PDA

View Full Version : Sibley Lake_3-26-11

jpeff31787
03-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Friday after work I hauled my boat up to Nat****oches, La where my brother Brett lives. We knew that the day ahead of us would be tough with the wind but were determined to find out if they have fish in this lake or not, since neither of us had fished it besides from the bank.

Got to wake up at 6:20 and still got to the lake before sun up, since it was less than 2 minutes away from my brother's place which was awesome! Anyway we got to the water spotted a big point and thought it would be a good start. Within minutes we saw small fish hitting shad and put a few in the boat. Then noticed schools of shad along a bank, so naturally we headed that way and started slinging in bass fish after fish. Then the wind picked up and the clouds blew away and the bite slowed. Ended up with around 50 bass, one sacalait, and a hell of a good time. We also missed a 6.5lber+ at the edge of the boat :(

Nearly forget my good story. My brother hooked into what he didn't know was a nice fish, but i had saw the flash and saw the good size so i dropped my rod down to grab a net for him. Well he brought the fish into the net, and then i noticed my line on my rod was very tight and i was only throwing a fluke which is pretty light and the line usually doesn't tighten up much. I ran to my rod to inspect the tight line when i felt a good thud so I set the hook, telling my brother I've got another good one. I looked at him and he obviously didn't believe me, but still he grabbed the net and netted our second consecutive 5lb fish!! It was pretty awesome!!

Jordan
03-27-2011, 01:16 PM
hell yeah, i love sibley lake

jpeff31787
03-27-2011, 01:50 PM
hell yeah, i love sibley lake

haha that was the first time I've ever been. Water was extremely low and everywhere we found grass and shade, we found fish. Sacalait were biting pretty good too. We saw a lot of ppl catching a lot

Jordan
03-27-2011, 02:16 PM
its a very nice lake.... very stumpy... i had a friend of mine that lived in the trailer park right by the boat launch on the south side of the lake by the bridge. I'd walk down to the lake and flip jig and pigs and small spinner baits and mop up on 1-2 lb bass. It is truely a nice fishing lake.

jpeff31787
03-27-2011, 06:03 PM
its a very nice lake.... very stumpy... i had a friend of mine that lived in the trailer park right by the boat launch on the south side of the lake by the bridge. I'd walk down to the lake and flip jig and pigs and small spinner baits and mop up on 1-2 lb bass. It is truely a nice fishing lake.

It really is a nice fishing lake, there doesn't seem to be much fishing pressure and the fish are definitely there

huntin fool
03-27-2011, 06:04 PM
is that the big lake in Na****oches? If so my family lives on it..Never go up there, so never really fish

jpeff31787
03-27-2011, 06:20 PM
is that the big lake in Na****oches? If so my family lives on it..Never go up there, so never really fish

i don't really know if its the lake you are talking about, because they have a few lakes pretty close by, but I do know that this is one of the bigger lakes right in the center of Nat****oches near campus too

huntin fool
03-27-2011, 06:32 PM
i don't really know if its the lake you are talking about, because they have a few lakes pretty close by, but I do know that this is one of the bigger lakes right in the center of Nat****oches near campus too

yep thats it...My aunt teaches at the college so she lives right around it.. But yea thats the one

wtretrievers
03-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Have fish it a few times with my old boss...awesome lake! Have caught some really good fish outta there! Beautiful fish Jeremy!

ripinlips
03-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Nice fish and great report...it is always like reading a good story about your trips..awesome

YellowMouth7
04-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a really fun trip