PDA

View Full Version : Shaw group nuclear facility in lake charles?

LaAngler
05-09-2009, 01:17 AM
heard the american press published a story saying that shaw will move ahead with the plans to build the production facility.

does anyone know more about this?

Hebert
05-09-2009, 02:07 AM
yea heard that too...seems like westinghouse pulled out of the deal..

wtretrievers
05-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I know a little about it. I'm a safety manager for Shaw. We have the job. It's a nuclear modular facility going to be on Big Lake rd. Right by Calcasieu pt landing rd.

La thats why I was asking about RV sites on that side of the lake! Hoping to get on that job. I'll just move around from Hackberry to the east side, I Hope!

Big Flounder
05-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Yeah Shaw was awarded the whole project. They are only in the begining stages now. Mostly civil work going on. I hope I get transferd there when I get done with this job I'm on in Johnson Bayou. They are supposed to be building nuclear modules there. It's going to be a long term project with alot of job openeings.

Reverend Redfish
05-09-2009, 09:37 AM
When is the completion date for this facility?

CatDaddy
05-09-2009, 09:53 AM
:rotfl::*****:

wtretrievers
05-09-2009, 10:07 AM
It should take around 2 years to complete.

& no there wont any 3 eyed fish. Not a nuclear facility, It's a facility to build modules for nuclear power plants.

LaAngler
05-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I know a little about it. I'm a safety manager for Shaw. We have the job. It's a nuclear modular facility going to be on Big Lake rd. Right by Calcasieu pt landing rd.

La thats why I was asking about RV sites on that side of the lake! Hoping to get on that job. I'll just move around from Hackberry to the east side, I Hope!

i would love to be that close to the lake, i wonder if they will be hiring mechanical designers?

wtretrievers
05-09-2009, 12:42 PM
i would love to be that close to the lake, i wonder if they will be hiring mechanical designers?
Exactly how do you design a mechanical????:confused::confused::confused:
Yeah my job has sucked the last couple years! Venice for almost 2 years, Hackberry since sept & maybe this:D

LaAngler
05-09-2009, 12:56 PM
very carefully.........:)

yak'em-n-stack'em
05-09-2009, 12:58 PM
wonder if they need environmental interns?