PDA

View Full Version : brown lures

fishinpox
07-27-2009, 09:44 PM
do any of you guys use these?? i just picked some up today and they look like you could smash some big trout on em.

southern151
07-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow! My ex wasn't lying when she told me that they were fishin lures! Bout the same size. She must have been catchin BIG trout!:*****::*****::*****:

Salty
07-27-2009, 09:49 PM
This thread should reach at least 5 pages. :)

huntin fool
07-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow! My ex wasn't lying when she told me that they were fishin lures! Bout the same size. She must have been catchin BIG trout!:*****::*****::*****:

yall aint right :*****::*****::*****:

Deadly D
07-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Where's W Im sure this one will get good to.:*****::*****:

Salty
07-27-2009, 09:53 PM
This bait has caught more big trout than any soft plastic I can think of (excluding a Corky) but W will still hammer it.

Salty
07-27-2009, 09:56 PM

"W" http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/images/purple/user_online.gif

Banned

fishinpox
07-27-2009, 09:57 PM
This bait has caught more big trout than any soft plastic I can think of (excluding a Corky) but W will still hammer it.

they look good nice action i got the pink, pearl/charc, and a copper/charc i dipped the tail of the pink in char. then went to look at em on the website i think im on to something i dont care if they are from texas or not!:shaking: the only thing is they were pretty $$$ pricey:(

Deadly D
07-27-2009, 09:57 PM
"W" http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/images/purple/user_online.gif

Banned
I guess politics got him again hu.:*****:

huntin fool
07-27-2009, 09:58 PM
I guess politics got him again hu.:*****:

how in the world does he get banned????

Salty
07-27-2009, 09:59 PM
they look good nice action i got the pink, pearl/charc, and a copper/charc i dipped the tail of the pink in char. then went to look at em on the website i think im on to something i dont care if they are from texas or not!:shaking: the only thing is they were pretty $$$ pricey:(

Mike, them Texans can tell ya everything ya want to know about Brown Lures.

Salty
07-27-2009, 10:00 PM
how in the world does he get banned????

By pushin' the "Ban" button...........

LaAngler
07-27-2009, 10:10 PM
they work pretty good, not any better IMO than saltwater assasins, sand eels, etc.

mikedatiger
07-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Just my two cents but seems like these lures are a TX fad. I got caught up in the wave and bought a whole bunch, but I have caught a ton more fish on assasins and DOA's lately. Plus they are cheaper! The Brown devil lures run 5.50 a bag...

Salty
07-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Just my two cents but seems like these lures are a TX fad. I got caught up in the wave and bought a whole bunch, but I have caught a ton more fish on assasins and DOA's lately. Plus they are cheaper! The Brown devil lures run 5.50 a bag...

Is the Corky also a "TX fad"? :eek:

LaAngler
07-27-2009, 10:37 PM

totally different lure

even the devil is a good bit different action than the devil eye

LittleRob
07-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Question do you guys think it's the eyes that help with the lures affectiveness

jpeff31787
07-28-2009, 07:54 AM
i saw those dudes at academy and almost bought some, they look pretty good

Choupique
07-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I kinda lost all faith in the Brown lures after the Solo® lures awesome wide gap hook.
:confused:

mikedatiger
07-28-2009, 09:09 AM

Did I mention anything of the sort? The question was about Brown Lures, and my response, in my humble opinion, is that they are no more effective than other similar baits on the market, that are by the way, alot cheaper. I bought a whole mess of them and have tried them extensively on Sabine and will go on record as stating that Assassins and DOA's will catch every bit of fish, if not more, than the Brown lures. For my money, I fish DOA C.A.L. Shad tails and will put them up against Brown lures any day of the week, plus they are one of the most durable plastics I have ever fished.

With regards to the Brown lures with eyes (devil lures I believe), I asked this specific question at a very prominent tackle store in Houston and was told that some people swear by them, but in their opinion, they are not worth the extra $1.50 or so per bag.

cmdrost
07-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Question do you guys think it's the eyes that help with the lures affectiveness

I do...IMO only the ones with the eyes are worth the money. The bait is extremely soft and will be torn up after 1 or 2 landed fish. I've had much success with larger trout on the ones with eyes. Although the small trout still attack it furiously as well.

Don't waste money on ones without eyes. Stick with Nortons.

huntin fool
07-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Did I mention anything of the sort? The question was about Brown Lures, and my response, in my humble opinion, is that they are no more effective than other similar baits on the market, that are by the way, alot cheaper. I bought a whole mess of them and have tried them extensively on Sabine and will go on record as stating that Assassins and DOA's will catch every bit of fish, if not more, than the Brown lures. For my money, I fish DOA C.A.L. Shad tails and will put them up against Brown lures any day of the week, plus they are one of the most durable plastics I have ever fished.

you tell 'em!!

isn't the devil lure, just like this, except with trebel hooks? :confused:

catch_and_release
07-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I ordered some of these about a year ago. I've used them 3 times I think, and I've never caught anything on them. I'm sure they do catch fish, but right now they're in my tackle bag with the rest of the plastics that I've accumulated over the years that I never use. I'll try using them again one day.

jpeff31787
07-28-2009, 03:09 PM
still surprised "w" hasn't responded yet

Deadly D
07-28-2009, 03:13 PM
still surprised "w" hasn't responded yet
tonight after he gets out.(BANNED):*****:

jpeff31787
07-28-2009, 03:48 PM
tonight after he gets out.(BANNED):*****:

he's banned again???

Ray
07-28-2009, 08:30 PM
I have the purple ones with the chartruse tail and the silver sparkle ones. They work o.k., but no better than sand eels. In my opinion.

"W"
07-28-2009, 09:25 PM

Been wanting a piece of this one....This is an over price plastic....You want eyes just paint them on a eel...I will burn anybody 5 to 1 on a sand eel jr....Ask Nate......

Salty
07-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Been wanting a piece of this one....This is an over price plastic....You want eyes just paint them on a eel...I will burn anybody 5 to 1 on a sand eel jr....Ask Nate......

:*****: :*****: :*****: That's how your eyes will look when Capt. Ryan gets done with ya.

Deadly D
07-28-2009, 09:31 PM
:*****: :*****: :*****: That's how your eyes will look when Capt. Ryan gets done with ya.
OMG let the good times roll:*****:

SKnox
07-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Ding ding!!!!!!!

southern151
07-28-2009, 09:50 PM

W, I put up a good one on you and Ryan in the net. I was hoping you'd been around when posted but, you couldn't keep your foot out of your mouth long enough!:*****:

fishinpox
07-28-2009, 10:00 PM

not doubting the sand eel jr is an effective plastic i will let you know this sunday how the fish on the east side like the old devil eye never fished with em yet. you are right about them being pricey. i still think i will be back with the opening nite dudley bay chovey with xtra glitter sure thing over this way!!:grinpimp:

"W"
07-28-2009, 10:06 PM
not doubting the sand eel jr is an effective plastic i will let you know this sunday how the fish on the east side like the old devil eye never fished with em yet. you are right about them being pricey. i still think i will be back with the opening nite dudley bay chovey with xtra glitter sure thing over this way!!:grinpimp:

Ask Capt Matt C and Chris E about the sand eel Jrs on Lake P....We were killing them with boats all around us.....We were the only boat catching...Sand eels will out fish Dudleys,Cochoes,Hybirds and Browns....

Here is another bait for SALTY

Salty
07-28-2009, 10:26 PM
We were the only boat catching.

:shaking: Then why did you finish 2nd? :rolleyes:

Deadly D
07-28-2009, 10:27 PM
:confused::confused::confused::eek::grinpimp:

"W"
07-28-2009, 10:37 PM

We Cheated....:eek:

Salty
07-28-2009, 10:39 PM

FINALLY...you admit it. :eek:

huntin fool
07-28-2009, 10:40 PM

:eek: no surprise der :*****:

Deadly D
07-28-2009, 10:45 PM
:eek: no surprise der :*****:
Fool you getting a little rough on you buddy there :*****:

huntin fool
07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Fool you getting a little rough on you buddy there :*****:

its all for fun...

as soon as he quits calling me a welcher, i'll quit callin him a midget;)

Salty
07-28-2009, 10:49 PM
its all for fun...

Man, is that the pot callin' the kettle black...or what?

Deadly D
07-28-2009, 10:54 PM
its all for fun...

Fool you know it want happen then. you know his saying thats how we roll:*****:

huntin fool
07-29-2009, 08:24 AM

i aint NEVER welched out of any of his deals.

Capt. Ryan Rachunek
07-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Extremely durable lures that catch fish.... Would think so even if they didn't sponsor me......:D

Choupique
07-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Anybody want to by 3 “solos” they are collectors items!
http://brownlures.com/productpage/solo/

cmdrost
07-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Anybody want to by 3 “solos” they are collectors items!
http://brownlures.com/productpage/solo/

Also to be used as kayak anchors

southern151
07-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/images/purple/viewpost.gif (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27511#post27511)
its all for fun...

Salty...

At least Jr still has a chance at growth!:*****::*****::*****: