PDA

View Full Version : Lacafish 4-2-10

BowSlayer21
04-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Went to laccasine this morning did not even catch one fish itbsucked bad. We lauched at the new launch and water was lower than 2 weeks ago

DUCKGOGETTER
04-02-2011, 12:09 PM
If we don't get some rain they will close it for sure. There's no way we can get enough rain to put water in there.

BowSlayer21
04-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Amen i agree 100% but it still one of my favorite fishing spots

weedeater
04-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Not that it means alot but I talked to a guy at WLF in Lake Charles last week and he said no talk of closeing but be careful and dont burn your motor up

DUCKGOGETTER
04-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh we caught some fish in there last sunday. By far my favorite place to fish and it kills me to see it look like it does.

Jedi Lure Tricks
04-02-2011, 04:16 PM
yeah, it's stupid low in there. we went this morning and it was slow for us too. we only caught 12 bass from 8 this morning till 2. I caught one that weighed just under 4lbs and my bud had a 6lber. the rest were just dinks. we worked hard for those 12 fish.. i hate push poling! :cry:

BigChaf
04-02-2011, 05:17 PM
They have pumps, anyone know why they don't use them, oh I know why, the Feds will be broke in a week, can't afford to run the pumps.

Jedi Lure Tricks
04-03-2011, 12:23 PM
They have pumps, anyone know why they don't use them, oh I know why, the Feds will be broke in a week, can't afford to run the pumps.

because most of the people managing it don't care about the fish and they'll tell you so. they manage it for the birds. maybe half a dozen times have i actually seen people bird watching out there over the years, compared to the thousands of anglers i've seen fishing out there.

i remember back in like '02 when they had a slot limit after the drought and the next year was phenominal! it was like all we caught was 3-5lb fish. the next year they took away the slot and everyone kept and it was over.. right back to one giant here and there and a bunch of dinks. i'd love to see a big, permenant slot limit imposed on lacassine.(maybe 14"-22" keep a limit under and one trophy over) that place is already a great fishery. if they managed it for the fish, that place would be unreal - lake fork in our own back yard! just my 2 cents.

weedeater
04-03-2011, 12:43 PM
if the water continues like it is they wont have birds either, at least no water birds such as ducks then it will just be another field, well then you can go see doves I guess

"W"
04-03-2011, 01:00 PM
They will not close it....they don't care about the fish..all the worry about is the Ducks and place for ducks..... Fishing is just an extra additive..... We have a duck lease out there for 6 years on the plant! 18 duck blinds and I promise the fish are last on there concerns

"W"
04-03-2011, 01:02 PM
And reason they don't pump is because Saltwater PPM is too high to pump in