PDA

View Full Version : Smoking a Fatty

mikedatiger
07-29-2009, 11:48 AM
OK, I am a true cajun but moved to TX and became indoctrinated in the fine art of smoking. If you are looking for a cardiac arrest, this is the recipe for you:

Fatty Recipe:-

-Smoke a pablano pepper for about an hour, then remove the skin
-Take a jimmie dean sausage roll, preferably maple flavored, and flatten it out on a piece of wax paper. Then season it with your favorite BBQ season or rub.
-Stuff the pablano pepper with cream cheese - i usually mix cream cheese with pepper jelly, and then place the pepper in the middle of the flattened sausage.
-Mold the sausage into a roll, hence the fatty, and then wrap in bacon.
-Smoke on 225 for at least 1.5 hours. Baste with a good BBQ sauce during the last few minutes.

Better make more than one because I promise it won't last. I made the mistake of bringing a few to a neighbor's house for a party and now people request them for just about everything.

southern151
07-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm all over this! I'm gonna try it just as soon as I can!

eman
07-29-2009, 06:56 PM
that is half a fattie.
Ya want to do a fattie do a breakfast fattie. Take a lb roll of sausage and place in gallon bag. flatten out and cut bag to place flat sausage on piece of saran wrap. Top sausage w/ blueberry pancakes. drizzle some cane syrup over pancakes and use the saran wrap to roll up the sausage like a jelly roll. once it's rolled up grab the ends of the saran wrap and twist.
this tightens up the sausage roll. Place this in fridge to cool.
get a lb or 2 of bacon and lay out bacon in a sheet . roll the fattie in the bacon and place on smoker or grill away from the coals till center temp is 160 deg or higher. slice to serve . top w/ a lil more cane syrup