME:cool:...i hear it makes you sick of the taste/thought of smoke. If it's true, is that all smoke? Cigars, hookahs, and how about the mary jane?...not that it pertains to me....:smokin::D:D:D:D

fun w son
04-19-2011, 01:47 PM
i stopped Jan. 4 2004. and haven't looked back!
but i had to stop drinking for about 3 months though.every time i grabbed a beer i wanted a smoke, now i can drink with out a cig.

specktator
04-19-2011, 01:53 PM
If you can do it without taking Chantix, try it. Chantix has different effects on people psychologically. I have a buddy that took it, and I didn't even wanna be around him cause he was such a d I c k! I think even a few people have committed suicide from it! I am working on quitting myself. I still have one occasionally but haven't bought a pack in a few months.

specktator
04-19-2011, 01:55 PM
WARNING
SERIOUS NEUROPSYCHIATRIC EVENTS
Serious neuropsychiatric events including, but not limited to, depression, suicidal ideation, suicide attempt and completed suicide have been reported in patients taking CHANTIX. Some reported cases may have been complicated by the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal in patients who stopped smoking. Depressed mood may be a symptom of nicotine withdrawal. Depression, rarely including suicidal ideation, has been reported in smokers undergoing a smoking cessation attempt without medication. However, some of these symptoms have occurred in patients taking CHANTIX who continued to smoke.
All patients being treated with CHANTIX should be observed for neuropsychiatric symptoms including changes in behavior, hostility, agitation, depressed mood, and suicide-related events, including ideation, behavior, and attempted suicide. These symptoms, as well as worsening of pre-existing psychiatric illness and completed suicide, have been reported in some patients attempting to quit smoking while taking CHANTIX in the postmarketing experience. When symptoms were reported, most were during CHANTIX treatment, but some were following discontinuation of CHANTIX therapy.
These events have occurred in patients with and without preexisting psychiatric disease. Patients with serious psychiatric illness such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder did not participate in the premarketing studies of CHANTIX, and the safety and efficacy of CHANTIX in such patients has not been established.
Advise patients and caregivers that the patient should stop taking CHANTIX and contact a healthcare provider immediately if agitation, hostility, depressed mood, or changes in behavior or thinking that are not typical for the patient are observed, or if the patient develops suicidal ideation or suicidal behavior. In many postmarketing cases, resolution of symptoms after discontinuation of CHANTIX was reported, although in some cases the symptoms persisted; therefore, ongoing monitoring and supportive care should be provided until symptoms resolve.
The risks of CHANTIX should be weighed against the benefits of its use. CHANTIX has been demonstrated to increase the likelihood of abstinence from smoking for as long as one year compared to treatment with placebo. The health benefits of quitting smoking are immediate and substantial. [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS and ADVERSE REACTIONS]