PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Ranges in BR, and South, area.

CajunRebel
04-25-2011, 08:39 AM
In planning my retirement and relocation to southern LA (below I10?), I would like to live within 30 minutes of good, seriously safe indoor and outdoor ranges. Of course, they can be and probably are separate facilities. For the outdoor range, looking for one with pistol (25-50yds) and rifle (100yds plus) ranges. For the indoor range, looking for a well-managed, well-maintained facility. So far the ones at Palo Alto R&P Club (Donaldsonville) and Southern Shooting Center (Thibodaux (pricey)) look interesting. Typically, I spend the entire day at a range and desire minimum BS, e.g., infighting, harrassment, cliques, etc. Appreciate anyone's frank insight to these outdoor "clubs" and indoor ranges.

talbotl1@cox.net

outcast
04-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Ascension parish sherrifs office has a outdoor facility by lamar dixon. Its not open everyday, but i heard its nice

booyagasha
04-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office has an outdoor Rifle and pistol range on Hwy 182 right by the Hwy 90 On ramp

Terrebonne Parish Sheriff's Office has an outdoor rifle and pistol range off Savanne Road in Houma.

wtretrievers
04-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Hunters run in Port Allen

CajunRebel
04-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Hunter's Run in Port Allen... $200 annually AND I have to pay $10/day to shoot? Geez!:shaking: Donaldsonville starting to look better. Up here in VA at the Izaak Walton League it's $170/year and cost nothing on the ranges except about $10 for a round of skeet/trap.

Lake Chuck Duck
04-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Gun club in Lake Charles is $100 a year and $8 or $10 or so just for a round of skeet.

Lake Chuck Duck
04-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Just sayin I know its not the area you want.

fishaholic82
04-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Southern Shooters in Thib is very nice. They have multiple pistol ranges and a large rifle range. Also a very nice skeet set up and offer night time skeet shoots. They have a really nice club house as well. Not sure on cost though.

CajunRebel
04-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Southern Shooter Center $250/year, no other fees. Palto Alto Shooting Club is $150 one time initiation fee, then $100/year. I guess the PA range gets the fees it want but I'm not willing to pay for membership plus hit me up for daily range fees.

Lake Chuck Duck - Where'd you get a fishing buddy like that? The closest I can get is a balding 60-year old that has a similar hat and farts a lot!

Gerald
04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Another option..... is the "free" range at Sherburne WMA. The rifle range is 25,50, 75, 100 yds and a covered shooting area. The range does get fairly busy in the fall before hunting season.

Pistol range is nice and hardly ever used. There is also a skeet/trap range that I think you call before using it......337 556-2251

The shoot range is located about 45 minutes west of Baton Rouge. It is about 15 miles north of I-10.

Also..... in the eastern part of the state.... www.honeyisland.org (http://www.honeyisland.org)

LPfishnTIM
04-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Another option..... is the "free" range at Sherburne WMA. The rifle range is 25,50, 75, 100 yds and a covered shooting area. The range does get fairly busy in the fall before hunting season.

Pistol range is nice and hardly ever used. There is also a skeet/trap range that I think you call before using it......337 556-2251

The shoot range is located about 45 minutes west of Baton Rouge. It is about 15 miles north of I-10.

Also..... in the eastern part of the state.... www.honeyisland.org (http://www.honeyisland.org)
I shoot at shurburne all the time and if i shoot indoors its usually a Precision firearms on Cloverland dr in Baton Rouge or at Bass Pro. shop in Denham Springs.

CajunRebel
04-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks for all the input. In Fairfax County, shooting an air rifle or paintball gun will get you a quick trip to jail. I watched two pre-teen boys shooting a BB gun into the **ground**, later arrested and taken awaay in handcuffs.:(