PDA

View Full Version : Calcasieu river 5/30 pm

RatherBFishin
05-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Met a buddy at White Oak at 5 pm yesterday afternoon. We went north thinking the water would be pretty. Found it churned up from all the boat traffic. There were people tubing way up north and running around bends with kids behind the boat. I don't understand it:shaking:? The water was much prettier south of White Oak and we found some calm back waters where we had a little luck. Picked up 5 bass on topwater (spooks) and a couple more on Traps. All bites were very late as in after 730pm. Nothing over 2 pounds but not bad for a three hour trip. First time on the river this year and the water is right if the boat traffic calms down. Should get good soon!

Micah
05-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Good job, thanks for the info.

SaltERedneck
05-31-2011, 09:36 AM
yeah yesterday was a busy day for boats... i can expect it to slow down and clear up. that areas always busy with boaters.

huntin fool
05-31-2011, 09:42 AM
I hoping this new park will take the pilgrim fishermen up to 171 and stay on the main river... Been dealing with some idiot fishermen on the river..

SaltERedneck
05-31-2011, 09:49 AM
I hoping this new park will take the pilgrim fishermen up to 171 and stay on the main river... Been dealing with some idiot fishermen on the river..

The river is by no means special... but you gotta think about 171. Alot of wakeboarders and tubers can equal some choppy mess and bad attitudes. Its only fisherman's code to slow down and not swamp someone. Half the people with boats dont know anything about that.

huntin fool
05-31-2011, 10:01 AM
The river is by no means special... but you gotta think about 171. Alot of wakeboarders and tubers can equal some choppy mess and bad attitudes. Its only fisherman's code to slow down and not swamp someone. Half the people with boats dont know anything about that.

I lived on the river all my life I've grown "accustomed" to the not slowing down or half slowing down throwing a giant wake.

Im talking some IDIOTS, I was fishing some schooling fish the other day, in the middle of the week. Some ole boy pulls up in his aluminum 25 with no calen (sp) I thought he was going to idle by, so I kept fishing and caught 1 and lost one, well next thing I know I got a spook in the middle of the school of fish that I have been fishing!! Not to go into too much detail, moral of the story he left.

SaltERedneck
05-31-2011, 10:09 AM
agreed 100%

RatherBFishin
05-31-2011, 12:34 PM

What new park? I haven't heard anything about that?

huntin fool
05-31-2011, 12:54 PM
What new park? I haven't heard anything about that?

Moss bluff is building a park at the 171 launch taking out all those trees and building a big ole park

SaltERedneck
05-31-2011, 12:56 PM
and when is this supposed to be completed>?

huntin fool
05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
and when is this supposed to be completed>?

Quite awhile I'm sure.. its moss bluff

cajunboy0208
05-31-2011, 03:51 PM
That's just plain rude not to slow down while someone is fishing.

BossHog
05-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Alot of people would rather people just run passed them on the river cause most people slow down just enuff that their wake is twice as big

huntin fool
05-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Alot of people would rather people just run passed them on the river cause most people slow down just enuff that their wake is twice as big

Exactlyy. Or you get ole boy throwing in your schooling fish

longcast
05-31-2011, 04:16 PM
I was on the river sun with the fam. That's place is nuts. People swimming and jet ski going by at 60 mph 15 feet from them. The scary part is the driver of the jet ski looked about 14 or 15 years old. I'm impressed there are not more people killed or hurt out there.

huntin fool
05-31-2011, 04:20 PM
I was on the river sun with the fam. That's place is nuts. People swimming and jet ski going by at 60 mph 15 feet from them. The scary part is the driver of the jet ski looked about 14 or 15 years old. I'm impressed there are not more people killed or hurt out there.

hey I was riding our jetski at that age!! Lol. Until I ran out of sorry I didn't know I had to be 16 excuses.. now they know my name..

jchief
05-31-2011, 05:02 PM
hey I was riding our jetski at that age!! Lol. Until I ran out of sorry I didn't know I had to be 16 excuses.. bow they know my name..

What did he just say??????????:spineyes:

longcast
05-31-2011, 05:13 PM
hey I was riding our jetski at that age!! Lol. Until I ran out of sorry I didn't know I had to be 16 excuses.. now they know my name..

This was two girls. They were so close to the bank that I was hoping I was not going to witness a bad accident. I stoped being a medic becouse I don't want to see that stuff anymore.

Hydro
05-31-2011, 07:06 PM
That's just plain rude not to slow down while someone is fishing.

I slow down for all fishermen, if for nothing else you never know if its an older guy or if someone has a kid in the boat... State Law dictates that you are responsible for your wake...

This weekend I was passed up by a guy in a bass boat doing mach 5 on the right hand side of my boat between me and the bank, and it was up north in the narrower parts of the river... What an arse as after passing me he stops after about 100 yds or so and I slowed down for him.... He didnt even look up as I idled by...

Guys like that give bass fishermen a bad name...

Hydro

huntin fool
05-31-2011, 07:08 PM
I slow down for all fishermen, if for nothing else you never know if its an older guy or if someone has a kid in the boat... State Law dictates that you are responsible for your wake...

This weekend I was passed up by a guy in a bass boat doing mach 5 on the right hand side of my boat between me and the bank, and it was up north in the narrower parts of the river... What an arse as after passing me he stops after about 100 yds or so and I slowed down for him.... He didnt even look up as I idled by...

Guys like that give bass fishermen a bad name...

Hydro

I slow down, 90% of the time.. the other 10% of the time, Im in a tournament, and if I see they are young people, in a decent boat, and not up on the bank, I have no choice but to blow by them when im running a race against time..

Hydro
05-31-2011, 07:27 PM
I slow down, 90% of the time.. the other 10% of the time, Im in a tournament, and if I see they are young people, in a decent boat, and not up on the bank, I have no choice but to blow by them when im running a race against time..

What's up with the quote that's sticking to your replies ???

huntin fool
05-31-2011, 07:32 PM
What's up with the quote that's sticking to your replies ???

The bottom one??

Its a signature.. I mainly quote Jordan.. just to do it.. You need to pay for Premium and you can do cool stuff like that and get in the private forum.. Where all the fun stuff goes down

Hydro
05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
The bottom one??

Its a signature.. I mainly quote Jordan.. just to do it.. You need to pay for Premium and you can do cool stuff like that and get in the private forum.. Where all the fun stuff goes down

10-4