PDA

View Full Version : My Ruger 10/22

MikeinSlagle
04-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Out where I live I have an armadillo infestation. This is my answer. It's a work in progress. For now its been dubbed Diller Killer until I can think of something better and partly because my Granddad had a 357 magnum rifle he called the same thing.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h452/mikeinslagle/DillerKillerv12.jpg

Your basic Ruger 10/22 carbine nestled inside an Archangel AVS. Topped with a BSA RD30 red dot scope. Thats a Walther tactical light on the bottom and a NcSTAR muzzle brake. Next up will be a Timney trigger group, a bull barrel (havent decided on the brand yet), a laser sight just for kicks and shooting from the hip, and possibly a foregrip. Also thinking about painting it. Im not too good with paint or taping and cutting so will have to see how that develops.

Been getting the dillers out around 30 ft. The little light will light em up really good out to at least 60. Once I get my new trigger and get rid of the awful factory trigger, it will be really sweet. Already got 3 outta my yard in less than 2 weeks.

Well, I just had to share that with someone. LOL

TeamXXL
04-30-2011, 11:03 PM
sweet looking toy

Jordan
04-30-2011, 11:13 PM
I'll post mine Monday. Ur basic stock 10/22 with a 25 round banana clip and a 3X9 50 mm scope and a stainless steel muzzle break. Picked a possum off the other evening at 71 steps.
I am very impressed with this gun

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

MikeinSlagle
04-30-2011, 11:37 PM
I'll post mine Monday. Ur basic stock 10/22 with a 25 round banana clip and a 3X9 50 mm scope and a stainless steel muzzle break. Picked a possum off the other evening at 71 steps.
I am very impressed with this gun

Nice.

I love my 10/22. I opted for the red dot scope because its not magnified and its easier for me to catch em on the run. Was gonna get a reflex sight but after I weighed the price difference of a good quality one against the advantages, I decided to opt for the red dot. (I shoot right handed and my left eye is dominant and that would kinda screw me up)

I got a Marlin 17HMR I used to use, but I wanted a rifle for quick follow up shots and less noise. And I have been having problems with my new scope on the 17. My longest kill with it was an armadillo out across my yard in daylight at 112 steps.

bohunterbiff
05-01-2011, 08:38 AM
What is the max barrel diameter that Archangel AVS can accommodate - I was looking at the set up and need to know if it wall accept my bull barrel.

Gerald
05-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Out where I live I have an armadillo infestation. This is my answer. It's a work in progress. For now its been dubbed Diller Killer until I can think of something better and partly because my Granddad had a 357 magnum rifle he called the same thing.

Your basic Ruger 10/22 carbine nestled inside an Archangel AVS. Topped with a BSA RD30 red dot scope. Thats a Walther tactical light on the bottom and a NcSTAR muzzle brake. Next up will be a Timney trigger group, a bull barrel (havent decided on the brand yet), a laser sight just for kicks and shooting from the hip, and possibly a foregrip. Also thinking about painting it. Im not too good with paint or taping and cutting so will have to see how that develops.

Been getting the dillers out around 30 ft. The little light will light em up really good out to at least 60. Once I get my new trigger and get rid of the awful factory trigger, it will be really sweet. Already got 3 outta my yard in less than 2 weeks.

If you would have said..........in one day = infestation.

weedeater
05-01-2011, 12:44 PM

got a COON:rolleyes: infestation in my hood but my dog keeps them out my yard:grinpimp:

1fastmerc
05-01-2011, 12:52 PM
got a COON:rolleyes: infestation in my hood but my dog keeps them out my yard:grinpimp:

And also the people running in front of your house. Lol

flounder_smacker
05-01-2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LIGHT149-1.html

best light for the money. ive had mine on my ar10 for 2 years now with about 1000 rounds through it with no problems. will light up a house at 100 yards.

MikeinSlagle
05-01-2011, 02:53 PM
What is the max barrel diameter that Archangel AVS can accommodate - I was looking at the set up and need to know if it wall accept my bull barrel.

The whole barrel floats inside the forearm and only touches where the rear sight is. The ID on the forearm is a little over 1.25 inches. I didnt mic it, just held a ruler to it. And im guessing the OD on your bull barrel is .920 so it should easily fit. I plan to get a bull barrel soon. I am almost positive I have seen a picture of one with a bull barrel and everything I have read says it will accomodate a bull barrel.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LIGHT149-1.html

best light for the money. ive had mine on my ar10 for 2 years now with about 1000 rounds through it with no problems. will light up a house at 100 yards.

I looked at alot of UTG lights and almost bought one, until I stumbled onto the Walther.
The light I bought was 24 bucks plus 9 for the mount, its 200 lumens, and I can light up the woodline across my yard at 97 yards. I said 60 ft because that is as far as I have shot anything at night and at that range it lights things up really well so I know what I am shooting with no magnification on my scope.

JDd
08-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Sweet.

I built this one for my son.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k561/jdd1091/DSCN6727-1.jpg

SULPHITE
08-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I've got one in the works...will post when complete...:smokin:

Lake Chuck Duck
08-10-2011, 09:25 AM
I was actually goin to get a 10/22 in the next week or so.

adamsfence
08-10-2011, 09:27 AM
best guns made so many different options to play with......had a friend had one with a silencing barrel all you could hear was the action with them low noise shells. ive got two been saying i was gonna tweak them just haven't got around to it

SULPHITE
08-10-2011, 09:27 AM
awesome gun by the way and thanks for sharing...I've just now got into the "tacticool" accessories and its amazing...definately can let go of some $$$ quick!! LOL!!