PDA

View Full Version : Cream Cheese Stuffed Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon

Jedi Lure Tricks
04-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Decided to fire up the grill tonite and grill up some bacon wrapped shrimp. Butterflied 'em out and slathered cream cheese all up in them bad boys. Then I took a half a strip of maple flavored bacon and wrapped 'em up tight and pinned 'em with tooth picks. Got the grill up to 425 and slapped 'em down for 8 minuted then flipped 'em a couple more times over 8 more minutes. As y'all can see, they turned out awesome! Dam they was gooooood! :D

booyagasha
04-27-2011, 10:17 PM
man, these are the bomb, what size are the shrimp

Jedi Lure Tricks
04-27-2011, 10:23 PM
yeah they're pretty killer.. don't know what count they were but they weren't huge. i don't really like using monster skrimps for this recipe.. the 2-bite size are perfect!

blackmamba
04-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Put some poblano pepper in there next time.. Looks good tho

LPfishnTIM
04-27-2011, 11:11 PM
makes me hungry!

Wide Open
04-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Man Slim! I'm sure they were great, but when I make mine they turn out like mini Base balls! LOL ! 2, 16 count shrimp a big pepper, a tespoon of creme cheese Justin Wilson style, and one whole piece of bacon sliced in half, and wrapped one way then the other speared with a tooth pic! I also tend to go overboard with every thing I cook! These little things are the bomb though! Glad your's turned out soo good!

outcast
04-28-2011, 04:58 AM
Damn, that looks gooood!

joshdomingue
04-28-2011, 06:29 AM
you just gave me the urge to eat some shrimp!!!!

Jedi Lure Tricks
04-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Put some poblano pepper in there next time.. Looks good tho
thanks, i usually put a slice of pepperjack in there for a lil kick, but i was out. :redface:

Man Slim! I'm sure they were great, but when I make mine they turn out like mini Base balls! LOL ! 2, 16 count shrimp a big pepper, a tespoon of creme cheese Justin Wilson style, and one whole piece of bacon sliced in half, and wrapped one way then the other speared with a tooth pic! I also tend to go overboard with every thing I cook! These little things are the bomb though! Glad your's turned out soo good!

thanks... that sounds good too! I might try your 'double baconator shrimp' recipe next time! :D

huntin fool
04-28-2011, 09:47 AM
jalopeno (sp) is what we usually put in there too

Backwards Kid's Mom
04-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Same here Fool...we always put a slice of jalepeno. Sliced backstrap and dove breast also are awesome done this way!!! Yummmmm...I'm hungry!

joshdomingue
04-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Same here Fool...we always put a slice of jalepeno. Sliced backstrap and dove breast also are awesome done this way!!! Yummmmm...I'm hungry!

You can do pretty much anything like that and it's delicious!!!!

SULPHITE
04-28-2011, 01:04 PM
dats how i does mah duck breast

meathauler
04-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Try doing pieces of specs(trout) like that.
I usually trim any fat and red meat off of them. Season and cut in 4 or 5 inch slices by 2 inches wide or so. Put a slice of jalopena at end and role fish tight. then wrap with bacon placing a couple of tooth pics n it. Grill until the bacon is crispy on a med heat. It is awesome and something different. You will like it.
Has any of yall tried it like that?

Jedi Lure Tricks
04-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Try doing pieces of specs(trout) like that.
I usually trim any fat and red meat off of them. Season and cut in 4 or 5 inch slices by 2 inches wide or so. Put a slice of jalopena at end and role fish tight. then wrap with bacon placing a couple of tooth pics n it. Grill until the bacon is crispy on a med heat. It is awesome and something different. You will like it.
Has any of yall tried it like that?

i never tried that.. but it sounds good!

ScubaLatt
05-05-2011, 09:49 PM
the cream cheese does not melt and leak out after 16 minutes over flame?

Jedi Lure Tricks
05-06-2011, 07:12 PM
the cream cheese does not melt and leak out after 16 minutes over flame?

it did melt just a bit, but it didn't liquefy by any means. you can see several of the shrimp in the 3rd pic have some cream cheese sticking out the end and it actually blackened just a bit from direct flames. i think wrapping them up tight prolly helps too. ;)