PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Work in Lake Charles

rolltide4469
07-28-2009, 08:31 PM
I am currently in the Air Force but due to separate in Feb 2010. Served 8yrs and earned a Degree in Accounting. I would like to find something in that field but the way things are right now I will be happy just to have something lined up. I was a salesman for lumber and hardware for 5yrs before the military, have about 1 year experience as a pipefitter, and some residential construction experience. I am a very hard worker and eager to learn new things. I am not too good for any job as long as it’s a paycheck to support my family. Thanks in advance for the help.

Slidellkid
07-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Tide,

Introduce yourself in the regular fishing section and then just ask these guys for info on the offshore companies that you could potentially apply to.

Ray
07-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Halliburton, Danos and Curole, C&D all have logistics and clerks working offshore on our platform. But I am off for another week before I can get any details.

"W"
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Chris F...is with Island and he is a member here....I will PM you some contacts....

rolltide4469
07-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the support guys.

Slidellkid
07-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Tide,

These are some good guys on here. They will help you if they can.....just don't fish in their honey hole and you will be good to go!

"W"
07-29-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/

southern151
07-29-2009, 05:20 PM
You may want to stop in at Turner's office in Sulphur or LC. It is coming up on turnaround season and they will be looking for people with accounting skills for timekeeping as well as recievables and payables. I'd be willing to bet they'll have something coming up within a month. If not for accounting, they're always looking for fitters.

elle-esse-ewe
07-29-2009, 06:39 PM
ROLLTIDE....go to the second floor of the courthouse down town and walk in clerk of courts office. The are needing someone with accounting exp. in the cost dept. as well as in the book keeping dept. Talk to Lynn Jones...he is clerk of court or Beverly Regas. She is his assisstant. Not a big paycheck but it has free reitirement a ton of hoildays off and vacation weeks and best perk is there is plenty of eye candy in there.. Somewhere in the 10 to 12 dollar an hour range. Tell Lynn or Beverely.... that Mike from William B Lawton or Towerland sent you. We are gonna have to work on that screen name though.....you'll be tigerbait around here with that logo. LOL

rolltide4469
01-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Its that time. Moving down in the next few weeks. Any new leads? Thanks for all the help so far. I am trying to get on with Northrop Grumman in Lake Charles. Does anyone have some good contacts there that might help?

LaAngler
01-08-2010, 02:47 PM
try Shaw's nuke module facility

Ray
01-08-2010, 05:28 PM
My wife's friend got laid off from Shaw a couple months ago. She was in the admin.
offices. I thought they were doing good enough to not let anyone go. She thought
so too. But several of the office girls were dropped.

QUACKHEAD
01-08-2010, 11:04 PM
hey ROLLTIDE, If it isn't to far for you try the VA in Pineville, Your military time goes toward time with the VA and can be used toward retirement.I think that goes with Social Security, Post office and other federal jobs. You can go to www.opm.gov (http://www.opm.gov) on the right hand side look thru the jobs. Good luck!

Hebert
01-09-2010, 10:21 PM
rolltide...what did you do in the air force? do you have a secret clearance?

rolltide4469
01-10-2010, 10:10 PM
rolltide...what did you do in the air force? do you have a secret clearance?

I was in munitions. I have experience in inspection, safety, hazardous materials, inventory control, scheduling, warehousing, operating equipment (all types of fork lifts, tractor trailer, etc.), quality assurance, and some other areas. Yeah I do have a clearance. Got anything in mind? Thanks

southern151
01-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Go by Turner Industries office. I believe it's actually in Sulphur. They may have something for you, given your resume. Do you have a TWIC card or OSHA card? It's turnaround time and they'll be looking to fill several different types of positions, I bet.

Hebert
01-10-2010, 10:49 PM
check clearancejobs.com northrop grumman is looking for ppl with clearances...i'd forcus on northrop till you get in...they just got a new contract to refurbish the KC-10's..gonna be steady for quite awhile........also check into Shaw and the new nuclear modular facility they are building in LC...Shaw loves to hire ex-military and would be a great place to get into on the ground floor.......if i hadn't decided to go to college i'd be knocking on both their doors...

rolltide4469
02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I have several applications in with Shaw and Northrop and still waiting on responses. Any other ideas you have I am all ears. Going to go by Turner Industries tomorrow and drop off a resume. In the meantime does anyone need some yard work done? lol maybe some water removal from all this rain.