PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth the trip?

RODBENDER
05-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Was wondering if anyone has been to Lacassine recently? Is it worth going tomorrow to catch a few greenies? I usually fish out of the old launch. I don't really know the east side well enough to fish it. So if you have been out there recently throw me a bone and let me know what is happening. If it isn't worth it I will hit the White Oak part of the river. Thanks in advance!!!!

SaltERedneck
05-26-2011, 03:08 PM
uuummm i dont know if Lacafish is worth it... but you better post a report if you go to White Oak bc I will be feeshin it Monday. (hopefully)

Lake Chuck Duck
05-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Last report I heard out of lacassine was a couple weeks ago, said it was pretty horrible. I think the LACK OF reports is a pretty good sign of what its like over there.

Hydro
05-26-2011, 07:33 PM
uuummm i dont know if Lacafish is worth it... but you better post a report if you go to White Oak bc I will be feeshin it Monday. (hopefully)

Has the water cleared up any @ White Oak ???

Thanks,
Hydro

SaltERedneck
05-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Has the water cleared up any @ White Oak ???

Thanks,
Hydro

yeah i went last sat and caught a 4lb 5 oz..... check out River 5/21 thread. water looks a little muddy but the visibility looks pretty good close up. I could see my bait at a foot.

Hydro
05-27-2011, 02:32 PM
yeah i went last sat and caught a 4lb 5 oz..... check out River 5/21 thread. water looks a little muddy but the visibility looks pretty good close up. I could see my bait at a foot.

Thanks, sounds like tomorrow's destination...

Hit the Burned out Bridge area this Am in search of bass, reds everywhere you find shrimp jumping out of the water... Would go again but I just hate that landing on a Saturday morning...

PS, fish cops were out doing their thing...

Hydro

weedeater
05-27-2011, 02:44 PM
kinda seems like laccafish is becomin a thing of the past, guess those in charge will be happy. i talked to a guy at work and he heard the intercostal was back flowin over the boards a few weeks ago and mullet were jumpin all over

RODBENDER
05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Well I went to the river today and it wasn't very good at all. I manage 4 fish. Man it looked good first thing. Light wind and I was throwing the topwater at them. Nothing hit. I fished the area before Dan's Bay and inside Dan's bay. I finally decided to run p North of White Oak. I fished around some small islands which were surrounded by deep water. I noticed lots of bait swimming around. I caught a nice 2.5 lber on a blk.blu jig in a tree top in 8 feet of water. I decided to throw a carolina rigged fluke and caught three fish in 14 feet of water in the same area. Left at noon scratching my head. I did see ALOT of big gar in this area busting bait. I spoke with the park manager and a Game Warden at the launch and they both stated fishing has been tough. Warden said I had more fish than people had bites. I just don't know what is wrong right now!! Water clarity was 2 feet in main river and crystal clear in Dan's Bay. If anyone has the answer I sure would like to hear it!!!

huntin fool
05-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Bite sucks on westfork roght now too............... Not worth wasting yoyr time ;).Well I went to the river today and it wasn't very good at all. I manage 4 fish. Man it looked good first thing. Light wind and I was throwing the topwater at them. Nothing hit. I fished the area before Dan's Bay and inside Dan's bay. I finally decided to run p North of White Oak. I fished around some small islands which were surrounded by deep water. I noticed lots of bait swimming around. I caught a nice 2.5 lber on a blk.blu jig in a tree top in 8 feet of water. I decided to throw a carolina rigged fluke and caught three fish in 14 feet of water in the same area. Left at noon scratching my head. I did see ALOT of big gar in this area busting bait. I spoke with the park manager and a Game Warden at the launch and they both stated fishing has been tough. Warden said I had more fish than people had bites. I just don't know what is wrong right now!! Water clarity was 2 feet in main river and crystal clear in Dan's Bay. If anyone has the answer I sure would like to hear it!!!

RODBENDER
05-27-2011, 06:50 PM
My club has a tourney tomorrow and I think I will sit this one out. But I can't help but think, I know those fish are there and they want something! One guy suggested it was the low oxygen levels in the water. Don't believe that one cause there is a current going. It might be the fishhave just moved deep and suspended on the trees we can't see.

weedeater
05-27-2011, 08:55 PM
My club has a tourney tomorrow and I think I will sit this one out. But I can't help but think, I know those fish are there and they want something! One guy suggested it was the low oxygen levels in the water. Don't believe that one cause there is a current going. It might be the fishhave just moved deep and suspended on the trees we can't see.

i will tell you what i was told and that is go north from white oak park way north and you will get above marsh bayou and i am told to throw a small white spinnerbait like 1/8 ounce

huntin fool
05-27-2011, 08:58 PM

ALBC? or something like that?

RODBENDER
05-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Nah, it is the CPSO Bass Club tourney. We have like 24 boats entered. We have a few local greats in our club. We tavel around to other places to fish also. Last weeks tourney was on Sabine. We are part of ALBC circuit.

huntin fool
05-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Nah, it is the CPSO Bass Club tourney. We have like 24 boats entered. We have a few local greats in our club. We tavel around to other places to fish also. Last weeks tourney was on Sabine. We are part of ALBC circuit.

Hmm. Yea... My buddy fishes the CPSO bass tourneys..