PDA

View Full Version : Opening morning success

Feesherman
03-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Nothing was gobblin but about 7:20 I had a jake come in struttin it up for my decoy. Public land so I couldn't pass it up. Had another come in on me yesterday morning and busted me with my gun in my lap while I was taking a stretch. He kept coming and coming and every time he would turn is head I'd inch my gun up a little more. He ended up right in front of me about 10ft away and when he turned around I threw my gun up. He heard me and putted, was a bout to bolt. I rushed it and shot and missed. Dat close I am shooting bullets. Had about a 6 inch beard. Oh well, at least now my turkey season isn't over.

mcjaredsandwich
03-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Where were you hunting, and don't worry that gobbler will be back, maybe with his dad.

Feesherman
03-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Where were you hunting, and don't worry that gobbler will be back, maybe with his dad.

Deep deep in da National forest!

specktator
03-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Congrats on the bird. I haven't been hearing much. Went to Sherbune this morning and heard 2 but they were across the bayou and my only option would have been to swim it!

Feesherman
03-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Congrats on the bird. I haven't been hearing much. Went to Sherbune this morning and heard 2 but they were across the bayou and my only option would have been to swim it!

Well at least it's warm!

specktator
03-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Well at least it's warm!

:*****::*****: I aint that mad at em.......

YET! :D